Rose of Destruction II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellfire Mansion – The Catacombs




Ravena reached out as if to touch her, but he was not close enough. Gia was confused until she felt his SHADOW caressed her face filling her with euphoria bordering on…SEXUAL ECSTASY!? Gia let out a small gasp of ecstasy before the shadow retreated to its place.

Lord Ravena: “I questioned you, Giuletta, because I did not want to hear a prepared answer, some trifle you spent the evening preparing. By your answer you have found favor with me yet again. In passing my 'test', you have earned my assistance. My associates...”

Gia turned and looked as the shadows in the corners looked as if they were MOVING, their red and yellow eyes stared at them unblinking, WATCHING them. Surprisingly, Gia wasn’t afraid. At least, not really.

Lord Ravena: “...have been watching the activities of your inherited criminal enterprises. You have enemies, within and without. You have competitors, people not with us, not worthy to stand in our way, who think themselves untouchable. I have waited to see if you would strive to become more and I believe you when you say that is what you want right now.”

Gia certainly knew about THAT! There were people in her own father’s enterprises that were skeptical of her, who DOUBTED her WORTH. To them, she was just “Little Chrissy”. Well, THEY were in for a RUDE AWAKENING. She also had great ALLIES within as well; people who WANTED her to succeed. The father of her lover, Samuel, was one of them. He knew the going ons and going outs. She’d have to make a phone call to him and ASSERT her newfound authority. :lexi: Ravena appeared in front of her and actually stroked her face. Gia listened carefully to his intense whispering.

Lord Ravena: *intense whisper*: “I have decreed that the chief local rivals to you and your father's empire will die tonight. None will be spared. Emiko will receive some of them alive to play with; all the rest will be utterly destroyed. By morning there will be a vacuum that I expect you to fill, I want you to present the increase to Diana by this time tomorrow. Make whatever calls you need to in order for it to be done.”

Gia nodded seriously. She’d already made a mental note to phone Tony, her caporegime, anddirect him to move in on the vacancies left by her father’s rivals. She shivered as she looked at Ravena, for he truly looked terrifying, but as suddenly as it happened, it was gone and he was smiling again.

Lord Ravena: “This is what can happen for those who serve us well. You have wondered what you can do for the White Court, and there are times we will require things of you. But understand, the Hellfire Club is a tool of increase. With the resources you already have, you owe it to what your Father has built for you to increase it, make it stronger. And I am here to help you. And what do I ask? Not your body, child, though you are indeed incredibly beautiful.”

Gia nodded at his words. She had a lover, Samuel, and though they had an ‘open door’ policy, she wasn’t as…FREE as he was in her sexual exploits. However, if her King required that of her, then she would’ve certainly obliged. ;)

Lord Ravena: “No, I ask that when the time comes you remember your Queen AND your King and you serve us well. Now, shall we?”

“Yes, my King.”

Gia took Ravena’s arm and he lead her two steps before he stopped. She winced at his words in a language that was terrible and yet hauntingly beautiful at the same time. She shuddered as the shadows screeched even as she watched as the corners of the room came alive and left them. Ravena opened the door and, with a hand placed on her back, Gia walked through it with her King, filled with anticipation and excitement.
 
The Red Queen’s Chambers

Helena said:
"The wonderful benefit of having an omega level telepath as an ally and friend...is she can easily read your mind."

His gaze into her eyes was unwavering.

“Do it. I have nothing to hide from you, my Queen.”

Helena said:
"Tell me Aleksander...are you LYING to me?"

“Never. The Red Rook is of strategic importance to the Court. I stand by that assessment.”

He allowed a smile to play across his lips.

“But I don’t deny that having her as my consort has certain…advantages.”

He glanced downward, clearly giving his meaning.

Helena said:
"You are correct about one thing. I DO need Persephone....I need her as a psychological weapon against The Six just as much as a physical one. So for now, she STAYS. I won't hurt The Inner Circle or Hellfire Club to make a point against you."

He mentally exhaled, but prevented himself from doing it in reality. They were safe for another day.

“Thank you, Helena.”

He was about to turn to go, but then her hand slid around his throat. He stayed very still as her cold eyes looked into his.

Helena said:
"But as soon as The Six and their allies are destroyed...you will fuck Persephone...."

He could feel her grip tightening, but still he just watched her.

Helena said:
"...and right before she comes...you will RIP HER THROAT OUT."

His face was blank, the mask carefully in place. But his mind was already beginning to race.

Helena said:
"And if you DON'T?"

Suddenly he was staring not into Helena’s eyes but his own.

Helena said:
"I will have Kelly paralyze you and make you WATCH as *I* DO IT."

He knew this was no idle threat. And it was one that said it was not only Persephone’s life on the line. But he HAD learned from her, and there was another play to make.

He took a few steps, making it clear he was considering her words carefully.

“That could be a dangerous move: Scion will want vengeance if you make a move against Ava. And with her new rapprochement with her mother…it could mean war with Diana as well. It will be a risk.”

He put a finger to his lips, turning to face her head on.

“WHEN I kill Persephone,”

He looked Helena dead in the eye.

“I want you to make me your Red Prince.”

He paused for effect, then proceeded to make his case.

“My allegiance to you will be clearly above reproach. And I will be taking on the ire of Scion and most likely Malice. I will need to be compensated for that. And due to my years of service, I have earned it. It is mine by right.”

He took Helena’s hand and kissed it.

“Make me your heir in name as well as deed.”

He smiled, the cold, calculating grin of a snake.

“Do we have a deal?”
 
I
Isis
ambition? or treachery? very intriguing post!
Miss D said goodbye to Zach and then she used her magic to turn up the fine a lil' bit before going. Taking my arm, she walked out to speak with Steel. She thanked him and then she looked like she was ready to go on offense. Hell yeah.

After they finished speaking she sent us back to her suite where she assumed the protocol. I did a sweep, checking every inch as UV, neutrinos, gamma, alpha and beta waves. Nothing was here, good for them. I nodded back to Miss D and she moved in.

It is nice to return to the comfort of my diamond suite.

:: She looks at Richard::

I too would like to see Karen and Michael before they depart. I also want to check on Cameron King.

Nicolas is...

:: she realized with a bit of surprise::

....at the clock tower!

That raised an eyebrow. What in the hell did he want there? I shrugged, at least he was not the WORST person to roll through and maybe he would make things easier for Miss D.

Blaze is at Shadow Weaver's Suite where her Mama is making life tough on Mike. They will be leaving pretty soon, I confirmed that by text a few minutes ago. So we probably need to head up and see them first. I am not expecting to see Cameron there, things are still...tense. Whenever you want, my Queen.

I rubbed Miss D's shoulders as I spoke. She was still stressed even though she was refreshed. But after a few seconds, she relaxed. I wanted to stave off a headache before it came on...
 
The Infirmary

There was only the need as he kissed her, pulsing through her - the desire to be so close to him that they actually became one person. She couldn’t get enough, as her mouth and tongue explored his; every inch of her body seemed to be crying out, More!

He pulled her roughly backwards, his hand in her hair jerking her head upwards as he did so. She turned her head to give him a lascivious leer, licking her lips and egging him on with her eyes. She was rewarded with the full force of him, and she cried out as he took her.

She bowed her head, going down onto her forearms for a moment.

“Gods damnit, Zach…”

She reached behind her, clutching at him, but only managing to put her hand on top of his. She rolled her hips around him, and the feeling of him intensified.

“Empath my ass…your cock is magick…”

She could hold on to him no longer, her hands clutching at the bedsheets in front of her, her eyes rolling into her head with pleasure.

“Make me loud, Zach…” she said breathlessly. “I want this whole damn building to know what you’re doing to me.”
 
I
Isis
somebody's getting billed for the damages done to this room! :p LOL
Persephone
Persephone
Holy hot post lol
The Clocktower – Tachyon’s Floor

Andrew asked Xavier what he thought of the mess they were in.

Xavier said:
They can be killed, they can be stopped. But I still think that there is a schism on both teams as to whether we SHOULD. Kill them, that is...or try to capture or retrieve from the HC. I am concerned that we do not have enough information in one place to make a proper determination. And they have been attacking at a rate that may preclude proper planning or consideration. We need to get together, perhaps with the Six, and we need to decide on a plan of action and see it through. Additionally, the issue with Rose is co-equal in importance. If we fix one and not the other we still lose overall.

“Yeah that lady did seem pretty wackadoo.”

He thought about it a bit.

“I don’t like the idea of killing anyone. But Zach could have died yesterday. And Vivica.”

He gave Xavier a look.

“I would have been okay with Bishop.”

He made a half smile.

“I don’t want them to hurt anyone else, but I also don’t want any of us to get killed trying to stop them either.”

He knew how adamant Zach was that Black Widow and Persephone needed help, and he knew that Black Widow especially had been Delilah’s friend. She couldn’t be the terrible person she now seemed, or could she?

“If someone like Rose could take them out of commission…shouldn’t we let her try?”
 
Zizi had duped him pretty damn well. Knew he would go all gungho on her and refuse to let her go to dinner alone with Rose. So now he was stuck going to. Fucking hell she was good.

"I'm not letting you win anymore."

He grumbled, his kill streaks stacking up. There was a ring of the bell, but Gabe didn't bother peeling his eyes from the screen. If it was the bitchy blonde she would of just bulldozed her way in. But Zizi paused the game JUST as he was about to get his war machine. He saw his character get shot and killed in the continuing live game in the background.

"Aww common! You're a cheater about dinner and a cheater about my war machine. You owe me two pints....make that three."

The corner of his lips tugged into a slanted smile. Zizi let some guy in named Nicolas. He nodded respectfully.

"Gabe, nice to meet you."

He gave Nicolas a handshake before the man took a seat and picked up Zizi's controller. So he played? Okay....Zizi DID have some decent friends. Gabe turned his attention to the screen seeing Nicolas actually playing WELL. His brows raised.

"Wait...YOU'RE SetnotSet? Oh shit man, i've seen you in lobbies before. You're pretty fucking good."

He clicked his controller, playing as he talked. But he got the sense that Nicolas wasn't there to just play video games. He obviously came to talk to Zizi about either Rose or whatever was happening with Haleigh and Ava. Gabe got up just as his character got shot, handing the controller off to Zizi with a smile.

"I gotta make a call real quick. You guys talk, yeah?"

Patting Nicolas on the shoulder.

"Don't go easy on her. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing."

He grinned back at Zizi as he dug out his phone and disappeared down the hall to give them some privacy.
 
The Parthenon- Dominique's Diamond Suite

Blaze is at Shadow Weaver's Suite where her Mama is making life tough on Mike. They will be leaving pretty soon, I confirmed that by text a few minutes ago. So we probably need to head up and see them first. I am not expecting to see Cameron there, things are still...tense. Whenever you want, my Queen.

I rubbed Miss D's shoulders as I spoke. She was still stressed even though she was refreshed. But after a few seconds, she relaxed. I wanted to stave off a headache before it came on...

:: Dominique looked ahead, as Richard rubbed her shoulders. Soon she relaxed a bit, and reached one of her hands up and over, placing it on Richard's hand and squeezing it::

Cameron did something to himself. There's been some kind of alteration. But I did not have the time to explore further to find out what. I'm sure Shadow Weaver is aware of it.

He has not had a good time of things lately. Haleigh, Alycia, Sharon, Vivica... and I suspect he's resorted to some extreme method for "DAMAGE CONTROL."

:: she soon turns to face Richard, taking his hands into her's and looking him in the eye::

Richard, I do NOT want you behaving like these people, do you understand me?

I have taught you well, and I have high hopes for, as WELL as expectations OF you.

:: She placed her hands on his shoulders and stared at him intently::

Don't EVER bring a woman like Ashley Oldenburg in my presence, and expect there NOT to be consequences.

You are the cream of the crop, and you MUST seek out the companionship of a woman who will bring the best out of you, inspire you to reach new heights, and MATCH you in your efforts of success not only for yourself, but for those you care for, and those in need.

You are a representation of TOMORROW'S mutants, along with Firebird, and certain others. Your gifts make you special, POWERFUL, and I have shown you what the world has to offer.

DON'T get lazy, OR sloppy, due to..."affairs of the heart." Don't throw away what is tried and true, over the allure of something or someone NEW.

:: She searched his eyes for understanding.::

I understand that free will, and emotions can lead to mistakes, but sometimes, you can watch and learn from the mistakes of those AROUND you, and AVOID making them yourself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Infirmary

He was sitting in the waiting area alone now. And he was praying like hell for Zach to be released so he didn’t have to sit here and listen to what was going on in there anymore. But he couldn’t leave, one because Isis was still there, and also because he could tell that Ashley was in no way capable of protecting anyone right now. A missile could hit the building and she would have no bloody clue.

Isis said:
Good afternoon, Detective.

Steel stood as he noticed that Dominique had come into the room. He nodded to her respectfully.

“Dominique.”

Isis said:
I will be taking my leave of this place now, returning to my diamond suite at the Parthenon. I can be reached any number of ways, including my ward.

“Oh, okay.”

It was strange that she wasn’t going back to the Clocktower, but he guessed when you had that kind of money you could afford to spend each night in a different place.

“Do you need another escort? I would be happy to see the two of you there.”

She lowered her sunglasses, revealing eyes that were a startling color of blue. They were truly mesmerizing.

Isis said:
And if you are INDEED interested in striking the Hellfire Club, you need to visit me at my diamond suite so we can discuss strategy...away from prying eyes....and minds. Now that I am back to full capacity, the idea of dishing out some PAYBACK sounds rather APPEALING.

He smiled, his tongue moistening his bottom lip.

“You are truly a wonder, Miss Devereaux.”

He knew that Isis had “eyes” on the Mansion. Any attack would most efficiently be planned with her.

Isis said:
Thank you for your vigilance, and for providing my ward with sustenance.

Steel smiled at her and then Rich, broadening it as he reached out his hand to the young man.

“Oh, any time.”

Dominique and Rich left in a column of swirling light, which got no less amazing each time he experienced it. And her words echoed in his ears. Going behind Zizi’s back would be low of him – but if they were able to eradicate their problem and keep her out of it and safe, was that not worth it? These two had to be stopped, and too many of them wanted to either save them or let someone else take care of them. But he? He wanted to look into Black Widow’s face as she got everything she deserved for attacking a child.
 
Cameron did something to himself. There's been some kind of alteration. But I did not have the time to explore further to find out what. I'm sure Shadow Weaver is aware of it.

He has not had a good time of things lately. Haleigh, Alycia, Sharon, Vivica...

Damn...I would prefer to get along with all of them. He has all of them mad at him, or worse. Damned shame. Miss D was relaxed now and took my hands.

Richard, I do NOT want you behaving like these people, do you understand me?

I have taught you well, and I have high hopes for, as WELL as expectations OF you.

:: She placed her hands on his shoulders and stared at him intently::

Don't EVER bring a woman like Ashley Oldenburg in my presence, and expect there NOT to be consequences.

You are the cream of the crop, and you MUST seek out the companionship of a woman who will bring the best out of you, inspire you to reach new heights, and MATCH you in your efforts of success not only for yourself, but for those you care for, and those in need.

You are a representation of TOMORROW'S mutants, along with Firebird, and certain others. Your gifts make you special, POWERFUL, and I have shown you what the world has to offer.

DON'T get lazy, OR sloppy, due to..."affairs of the heart." Don't throw away what is tried and true, over the allure of something or someone NEW.

:: She searched his eyes for understanding.::

I understand that free will, and emotions can lead to mistakes, but sometimes, you can watch and learn from the mistakes of those AROUND you, and AVOID making them yourself.

As her hands were on my shoulders, before I knew it, my hands were on her hips. We looked like e were junior high slow dancing as she asked me to be more careful and less messy. Her speech did seem to give Blaze come credit, and that made me happy.

Well, I already know about wanting something that I cannot, or perhaps should not have.

I paused, giving her a knowing look. It was just us here, and I was not going to lie about things. I was now holding her hips tighter as I spoke.

I hear you, and I will try to be careful. And I would not presume to tell you who to see. Just know that if anyone hurts you I am going to make them very, very dead.

I gave her a look that told her that I was not bullshitting. Miss D was the boss, but she knew that certain things I simply made happen.

I stepped forward and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. I looked into her eyes as I held her for just a second.

You must know by now that no matter what, you are my favorite girl. I will always be there for you. As long as you will have me.

I offered my arm and lead her out of the apartment to see some people...
 
The Clocktower

“Honey, we both know you never let me win.”

She smiled self-satisfactorily, and a little condescendingly.

Cypher said:
"Aww common! You're a cheater about dinner and a cheater about my war machine. You owe me two pints...make that three."

“Sore loser!”

She stuck her tongue out at him.

“I’ll buy you ONE pint and an appetizer, and that’s my final offer.”

Nicolas entered, and he and Gabe made introductions.

Cypher said:
"Wait...YOU'RE SetnotSet? Oh shit man, I've seen you in lobbies before. You're pretty fucking good."

It was nice to see Gabe getting along with Nicolas – he obviously liked him a lot better than he liked Ashley. Which, to her shame, was kind of okay with her.

Nicolas said:
I will HAVE to visit more often, Elizabeth! I find that games can calm me a bit when meditation will not suffice. Whenever you have a moment though, I do have something to discuss...in private. But by all means, there is no rush.

Gabe handed his controller to her, and excused himself to make a call.

Cypher said:
"Don't go easy on her. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing."

“Oh, I AM NOT.”

Gabe grinned at her, and she grinned back, watching him go to the hall. Once he was gone, she turned her attention back to Nicolas.

“Any time you want to come over and play, you are more than welcome. I just got my hands on two VR headsets, and with the projection screen, it’s AMAZING.”

She smiled genuinely at him.

“So, what did you want to talk about?”
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Parthenon- Dominique's diamond suite to Delilah's apartment

As her hands were on my shoulders, before I knew it, my hands were on her hips. We looked like e were junior high slow dancing as she asked me to be more careful and less messy. Her speech did seem to give Blaze come credit, and that made me happy.

Well, I already know about wanting something that I cannot, or perhaps should not have.

I paused, giving her a knowing look. It was just us here, and I was not going to lie about things. I was now holding her hips tighter as I spoke.


:: She ran one of her soft, well manicured hands down the side of Richard's face, down to his chin, and her serious look softened into a slight smile.::

I hear you, and I will try to be careful. And I would not presume to tell you who to see. Just know that if anyone hurts you I am going to make them very, very dead.

I gave her a look that told her that I was not bullshitting. Miss D was the boss, but she knew that certain things I simply made happen.

As I told Zach Armani, words and actions come with consequences.

:: There hadn't been a man who came close to being perceived as her "equal", and she wouldn't waste time with anything less. BUT if that ever changed, and somehow she became vulnerable and was hurt?? her response to Richard was a CLEAR indication that she wouldn't object to him doing what came naturally::

But understand the same holds true for me, my Knight.

:: She would absolutely VANQUISH any girl foolish enough to try to push up on Richard, take advantage of him, use him, or drive a wedge between him and Dominique. She would not tolerate a vile and boorish woman like Ashley Oldenburg having Richard's ear...or anything ELSE about him.::

:: The two of them were capable of making people disappear, WITHOUT A TRACE, and so woe unto anyone who tried anything with either of them.::

I stepped forward and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. I looked into her eyes as I held her for just a second.

You must know by now that no matter what, you are my favorite girl. I will always be there for you. As long as you will have me.

:: she allowed herself to be held close by him, as her arms were wrapped around him as well::

And you, my knight, are the apple of my eye. I groomed you to be the best, and I will ONLY accept the best for you.

I will never forsake you.

:: But in the back of Dominique's mind...she unknowingly shared at least ONE thing in common with Ashley. The realization that IMMORTALITY can be a gift as well as a painful curse. Watching as people come...and GO...while you yet remain. Dominique Deveraux herself was immortal, but Richard Martin was not. Granted, the nature of his mutation and powers slowed his aging greatly and gave a great benefit to his CELL and DNA structure, and Dominique hoped that would allow him to remain with her for MANY years to come, so that she could watch him grow into a leader among tomorrow's mutants.::

:: After they let each other go, Dominique did a quick face check in the mirror, adjusting her hat, and placing her sunglasses back on::

I offered my arm and lead her out of the apartment to see some people...

:: Once again, Dominique accepts his arm, and together they leave her diamond suite::

We'll see Cameron King first.

My magicks tell me that he's in Delilah Trelevan's suite.

:: moments later, they appear at the double doors of Delilah's apartment, and Richard knocks::

This will be my second time seeing Delilah today...

:: She looks at Richard::

But in this time of uncertainty, I don't mind seeing the faces of my allies more often.
 
Rampage
Rampage
This interaction is so well done. It is encouraging when you put so much into a post and the person who shares the scene with you gets what you are doing so well. Bravo!
Gabe seemed like good people, and he stepped away to take a call after warning him about Zizi. Nicolas laughed heartily.

“Oh, I AM NOT.”

Gabe grinned at her, and she grinned back, watching him go to the hall. Once he was gone, she turned her attention back to Nicolas.

“Any time you want to come over and play, you are more than welcome. I just got my hands on two VR headsets, and with the projection screen, it’s AMAZING.”

She smiled genuinely at him.

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

I wanted to thank you for everything you have done for my family, for Isis and Matrix. They have told me a lot about you, though they neglected to tell me that you were absolutely bombshell gorgeous. I am certainly glad that I came to see you myself. That revelation alone makes it worthwhile, but that is not why I am here, to interrupt your game time and shamelessly flirt with a beautiful woman.

Nicolas laughed again, winking as he reached into his suit jacket pocket. He pulled out what looked to be a flash drive but she would notice that it had no metal parts. It glowed with its own faint light and as she inserted it in the drive, an incredible, obviously proprietary information and database program came up. The company sign was a T-Rex with the name "Moon Girl". As Zizi turned back to Nicolas, he spoke.

From what I understand, you are a broker of information and a hacker nearly without peer. I and my associate, Michael Armstrong, want to help you be successful and hopefully share information with the Six so we can each be able to best do what we need to do. To that end, I have placed a satellite into orbit and commissioned the creation of this software with new encryption that should allow you to increase your effectiveness by several factors. Bird One is one of two or three satellites that will eventually be a part of this system. As you play with this, you will find THIS.

Nicolas clicks on a tab and a new screen appears.

Vivica asked about better protection for herself and we have created a battlesuit that had direct sat-links in her index claws that will allow you to hack whatever she has tapped. We know that she values being your eyes and ears in the field and she is a friend, so we tried to help. I trust you to use this as you see fit and there are no strings attached. In fact, control and access are solely with you as granted by this high temperature thermoplastic microchannel light filament flash drive. If you choose not to share, I can launch my own satellite. But you have my family and friends with you and that means that your success is very important to me. Aunt D deserves the best after all she has...after all WE have been through.

Nicolas' smile faded a bit as he thought of her role in his life and how it kept them from being closer than they were. It was unfathomably sad, and at times he hated himself for it. For just a second, this was such a time. He snapped out of it and continued.

So, do you have any questions?
 
Karma
Karma
wow, this was unexpected! lol!
The Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Delilah and Cameron's talk had turned serious, despite his drunken nature. As Delilah was about to talk to him further about what he had done, there was a knock at the door. She patted Cam's hand comfortingly.

"This'll just take a sec."

Padding over to the door, she looked through the peephole, only to get somewhat of a shock. Dominique was standing outside her door. They had already spoken earlier that day. What could she possibly want? Had something else happened?

She opened the door, smiling despite her uncertainty.

"Dominique...Richard. This is a surprise. Is everything okay?"

She glanced behind her, unsure of how Isis would take Cameron's presence. Her eyebrows raised, however, as Isis said they were in fact here to see Cameron.

"Please, come in."

Delilah motioned with her hand.

"I feel I should admit to you, Cameron and I have been having a couple beers after such a trying day. I'm afraid he's, well, a bit loose."
 
“I don’t want them to hurt anyone else, but I also don’t want any of us to get killed trying to stop them either.”

He knew how adamant Zach was that Black Widow and Persephone needed help, and he knew that Black Widow especially had been Delilah’s friend. She couldn’t be the terrible person she now seemed, or could she?

“If someone like Rose could take them out of commission…shouldn’t we let her try?”

I can see why that would be appealing. But here is the rub, my friend.

A half second and the box of bottles was switched for a cold, new six pack of bottles. He opened two, handing one over.

That woman is essentially Mum to two dozen children of varying ages, and the best option for pretty much anyone else we find under 18. She can probably strike a terrible blow instead of us, but even she could be killed, orphaning the lot of them. Or she loses control and kills a LOT more than just them. And even if she kills the pair and is done with it, she now has made an enemy of the Hellfire Club with those babies in the middle of it. WE are already enemies of that crowd. But Rose? Maybe if WE handle this right, they leave her and those kids be, even if they then focus on us along with the Six. It is shitty business, but Rose is worth way more than I am in my mind.
 
The Clocktower

Nicolas said:
I wanted to thank you for everything you have done for my family, for Isis and Matrix. They have told me a lot about you, though they neglected to tell me that you were absolutely bombshell gorgeous. I am certainly glad that I came to see you myself. That revelation alone makes it worthwhile, but that is not why I am here, to interrupt your game time and shamelessly flirt with a beautiful woman.

She crossed her arms at his flattery, raising one eyebrow at him.

“Why I must not be that beautiful, if I am so forgettable…you saw me very well during the battle at St. Patrick’s Cathedral…”

She waved away any attempts at an apology and let him know with her expression that there were no hard feelings.

"I am happy to do whatever I can for Miss Dominique and young Richard."

Nicolas inserted something into one of the computer drives, and for a second she felt a hint of panic. Nicolas and Haleigh had a close relationship and with the current climate, one couldn’t be too careful. All seemed to be well, however, as the program he wanted to show her opened.

Zizi listened as he explained that he was giving them a satellite. He also described a new battlesuit for Vivica.

Nicolas said:
So, do you have any questions?

Zizi was silent for a few moments, choosing her words carefully.

“I’m sure Viv is very grateful for such a high tech battlesuit, and that you care enough to procure it for her.”

She paused, then continued.

“I am happy to share information with the Six whenever my team and I can. And we are happy to ally with the Six whenever you may be in need of us.”

She removed the flash drive, with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

“But I’m sorry, I cannot accept this from you. My team and I have been together since before we met the Six – we are our own unit, with our own strengths and weaknesses. But we are not sidekicks for the Six, and I won’t allow my team to play Teen Titans to the Six’s Justice League. I won’t have them feeling second best out there.”

She took Nicolas’ hand and pressed the flash drive back into it.

“I have watched you a long time, Nicolas King. You possess a brave and kind heart, and a strong spirit. But you are also fond of the grand gesture, and those gestures come with expectation.”

She hoped he could understand.

“I won’t have my team beholden to you, with the expectation of recompense hanging over their heads. I have seen the friction in your team, and I won’t have it extended to mine. When we act, we act as our own group, together – in concert with the Six as needed – but never because it is something owed to you.”

She gave him a small smile.

“I have to be strong for my team, and do what is right for them. I hope you can understand.”
 
Karma
Karma
this reminds me of what she said in the Frost story.
The Parthenon- Delilahs apartment

"Please, come in."

Delilah motioned with her hand.

Thank you.

:: Dominique and Richard, still arm and arm, enter Delilah's apartment, with Delilah leading the way::

"I feel I should admit to you, Cameron and I have been having a couple beers after such a trying day. I'm afraid he's, well, a bit loose."

:: Dominique lifted her sunglasses enough to reveal her aqua blue eyes, as she gave Delilah a knowing look, and smirked a bit::

Is that a fact?

:: She looked at Richard for a moment::

Well, you needn't worry.

If there was any hemlock present, I'd indulge myself.

Goddess knows that the road ahead is long, and anything BUT straight.

:: lowering her sunglasses once more, as Delilah leads them to where Cameron is sitting. Richard releases Dominique's arm, and Dominique moves forward::

Cameron.

:: She looks at Cameron, then Delilah. she wasn't aware that they were JUST beginning to discuss the nature of what he'd done to himself, but now was as good a time as any to bring this up.::

The last time I saw you...we were in your apartment, which was the scene of a BLOOD BATH.

:: She heard an audible exclamation of surprise from Delilah, and decided to remove her sunglasses::

Shadow Weaver, Arsenal, and myself found Cameron on the floor. He'd been attacked, and his assailant left a bloody message on the walls of his bedroom, and his bed, along with the body of a murdered woman.

Cameron himself had had a panic attack, I was able to revive him, and while Karen assisted him, Michael had the scene scrubbed. There was no further sign of the intruder or the snake she used to attack him.

I had to LEAVE before I could find out anything more, because Sharon called me with the emergency regarding Bishop.

:: But she hadn't forgotten the extreme reluctance and HESITATION on Shadow Weaver's part to assist Cameron. That didn't bode well for him, OR this team, if Karen had grown so tired of some of them that she was going against her own nature.::

But now that I'm back, I wanted to....CHECK on you, Cameron King.

:: Delilah would recall that Cameron and Dominique were one-time lovers, and that they ended that part of their relationship amicably.::

You were thoughtful enough to assist me during my difficulty when I was on the war path against the Purifiers. It's only fitting and fair that I return that thoughtfulness to you now in this time of need.

Yesterday, at the scene of your attack, I discerned a CHANGE in you that was...UNNATURAL.
 
The Clocktower – Tachyon’s Floor

Xavier explained the hole in the “let someone else take care of Haleigh and Ava for them” plan.

“Fair point.”

He hadn’t actually thought of it that way – Rose looked way too powerful for anything to stand in her way. But one against the entire Hellfire Club was not great odds.

“So what about turning them back to our side? They were friends of the Six once, and surely could be again? Though how could anyone ever trust them again?”

He popped open another beer and took a long drink of the cool liquid.

“What would you do, X, if it were up to you?”

He felt even more conflicted than the last time they had all discussed this. So many different people, people he respected and cared about, had so many differing opinions of the two defectors - who did he believe? Or did he stick to his own feelings, what he himself had seen? Could he be party to what amounted to assassination? And what if they tried to save them and they killed all of them? His head was a mess, and the beer was not making things clearer.
 
Karma
Karma
Andrew is sweet. Even though it could get him killed, it's nice to see someone w/ this point of view.
“Why I must not be that beautiful, if I am so forgettable…you saw me very well during the battle at St. Patrick’s Cathedral…”

She waved away any attempts at an apology and let him know with her expression that there were no hard feelings.

"I am happy to do whatever I can for Miss Dominique and young Richard."

There was certainly a difference in seeing her today vs. at St. Patrick's, but point taken. She continued.

“I am happy to share information with the Six whenever my team and I can. And we are happy to ally with the Six whenever you may be in need of us.”

She removed the flash drive, with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

“But I’m sorry, I cannot accept this from you. My team and I have been together since before we met the Six – we are our own unit, with our own strengths and weaknesses. But we are not sidekicks for the Six, and I won’t allow my team to play Teen Titans to the Six’s Justice League. I won’t have them feeling second best out there.”

She took Nicolas’ hand and pressed the flash drive back into it.

“I have watched you a long time, Nicolas King. You possess a brave and kind heart, and a strong spirit. But you are also fond of the grand gesture, and those gestures come with expectation.”

She hoped he could understand.

“I won’t have my team beholden to you, with the expectation of recompense hanging over their heads. I have seen the friction in your team, and I won’t have it extended to mine. When we act, we act as our own group, together – in concert with the Six as needed – but never because it is something owed to you.”

She gave him a small smile.

“I have to be strong for my team, and do what is right for them. I hope you can understand.”

Nicolas looked at her for a moment before replying, his gaze soft upon her face.

You are absolutely right. I have a history of the grand gesture, and I am aware of the pressure that can bring. That is why I made changes to my approach out of respect for this very concern on your part.
First, only one person in this world knows I am here. I am not interested in anyone's gratitude or reciprocity or for anyone to even know I am involved. I see someone doing the right thing and I am only interested in helping where I can.
Second, I had this set up by a trustworthy third party so that control of this would lie with you. The people that I know here have already spoken to me about their reasons for being here, and I would not want to ever make you out to be a satellite group connected to the Six - pardon the pun. They are not interested in being any of the sort and I honestly would not wish that drama on anyone.
In the end, the choice is of course yours. I cannot, nor would I try, force you to take it. But I would ask you to have a look, think about it, and then do what you will. If you do nothing, it will tumble Earthward in 24 hours, incinerating itself into nothing before reaching the surface. But if you activate it, it can be a valuable tool. I made it using no metal, so a certain person we know has no sway over it.


Nicolas rose, placing the flash drive on her desk.

I know it is not easy to consider the potential risk in your mind. And I see what Aunt D and Rich respect in you, your inner strength and care for your team. Their regard for you is certainly not misplaced. So I take my leave and leave you to decide what you will. I hope you trust me, but I realize that I have done nothing to deserve that. I just...wanted to help. You take care Elizabeth. I hope that I am still welcome one day soon to play CoD. I have noted your login and I will look for you when I get on, and Gabriel as well. Have a good day and thanks again for giving Aunt D and Rich something they need, even if they might not know they need it. You could never truly be in my debt because I can never repay you for that.

Nicolas turned, walked to the door and let himself out.
 
Hellfire Mansion – The White Bishop’s Quarters




After Ravena had escorted her to her quarters, Gia entered them and headed to her bedroom to get her phone. She had important calls to make. She entered her bedroom and, instead of heading to where her phone was charging, she headed for her closet. She wanted to change out of her NEW battle costume and put her beautiful new mask in a safe place. She unholstered her new weapons and placed them in a specially-designed box for them that had mysteriously appeared in her closet. ;) She still couldn’t believe all that had happened to her today, but she was nonetheless grateful.

WHAT a day!

She unzipped her costume and stepped out of it, before hanging it up on the back of the door. Then she got dressed again. Heading out of her closet, she went over to her dresser and grabbed her phone before making her way to her living area and sinking down onto the couch. She smiled as she spotted a text from Samuel. He wanted to take her out on a date tonight. Gia was happy; it had been a couple of weeks since they had spent quality time with each other and she was really looking forward to it. :garrick:

Text to Samuel said:
Of COURSE you can take me out!! Hellfire ONLY has the best food!

Then she got down to business and called Dante Corinthos, Samuel’s father, directing him to ‘rearrange’ the employment status within her father’s enterprises [wink, wink, nudge, nudge]. ;) Dante was her father’s consigliere, a close, trusted friend AND confidant, as well as advisor, and now he was the same to Gia. He was also extremely invaluable to her as both a mentor AND counselor as she navigated her way through her father’s empire. They had talked about THOSE in the businesses who WEREN’T for her and Dante had offered to help her with them. The phone rang and Dante answered.

“Hello Dante.”

Even her voice and tone had changed. She sounded more confident, more sure of herself. Dante would also hear a maturity that wasn’t there before.

“I’m calling because remember when we talked about ‘rearranging’ the employment status? It’s time. They need to go. NOW. I will NOT be working with those who would constantly second guess me, who would continually look down on me. Get rid of them, please.”

She smiled as she heard the surprise in Dante’s voice. But he assured her that it was a PLEASANT surprise, and one that he wholeheartedly agreed with. Just then, Samuel walked in and threw himself on the couch, wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his head in her lap. Gia automatically began running her fingers through his hair.

“Yes, it’s time to show people that I am MORE than capable of handling my father’s various businesses.”

Gia chuckled as Samuel looked at her with such glee before sitting up and kissed her on the neck. He never quite understood why she didn’t get rid of the naysayers.

“Okay, Dante. Thank you so much.”

Gia hung up and kissed Samuel full on the mouth.

Samuel: “I LIKE this new assertiveness, Giuletta…”

“You’ll be seeing it a LOT more from now on, babe.”

She looked down at her phone and found Tony’s number. She clicked it and he picked up.

“Ciao, Tony! Come va?”

Tony liked speaking in Italian so Gia made it a point to learn the language so that she could converse with him. He also spoke English as well. Gia laughed as he answered her question about how he was doing.

“Listen, T, I have it on GOOD authority that our chief rivals will be meeting an unfortunate end tonight, so let’s make a move and hustle before anybody ELSE gets wind of it, huh?”

Gia already knew that it was a done deal, but she played it safe…for now.

“Yes, that DOES mean what it means! With them no longer available, WE can move in on their territory, their EMPIRE, their FINANCES, their EVERYTHING. This will also ensure that the Nefaria organization will NOT be trifled with. I know we can do this, Tony, so let’s MOVE! Make it happen, T, and then let me know how it went.”

Gia hung up before Tony could say another word. She sighed and looked over at Samuel, who looked a little speechless.

“Oh, honey, I thought you LIKED this new Giuletta.”

Samuel: *growls*: “Oh, I DO…I LIKE it VERY much…”

Gia laughed as he launched himself at her and landed on top of her. They ended up in a VERY passionate embrace as well as a very steamy kiss.

*teasingly*: “What about our date?”

Samuel: “The date can WAIT. I want to see if this new behaviour of yours can work in the bedroom…”

Gia squealed as he lifted her up and carried her into the bedroom. :garrick:
 
He remained poised and calm, his expression blank and unreadable. Very good, Berseker. She was impressed with his composure, however she wasn't being fooled either. He would learn quickly that she would NEVER be number two.

Alek: “That could be a dangerous move: Scion will want vengeance if you make a move against Ava. And with her new rapprochement with her mother…it could mean war with Diana as well. It will be a risk.”

Helena laughed with actual amusement.

"Oh really?"

Her voice haughty and deep.

"Do you HONESTLY believe that if I went into your room right now and killed Persephone that DIANA would wage a war against ME? Just because her little girl was angry I killed her pretend sister? You're running out of plays, Alek. And i'm about to win the game."

She sneered, egging him on--seeing his mind working. It was fun....watching him work around the obstacles she placed before him. Seeing how he could figure his way out. It was like watching a rat in a maze....one wrong turn and BAM, he hit a wall.

Alek: “WHEN I kill Persephone, I want you to make me your Red Prince.”

Helena locked eyes with him, her eyebrow raising at his brazen proposal. Her sapphire eyes gleamed as her lips upturned into a wicked smile.

"Is THAT all?"

She countered sarcastically.

Alek: “My allegiance to you will be clearly above reproach. And I will be taking on the ire of Scion and most likely Malice. I will need to be compensated for that. And due to my years of service, I have earned it. It is mine by right. Make me your heir in name as well as deed.”

He took Helena's hand, kissing it. Her eyes watching him closely--narrowing just slightly. So, he decided to play a hand she hadn't anticipated. Helena pulled her hand from his grasp, keeping her steely glare locked onto him as she remained silent, her face unreadable as she let him think she was pondering his suggestion. He wanted to call her bluff? Helena grinned, matching Alek's own icy smile mockingly. She would most CERTAINLY show him her hand.

Alek: “Do we have a deal?”

"I'll tell you what."

She purred, moving past him; her hand dragging across his chest as she went.

"I'll make you my Prince--my HEIR to the Red Throne. I will give you everything that title holds....power, prestige, wealth....you'll have it ALL. I'll write it up now."

She stated simply--a little TOO willingly if Alek knew her well. Helena turned back around, facing Alek.

"But it comes with a stipulation. You will only become prince when you YOURSELF kill Persephone with your own two hands. Any other means....any other person....any other WAY....the contract is NULL AND VOID. I want to see her FRESH blood dripping from your hands--her BODY BROKEN. If not? You will not only LOSE your opportunity at being the Red Prince, you will LOSE your title as Red Knight. And you will WATCH as I KILL HER myself."

Helena began to approach him.

"By my hand or yours, Berserker, the choice is yours. The TITLE is yours....you just need to TAKE IT."

She then passed him, heading for her bedroom door.

"I'll draw up the contract tomorrow and sign it. It will be notarized and filed by mid day."

Opening the door for him.

"Enjoy your time with her. Make it COUNT."

Her eyes followed him as he passed and left her room.

"Or don't. The cards are in YOUR hands now."

Helena slammed the door.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top