Rose of Destruction II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helena: "Need I remind you what happened to our LAST ROOK, Berserker? When you so foolishly got involved. I'm beginning to think this is a trend with you."

Persephone shifted her eyes over at Alek who quickly looked down, avoiding eye contact with Helena.

Alek: “No, ma’am. You don’t need to remind me.”

Persephone knew of his relationship with Valkyrie, but she also knew that Ashley loved Alek and it wasn't reciprocated back. She knew it wasn't a pattern for Alek. Helena's jealousy was causing her to lash out and Persephone could see the fire in her eyes as she glared intensely at the goddess before snapping her attention back to Alek.

Helena: ”YOU. In my chambers IMMEDIATELY. We need to discuss exactly how this situation will be rectified. And whether or not there will be a Red Rook by the end of this day."

Persephone's face remained even after hearing Helena threaten her life, not wanting to give her the satisfaction of any outward response. But she knew jealousy was a very powerful thing....and Helena's threats were not idle.

Helena: "NOW, BERSERKER."

Helena screamed as she exited the room and disappeared down the hall. Persephone immediately looked at Alek, her brows furrowing with concern as he quickly grabbed her hands. She could see the urgency in his eyes.

Alek: “Don’t worry, I will fix this. I promise. Nothing will happen to you, you hear me?”

She wanted to believe it, but she knew he wouldn't be able to do anything if Helena was truly prepared to unleash her rage on Persephone. But she nodded anyway, trying to ease Alek's look of fear. He kissed her quickly.

Alek: “Don’t worry. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

"Be careful..."

He quickly got dressed and left. Persephone sat motionless for a moment trying to figure out what the fuck just happened and how the hell she was going to survive this situation. Helena was a fickle, jealous woman who wanted Alek all to herself. Weirdly enough it wasn't sexual, which was Helena's weapon of choice within the Hellfire Club. It was her atomic bomb--the power she had above anyone else. But with Alek, it was strictly platonic and even Persephone couldn't figure out why. Helena was far from maternal, yet with him she seemed to be just that. Alek was Helena's toy....and Persephone had become too interested him. But even worse, Alek had become less interested in Helena.

Wrapping the dark crimson throw around her naked body like a towel, Persephone climbed off the bed and moved over to the couch where the two glasses of wine remained. Picking her glass up, she downed the wine in one swift gulp before sitting down on the dark sofa, tucking her legs next to her body. There was nothing she could do but wait. The situation was already grim, but what could she do? She couldn't leave Hellfire Club, not with Haleigh still there. And she couldn't leave Alek....rolling her eyes shut, Persephone sighed out heavily.

"FUCK."

She groaned, her fears becoming a reality. Her warnings to Alek on the beach coming to fruition. Grabbing the remote control that sat on the end table next to her, Persephone flipped on the large flat screen tv that hung on the wall. She needed her mind focused on something else otherwise she was going to drive herself nuts thinking about what was happening down the hall. Wandering if she had made the right decision....if she should leave....go to Haleigh....fight back....thought after thought after thought plagued her as she flipped through the channels. Finally, she stopped on Bob's Burgers. She had no idea what this show was, but it was a cartoon and it was bound to be light hearted and mind numbing.

Persephone sat there silently, watching, waiting, and drinking.
 
The Sanctuary -- Library

Sharon: Rose is an astral energy manipulator, and omega level psi, and she's been VERY...MERCURIAL lately.

"You don't say."

He replied, with a humorous tone.

Sharon: I don't think Black Widow thought Rose could hurt HER either, and Rose left HER for dead. Darren, are you a mutant? Do you have special abilities like Rose, like myself, or the children Rose cares for?

He answered with a warm smile, and offered friendship. She seemed hesitant, as she stood up and went to the fireplace to think it over. She moved so gracefully, it was impossible not to notice.

Sharon: I've stood shoulder to shoulder with Black Widow in battle, and there was a time, where I knew there was no one BETTER to trust on the battle field. She was one of the FIRST people to understand the changes caused in me by Mystech.

"Certainly I'd rather she be my friend than my enemy."

Sharon: And like you, Zach was there for me in the aftermath of my losing my husband and my son.

He looked at her kindly, knowing what it meant to lose a life partner, but he couldn't imagine also losing a child. That must have been so difficult.

At least Zach had been there to help...

He thought, because he knew his friend would have made a dramatic difference.

Sharon: But EVERYTHING has changed! I can't BELIEVE that she went to Hellfire Club! It doesn't MAKE SENSE to me. She KNEW the enemy as well as I did. We've BOTH been touched by HER in unique ways. HOW could she think that GIVING herself to her would be the best thing to do!?

"I don't know, Sharon, but then, there's been MANY times I couldn't understand why she did things the way she did, because I didn't have all the intel she did."

He said gently. He picked up on her frustration but he remained seated, calm and collected.

Sharon: Most people are afraid of me, Darren. They think I'm disgusting. They think I'm insane.

"Well. I think 'THEY' are insane."

Sharon: I WAS insane....but it wasn't my fault, and now I'm NOT anymore. I was a mother, a wife...a senator. Now I'm the Silver Swan. Some days it's a glorious reality for me. Others days, I wonder if I'm actually still DEAD..and if this is my personal HELL. I thought I could do this [ going to the Hellfire club, or anything else surrounding all of this] alone. But maybe I can't.

She looked so sad when she said it, he wanted to give her a hug.

But wouldn't that be a bit too forward?

Darren thought, as he rose from his chair. It wasn't that he was afraid she'd slap him, or even that he was afraid she'd HURT him, but rather, that he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. They'd only just met, and though he felt a connection to this beautiful woman, he knew caution was best advised. He moved next to her by the fireplace, facing her, and placed a hand on her shoulder gently. A soft smile turned up the corners of his mouth.

"You're the Silver Swan. If ANYBODY can do it alone, it'd be you. But Sharon? You shouldn't HAVE to do it alone. Isn't that what friends are FOR?"

Sharon: I COULD use a friend right now.

She said, and turned to look at him. His gaze found hers.

Sharon: Forgive me...but your smile...your eyes...you remind me of my late husband, Robert.... ....Bobby.

His smile grew a bit, as they looked upon each other for a moment.

"Certainly he had reason to smile..... he must have known he was a lucky man, to be married such a lovely lady."
 
Rampage
Rampage
Oh, throw her down by the already.
Charope, LLC -- The Infirmary

Ashley: Gods damnit, Zach.....

She said, and he smiled, because her arousal was electrifying, and he knew it was a cry of pleasure. She went forward as he rocked her body, and he watched her hair cascade off her bare shoulders, revealing the norse tattoo on the back of her neck. He wore a wicked smile as grabbed her hips with both hands, gripping tightly, and letting her feel more of his aggression, more virility.

Ashley: Empath my ass…your cock is magick…

Her hand found his and he leaned forward, kissing that ink dragon as his free hand traveled up the front of her body again. He bit her shoulder, and then replied in her ear, in a tone that was husky and low.

"No magick... I just LOVE the way you feel."

Ashley: Make me loud, Zach… I want this whole damn building to know what you’re doing to me.

The way she acted, the things she said, it made him forget that he was supposed to be a gentleman. It made him forget everything, except her need, and his desire to satisfy it by driving harder and faster.

"Then they're going to hear you across the fucking STREET..... because I will ALWAYS give you what you want.... and MORE."

He growled in reply as he leaned back again, dragging his hand down the front of her body, his fingertips finding the groove that would indeed make her louder as he amplified her passion.
 
Karma
Karma
then they're going to hear you across the fucking street! LOL!
The Red Queen’s Chamber

Alek waited to see if Helena would agree to his proposition. She might laugh at him, but the fact of the matter was, he had earned it. She could not have asked for more from him – he had given her everything. Given up everything for her. Done whatever she asked without question. Always looking out for her best interests. He could not have felt more her son had she born him herself. And he counted on that relationship now.

Helena said:
"I'll tell you what."

He could tell she was about to make a counter offer, and one that would surely be to her advantage. Something else he was counting on.

Helena said:
I'll make you my Prince-my HEIR to the Red Throne. I will give you everything that title holds...power, prestige, wealth....you'll have it ALL. I'll write it up now."

He wait for the “but”.

Helena said:
"But it comes with a stipulation. You will only become prince when you YOURSELF kill Persephone with your own two hands. Any other means...any other person....any other WAY....the contract is NULL AND VOID. I want to see her FRESH blood dripping from your hands--her BODY BROKEN. If not? You will not only LOSE your opportunity at being the Red Prince, you will LOSE your title as Red Knight. And you will WATCH as I KILL HER myself. By my hand or yours, Berserker, the choice is yours. The TITLE is yours...you just need to TAKE IT."

“I understand.”

Helena said:
"I'll draw up the contract tomorrow and sign it. It will be notarized and filed by mid day."

“Thank you, my Queen. You won’t regret this.”

She opened the door for him, and he took his cue to leave. When the door slammed he let out the breath he was holding. He paused, feeling the weight of what had just happened, but only for a second, however, before he was marching purposefully down the hallway, his face cold and stone hard. He was the Red Knight. Berserker. He didn’t fall apart. There was a way out of this, he just had to find it. Persephone was alive for tonight, and that gave him time.

He returned to his quarters, finding Persephone watching tv and drinking the wine. He smiled nonchalantly as he entered.

“Who would have known cartoons could be so sexy.”

He gave her a good leer as his mind imagined tearing the blanket away and ravaging her on the couch. But not yet. He sat next to her and pulled her into a long kiss. He stroked her hair.

“Everything is fine. She wanted to remind me of my duty to her, that’s all.”

He smiled.

“You just need to be sure you tow the line with her, do what she asks, show her how valuable you are to her. Same as always.”

He let out a small laugh and kissed her again.

“Listen, I’m sorry, I do have to run out for a little while on an errand for Helena.”

He leaned down and started kissing her neck.

“But I will make it up to you by bringing you back dinner from anywhere you’d like. Anywhere in the city, you pick.”

He smiled at her and nodded in the direction of the small kitchen.

“I have a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1865 cooling in the wine fridge.”

He gave her one last kiss on the lips before getting up and with a convincing, devil-may-care smile, he left the suite again.

And the smile immediately left his face. He strode quickly and purposefully to his destination. He knocked on the door to alert her that he was coming but didn’t even pause before entering the White Princess’ Suite. She was there, and would see his original hard expression change to that of the lothario.

“I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I can’t stop thinking about you. About fucking you again.”

He slowly walked up to her, taking her hand in his, and planting a kiss on her neck.

“Somewhere where Ava won’t find out.”

Intentionally calling her Ava, not Persephone. He looked into her eyes.

“Say you will.”

And during this interlude, his thumb was tapping into her hand in Morse code:

The Carlyle. Penthouse. Dont be followed. 911.

He said a silent prayer of thanks for growing up on the coast and that year as a child when he wanted to be a sailor.

He stepped backwards, watching her, keeping his fingers entwined with hers until he couldn’t any longer. And then he turned and left the mansion.
 
Charope, LLC - The Infirmary

Zach kissed the back of her neck and it exhilarated her, the touch of his hands on her body making her want to cry out, and she did. His teeth bit playfully into her shoulder, driving her mad, and she reached back thrusting her fingers into his hair, pressing his mouth to her.

Zach said:
"No magick... I just LOVE the way you feel."

“Good…because you feel amazing inside me…”

She asked him to make her loud and the growled reply in her ear was so animalistic, so primal, that her body responded to it instantly, ramping up her seemingly insatiable lust, her need to have him again and again.

Zach said:
"Then they're going to hear you across the fucking STREET...because I will ALWAYS give you what you want...and MORE."

Gods, he’s hot. His voice alone could bring her, especially when his usual polite demeanor became something baser, when his need for her took over. He intensified his movements, and Ashley bit her lip, tasting blood, hardly able to stand it.

“I want the BEAST in you, Zach.”

His hand touched her breasts, her stomach, like electric shocks traveling down her body, until he slid his fingers between her thighs and stroked her sex. What started as a moan crescendoed into her calling his name over and over until finally she was screaming it as well as other random words, losing the ability to form coherent thought. She came like water breaking through a dam, the waves of pleasure bursting from her body. She came up on her knees, pressing her body back against him, her left arm hooking around his neck, her right hand sliding on top of his, guiding him as her body bucked and spasmed, the contractions rippling against him, squeezing him inside her.
 
Karma
Karma
makes me think of Madonna's "Justify my love- 'the beast within'" remix! :D LOL
The Hellfire Club -- White Princess's Suite

Helena's demands were only slightly surprising. This was the kind of thing Haleigh had been worried about when she'd found out Seph and Alek were getting romantic on each other. But Alek, in his arrogance, brushed off her concerns, and assured her that 'sex is just sex'.

She knew better than that, but she'd let him believe what he wanted. Then the next morning he'd gone BERSERK and now everything was FUBAR. At least Diana wasn't mad at her anymore. She had to keep that going, and now that she knew for certain that Helena was an ENEMY.... she had to get closer to the Red Queen too. She had NO IDEA how she could make that happen, but she'd be looking for any and every opportunity.

And what to do with Alek, now? As furious as she was with him for earlier, she almost felt bad for him now. He was in a very, VERY bad position. She stood from her sofa as she watched him stride down the hall of the White Wing. There was only one place he could be heading, and that was HERE. She could have grabbed her gun, but she didn't. He knocked and came right in.

Alek: I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I can’t stop thinking about you. About fucking you again.

His expression sold his statement. Hers was unreadable as he crossed the room. He kissed her neck, and she clenched her jaw. She hated that she felt anything other than rage, but her body had learned to respond to his touch, to the heat of his proximity, and the smell of his cologne. Her body wanted him again, even if she didn't.

Alek: Somewhere where Ava won’t find out.

They locked eyes. Her gaze smoldered, and the nature of their relationship thus far made it impossible to tell if there was arousal or aggression in her steely glare. What WAS he up to?

Alek: Say you will.

"I have a safe-house in Hell's Kitchen: The corner of 11th and 43rd. You leave first."

Out he went, and Haleigh stared in the direction of his departure for a long time. Then she disappeared, and when she rematerialized, she was standing in a dark corner of the parking garage at the Carlyle. She swiped a keycard from the rolling cart of a maid and took the elevator up to the penthouse floor.
 
Last edited:
The door opened and Persephone immediately turned half expecting Helena to be there. She had no qualms about killing the bitch if attacked. But it wasn't her, it was Alek with a casual smile on his face.

Alek: “Who would have known cartoons could be so sexy.”

"What happened?"

She was serious and didn't bother sugar coating it. Something happened and he was putting on a front. But he walked over to her and sat down, pulling her into a long deep kiss. Her body responded to his touch, but her mind remained focused on Helena.

Alek: “Everything is fine. She wanted to remind me of my duty to her, that’s all. You just need to be sure you tow the line with her, do what she asks, show her how valuable you are to her. Same as always.”

"Alek, don't do that. Don't shut me out."

Persephone knew it was more than that. She saw the look on Helena's face. She saw the way she was pissing on him like a male dog marking its territory. And she saw the way Helena looked at HER. This was anything but a reminder of that. But he wanted to protect her, she knew that....understood the need to want to do that. Because she wanted to do that for HIM as well, AND Haleigh. But she HATED when anyone tried to do it for her.

Alek: “Listen, I’m sorry, I do have to run out for a little while on an errand for Helena. But I will make it up to you by bringing you back dinner from anywhere you’d like. Anywhere in the city, you pick.”

He kissed down her neck, Persephone's eyes shutting not in pleasure but in frustration. But she reached for him, her hand gently gripping the nape of his neck as he pulled away.

Alek: “I have a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1865 cooling in the wine fridge.”

And he gave her one more kiss followed by a devilish smile. Persephone returned his smile with a faint, unconvincing one of her own. Then he left. Rolling her eyes, she let her head fall back onto the couch with a heavy sigh. She was pissed he wasn't telling her what happened. If she knew she could be PREPARED--KNOW when Helena was planning on striking. Knock the bitch down before she had a chance to. Her time was limited in the Hellfire Club, she knew that now without a shadow of a doubt.

Getting up, Persephone went over to the fridge and opened the bottle of Chateau Lafite, pouring herself an overtly large glass before sitting back down on the couch. Her eyes went to the cartoon.

Mystique: "You'll be fine."

Persephone turned her head quickly to see Mystique sitting next to her, legs crossed at the knee and eyes trained at the cartoon as well.

"This coming from Helena's personal spy? Very reassuring."

Mystique smiled, her eyes not wavering from the tv.

Mystique: "Helena is like a child. She's mad you took her toy away. You just need to occupy her with other toys."

Mystique finally looked at Persephone with a smirk.

Mystique: "Keep her mind focused off of you."

"Why are you telling me this."

Mystique: "I wouldn't want to disappoint Alek. He's looking forward to a show afterall, and that can't happen if you're dead."

Mystique grinned, her hand running down Persephone's thigh.

"So she does want me dead."

Mystique didn't answer, confirming Persephone's suspicions.

"When."

Mystique: "Soon. But not too soon. You have time."

Mystique's fingers trailed to the the inner portion of Persephone's thigh. She forcefully grabbed the Bishop's wrist, lifting it away slowly as her eyes locked with the red head. Mystique's smirk remained.

"You're treading in very dangerous waters, Mystique. On BOTH accounts."

Mystique: "I do love being wet."

Persephone slowly smiled, amused at how brash and confident she was. It was fucking hot. But she also knew Mystique to be very formidable despite not knowing much about the woman. Mystique could have been sent by Helena, or maybe she WAS trying to help. One could never know with her. So Persephone kept her game face up, yanking Mystique to her, their faces close and eyes locked. They remained at a stalemate for a few moments before Persephone finally let go of the Bishop's wrist.

"I'll be ready. Will you?"

Ready for what? Sex? Helena's attack? The implosion of the Red Court? She didn't specify. Mystique smiled mischievously, her finger sliding forward under Persephone's chin.

Mystique: "Always."

And with that, Mystique quite literally disappeared leaving Persephone alone once again in Alek's chambers. The cartoon in the background cancelling out the deafening silence as she sat quietly, contemplating everything that had just transpired.
 
Secret Garden- Old world library

Darren thought, as he rose from his chair. It wasn't that he was afraid she'd slap him, or even that he was afraid she'd HURT him, but rather, that he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. They'd only just met, and though he felt a connection to this beautiful woman, he knew caution was best advised. He moved next to her by the fireplace, facing her, and placed a hand on her shoulder gently. A soft smile turned up the corners of his mouth.

"You're the Silver Swan. If ANYBODY can do it alone, it'd be you. But Sharon? You shouldn't HAVE to do it alone. Isn't that what friends are FOR?"

[ His words of encouragement and comfort even echoed Bobby's from the night Rae had made it possible for them to reunite!]


I COULD use a friend right now.

[She said, and turned to look at him. His gaze found hers.]

Forgive me...but your smile...your eyes...you remind me of my late husband, Robert....Bobby.

His smile grew a bit, as they looked upon each other for a moment.

"Certainly he had reason to smile..... he must have known he was a lucky man, to be married such a lovely lady."

[ He was so close. He stood JUST a bit taller than her. She looked into his eyes, and he could see an ever so SLIGHT BLUSH occurr across her face!]

[ She could almost SENSE that he wanted to offer her comfort, and a hug. She hesitated a moment, remembering what happened when she gave into impulse that night with DOMINO. she closed her eyes for a moment]

This isn't the same...he's not bringing out the worst in me. He's seeing me for the WOMAN that I AM!

[ She opened them, and allowed herself to move forward. He was already right there. She shuddered as she expressed a mix of emotions- grief, dismay over everything they'd discussed, but also intrigue and appreciation of his kindness, his demeanor]

[ She found herself in his strong arms, and she returned his embrace]

he's so vital, and strong.

[ For once, her first thought WASN'T whether or not she'd CRUSH or BREAK the man.]

and he smells so nice

[ She closes her eyes. Athena MUST be smiling on her ]

[ She allowed herself to totally FEEL this moment, escape in his arms and his strength.]

Rose and Alycia would be there soon...but I...i don't want to let go! he doesn't see me as some kind of monster! he sees me as the WOMAN that I am, like Bobby did!
 
The Parthenon- The Winding Way- 2nd floor

<< The House of Spectra's east coast flagship was located in the Parthenon, on the top floor of the Winding Way. More than a mere boutique, this was the east coast wing of Sally's fashion house, VIP guests, and celebrities such as Dominique Deveraux got some of their finest designs and outfits from here.>>

<< Bishop was now inside of the Parthenon, It was the first time he'd been here...to do something like SHOPPING, and he truly had no idea what he was in for.>>

<<FLASH!>>

Orion said:
"Oh, Sally Spectra's Boutique at the Parthenon. If you head over there now, they could probably get you something custom by late afternoon. But if Sally's THERE, dude, you should know. She's a cougar on the prowl and she really, REALLY likes to check the 'fit' if you know what I mean."

He warned, and then they shared a smirk before the elevator doors closed.


<< Bishop made his way to the 2nd floor of the Winding Way. The stores and boutiques on this floor were very exclusive and rare, with availability often by appointment only, and the prices were as high as one might dare imagine, but for this level of style, quality and brand recognition, no price was too high.>>

<< Spectra was at the center of the Winding Way's 2nd floor. It was the largest of the stores, and had steady activity.>>

<< Beautiful people with money to spend, in and out, and other things happening. Bishop would eventually make his way inside, and see the glamor and beauty of the Spectra Boutique, all happening under the watchful eyes of the large, framed portrait of Sally Spectra >>

<< The attendants in the store all looked like supermodels from a magazine photo shoot, all dressed in stylish black outfits. And then there was FIREBIRD, who worked with Morgan under the Spectra Couture brand, and also assisted Sally Spectra herself in an executive capacity, as well as overseeing one two accessory lines, and the brand partnership between Spectra, her own nightclub, and Zenith group. She was dressed in one of her signature stylish, and sexy red/black business suits. With a tablet in one hand, and a stylus in another. She was going over this quarter's figures with the staff, and giving a presentation of upcoming important events in the hotel that would have Spectra in the spotlight, when they all turned to see Bishop standing there.>>

<< The other girls were a bit...dismayed by his presence, but Blaze couldn't help but smirk, as she cleared her throat. >>

Firebird: << thinking>> WELL now. Mr. "I Like meat and potatoes with my mutant hateraid" is HERE!? does he want to by a dress for that rude cranky bitch Delilah?

<< It was VERY amusing to her, BUT...despite her personal feelings, business was business, and Blaze not only looked different to him in this setting, she would present quite differently as well.>>

Firebird: Well good afternoon, Maxim. Welcome to Spectra!

<< She approached, and offered a smile, she also waved to the girls, who all scattered with relief>>

Firebird:
Follow me into the reception area, and please help yourself.

<< a large, circular area, where there was comfortable seating, as well as gourmet refreshments and designer drinks and other comforts.>>

Firebird: What can I do for you?

<< she asked as she checked the schedule. He didn't have an APPOINTMENT, so she quickly tapped out a message on her tablet, and sent it off, to someone, letting them know just WHO was here ;) >>
 
The Sanctuary -- Library

She didn't recoil at his touch, or push him away. In fact, as she met his eyes, he was sure she blushed at his compliment, and he found it quite endearing. She closed her eyes and paused, and he looked down at her as she turned more towards him. She seemed to be considering the same thing he was, a warm hug. When she stepped forward, he caught her immediately, and wrapped her up in his arms.

It was like she fit there perfectly, and he felt like he was helping her in some way that she needed. For him, this hug was rewarding in another way, as well, it broke through the glacial wall of loneliness, and stoked the embers of fire that had not burned for a very long time.

Her hair felt like silk under his fingers. He wanted to hold on to her as long as possible. He tucked her hair behind her ear, and his finger traced the under her jawline. What happened next was pure instinct. He lifted her chin and brought his mouth to hers, closing his eyes as their lips met.

He seemed to realize what he was doing right away, and pulled back instantly, clearing his throat and letting her go. Even if she slapped him, it might have still been worth it. He wanted to kiss her again. He looked at her with a little chagrin.

"Wow, I got carried away there. I don't know WHAT came over me."

He said, and his warm smile returned. He knew exactly what came over him. He already took a chance, might as well follow through.

"Can I take you to dinner?"
 
Rampage
Rampage
Why are you not tapping that yet?
The Sanctuary- Library

Her hair felt like silk under his fingers. He wanted to hold on to her as long as possible. He tucked her hair behind her ear, and his finger traced the under her jawline. What happened next was pure instinct. He lifted her chin and brought his mouth to hers, closing his eyes as their lips met.

[ She jolted, ever so slightly, but she didn't resist or abruptly stop. There was no "WAIT A MINUTE!" moment here! ;) ]

[ That first kiss, ever so gentle and sweet, felt so right in this moment, and she returned it]

He seemed to realize what he was doing right away, and pulled back instantly, clearing his throat and letting her go. Even if she slapped him, it might have still been worth it. He wanted to kiss her again. He looked at her with a little chagrin.

"Wow, I got carried away there. I don't know WHAT came over me."

[ Sharon, in a RARE moment for her in her current form, looked a bit embarrassed, She looked away. ]

I don't know what came over ME.

Yes I do.

[Once again, she blushed a bit]

You're here to see Rose...

He said, and his warm smile returned. He knew exactly what came over him. He already took a chance, might as well follow through.

"Can I take you to dinner?"

[Without hesitation, she looked him in the eye and replied]

Yes.

[ She smiled at him]

[ But she needed to stay in the city, able to get back to the Sanctuary in reasonable time just in case]

Ambrosia, at the Parthenon, this evening?
 
Persephone
Persephone
Yes Sharon! Get it! :P
The Carlyle Hotel – Penthouse

She was already there when he arrived, but he had expected that. It was harder for him to travel unnoticed than her, but then again he had fewer eyes on him than she did. Still he had to make sure no one saw where he was really going, and luckily for him, he was very good at that.

He didn’t speak as he went to the wet bar and poured himself three fingers of a good scotch, downed it, then refilled his glass. Persephone’s words kept running through his mind.

Alek, don't do that. Don't shut me out.

But he couldn’t tell her. She would just shut down again, panic, and then he couldn’t protect her at all. He had overestimated what Helena was willing to grant him, which is why he was here now. But she still was better off with him, Helena believing he was just biding his time until he crushed her throat. And he couldn’t do that to her, have her fear that every second of every day would be her last.

He closed his eyes, gripping the edges of the bar, the first sign of weakness he had shown since Helena’s arrival at his room. Now it was time to start moving the chess pieces to save his rook’s life.

His eyes opened. He poured a second glass of scotch and turned, holding it out to Haleigh.

“Can you hide your thoughts from Malice?”

After a pause he said it again, more aggressively.

“Can you? Because I can’t.”

Once she confirmed, he sank down into an armchair.

“I assume you heard everything that was said. Helena will kill Ava as soon as the Six are taken care of.”

He levelled a steady eye at her.

“I was wrong. We need to get her out.”

He looked away.

“I bought us some time. But it won’t be much. In the meantime, you need to increase your capital with Malice, get her to protect Ava from Helena.”

He had one more card to play with Helena, but it would not come until the end. He turned his head back to Haleigh.

“We have to save her.”
 
Spectra

Maxim was pretty sure he was in over his head here. There was so much going on and so many frickin’ people, all rushing around. All he wanted to buy was a suit. And he wasn’t sure he would get out of here alive – he was pretty sure he’d rather be naked, covered with honey, and tied to an anthill while drug gang soldiers shot AKs at him than be here.

He looked around the store, where everything was so fancy. He was like usual in a simple tee shirt and jeans.

He was about to turn and leave when a voice addressed him.

Blaze said:
Well good afternoon, Maxim. Welcome to Spectra!

He recognized her.

“Blaze, right? Morgan’s sister.”

Blaze said:
Follow me into the reception area, and please help yourself.

He tried to wave her off.

“Uh, I don’t think I really need..that…I’m just looking for something.”

This was definitely not his comfort zone.

Blaze said:
What can I do for you?

“Um, Zach told me I could get a nice suit here. I need it, for tonight.”

He pulled at his collar.

“Money’s no object.”
 
Gabe heard someone leave out the front, prompting him to make his way back into the main living room where Zizi was. Slipping his phone back into his jeans pocket, he nodded his head toward the door.

"Nice dude."

He said of Nicolas.

"Everything okay? No other catastrophe's yet?"

He joked with a smile...although he was starting to learn maybe that wasn't so far fetched with this group. Taking a seat in the computer chair, Gabe sat back.

"I called my men. They'll be at Rose's right around the time we go to dinner. It'll give me a chance to go over everything with them."

Shrugging.

"Escape with my life."

He grinned, a play on the strange behavior he witness from Rose earlier.

"I should uh...probably go change? Clean up? I mean, what do I wear to Norma Bates' house?"

He couldn't help but laugh seeing Zizi's expression. Oh he had jokes, and he was going to keep ribbing Zizi until he got his three pints she owed him.
 
Firebird
Firebird
LOL @ Norma Bates! :p
The Clocktower

Nicolas tried to convince her that his gift had no strings attached, but that was a difficult hurdle to overcome in Zizi’s mind. Still, she smiled up at him, knowing he did care.

“All I can promise is that I’ll think about it. And honey, you are always welcome for Call of Duty.”

Nicolas excused himself, and when he was gone Gabe returned.

Gabe said:
"Nice dude."

“Yes, he is.”

There was a hint of sadness still in her voice.

Gabe said:
"Everything okay? No other catastrophe's yet?"

She smiled, humor in her eyes.

“No, nothing like that. He wants to give me a satellite.”

She looked over at him.

“I don’t want him to think I owe him something, you know? I want to stand on my own two feet. Figuratively.”

Her eyes looked into his.

“What would you do?”

Gabe said:
"I called my men. They'll be at Rose's right around the time we go to dinner. It'll give me a chance to go over everything with them. Escape with my life."

“Oh, pfft.”

She hit him on the arm.

“Don’t be such a baby.”

Gabe said:
"I should uh...probably go change? Clean up? I mean, what do I wear to Norma Bates' house?"

“Anything you wear will be fine, I’m sure. I want to shower and change myself though. Pick me up at 7:30? We can head over there together.”
 
Zizi: “No, nothing like that. He wants to give me a satellite.”

"Oh is that all?"

He quipped with a laugh.

Zizi: “I don’t want him to think I owe him something, you know? I want to stand on my own two feet. Figuratively.”

"How about he gives me the satellite? And you know....you can borrow it."

Gave grinned, trying to lighten the mood. He could tell she was struggling with the idea of someone giving her free hand outs. She had always been the type of person who wanted to earn everything she had by working hard. But sometimes a kind gesture was just that, a kind gesture.

"I'm pretty sure he knows you can steamroll over anyone who gets in your way, Liz. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows that. Maybe just think about it? A satellite could change the game here."

He stated rationally, not wanting to make it seem like he was on one side or the other.

"Food for thought."

He finished simply before returning to the subject of Rose.

Zizi: "Oh, pfft. Don't be such a baby."

"BABY? Hey! Don't come crying to me when she goes Carrie on everyone's ass. I'm pretty intuitive, Lizzie....this lady is gonna snap."

But Zizi didn't seem worried which was the reason why Gabe was accompanying her. Backup and bragging rights when the shit hit the fan. He was competitive....so sue him.

Zizi: “Anything you wear will be fine, I’m sure. I want to shower and change myself though. Pick me up at 7:30? We can head over there together.”

Clearing his throat at the thought of her showering. He needed to stop. His dick was seriously getting in the way of his friendship.

He nodded.

"Yeah, sure."

Standing, Gabe packed up his laptop and slung his bag over his shoulder.

"See you at 7:15....i'm gonna need that pint you owe me beforehand."

He teased as he bent down, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Heading down the hall, Gabe exited the Clocktower.
 
The Carlyle -- Penthouse Suite

She heard him coming down the hall, clomping around like he weighed half a ton. She opened the door and he stomped in, straight for the bar, where he started on the scotch without words. She shut the door again, and moved in to lean against the baby grand piano.

"This is a nice place to keep your secrets, Bearclaw."

She said, but he didn't respond. He didn't even seem to hear her. He was gripping the edge of the bar so hard, his knuckles lost their color. She watched him try to hold on to something so that he didn't have to admit he was losing his grip on it all.

Alek: Can you hide your thoughts from Malice?

She didn't respond right away, she just held him in her steely gaze, took the glass of scotch from his hand, and drank.

Alek: Can you? Because I can’t.

She licked the scotch from her lips, which he took as some kind of response, and then he sank into a chair and looked at her like they were in this together. Were they?

Alek: I assume you heard everything that was said. Helena will kill Ava as soon as the Six are taken care of.

Helena will kill Ava? Because you won't? Good to know. But it won't happen until the Six are taken care of. Which means it won't happen.

She thought, but still, she said nothing as she watched him squirm.

Alek: I was wrong. We need to get her out.

He broke their eye contact. There was a part of her that liked seeing him sweat like this. It was the part that was bitter with homicidal rage. Her sister may have talked her down before, and certainly killing the cleaner had taken the edge off, but seeing him sitting there, scheming with her like a partner in crime... it was too soon.

If she killed him now, how bad would the consequences really be? She could spin this her way. He was the one who'd lost control of himself, and killed the ADA's son. He was the one who'd asked her to come here, and he was the one betraying his Queen.

Alek: I bought us some time. But it won’t be much. In the meantime, you need to increase your capital with Malice, get her to protect Ava from Helena. We have to save her.

Everything he said made her want to beat him to a bloody pulp. She went to the wet bar and filled the lowball with scotch just to make herself think about it, as opposed to acting on the impulse that was screaming for her to redecorate this penthouse with pieces of him.

"So you DIDN'T bring me here to fuck me? Or did you?"

She asked seductively, and turned back around to smirk at him, bringing the scotch to her lips. She was beginning to really LIKE this game.
 
Last edited:
Persephone
Persephone
Oh SHIT.
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Why she mad? lol
The Clocktower

Gabe said:
"How about he gives me the satellite? And you know...you can borrow it."

She picked up the flash drive and tossed it to him.

“Here, it’s yours.”

Gabe said:
"I'm pretty sure he knows you can steamroll over anyone who gets in your way, Liz. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows that. Maybe just think about it? A satellite could change the game here."

She nodded, her lips pursued in thought, visibly struggling.

Gabe said:
"BABY? Hey! Don't come crying to me when she goes Carrie on everyone's ass. I'm pretty intuitive, Lizzie....this lady is gonna snap."

She patted his hand. Her voice was mocking, as she said:

“Well don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

She suggested he swing by before going to Rose’s so they could head over together, and he agreed as he packed his stuff.

Gabe said:
"See you at 7:15....i'm gonna need that pint you owe me beforehand."

She smiled.

“You got it.”

He leaned down and kissed her cheek before heading to the door. Instinctively, her hand went to the spot his lips had touched her.

Once he was safely out the door she let out a triumphant yell of glee. He had kissed her. Twice. And it had been amazing. It was all she could think of, all she could remember from the day. The way it had felt. She sighed.

And then she began to panic. She had to figure out what she was going to wear to dinner. She wished Ashley were there to help, but she would have to make do. There was no way she was going to call her away from Zach, which would be like Ash calling her away from Gabe. Well, not exactly, since Ashley and Zach were definitely more than friends. But still, she wasn’t going to make her leave just to help her pick out a dress to wear.

And this was definitely going to be a dress occasion.

She smiled to herself and began to hum a tune as she wheeled herself towards her bedroom.
 
The Carlyle Hotel - Penthouse

Haleigh was silent. Silent for too long. He wanted to scream at her. Didn’t she realize how fucking bad things were?

She got up and filled her glass, before acting like she didn’t know what was going on here.

Haleigh said:
"So you DIDN'T bring me here to fuck me? Or did you?"

That put his hackles up.

“You damn well know I FUCKING didn’t bring you here to fuck you!”

He threw back the rest of his scotch, scowling at her.

“If you want to punish me, fine. You don’t have to work with me. Just get her the hell out of here.”

And I’ll take the punishment.

He put two fingers to the bridge of his nose, massaging the area between his temples.

“I got Valkyrie out alive, I can do it again.”

But he knew that this time, he wouldn’t be able to save himself too.
 
The Carlyle -- Penthouse Suite

Alek: You damn well know I FUCKING didn’t bring you here to fuck you!

Oooh, somebody's BEARY angry.

She thought, smirking at his scowl. She wanted to make him angrier. She wanted to see the beast again, so she could slay it.

Alek: If you want to punish me, fine. You don’t have to work with me. Just get her the hell out of here.

She couldn't do that, and she knew it. She drained her glass, set it back on the bar top, and grabbed the decanter.

Alek: I got Valkyrie out alive, I can do it again.

Wow, he really IS delusional, isn't he?

She brought the scotch with her, walking behind his chair, dragging her fingers along his broad shoulders, across the back of his neck. Around the front of the chair she came, and then she straddled his lap. She could slice his throat before her weight even settled on his thighs.

"OR.... you could become the Red Prince."

She took a long draw from the decanter, and set it in between them, her gaze on him steadily.

"Stop acting like such a pussy, Berserker. It's really quite a turnoff."

Helena had scared him, Haleigh could see that. He'd dragged her out here because he felt it spiraling out of control, and he was afraid of losing the woman he loved. She found she wanted to let him live, because to kill him now would release him from the hell he was in, the hell he'd made for himself, and dragged her and her sister down into.

"We're not GOING to get her out, and if you don't stop thinking about trying, you're going to get us all killed."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top