Rose of Destruction II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Infirmary

Rich said:
I cannot have what I want, but maybe you guys can be the next best thing.

John looked at him sadly.

“Maybe we can be a placeholder, until the day you CAN have what you want.”

Rich said:
I was dead for days...maybe weeks. I came back and my Mama, I cannot risk her, cannot break her again just to make myself happier. And after the Hellfire Club? No thanks. I see what they do to loved ones when you leave. So I am here, and Miss D it's my family. And now...I guess I want...NORMAL. A girlfriend rather than some piece of ass who gets off on my being a super. People who can eat at a table and ask how my day was and tell inside jokes.

John held out his hand to Rich again.

“If I can help you, with your mama, or anything at all, just ask me, okay?”

Rich said:
Order whatever you want. I promise you I will eat it.

“I’d rather get something YOU would like, but maybe next time.”

He smiled and pulled out his phone, calling around to a couple of places that he knew had good take away. They had to fix this team, not just for their sakes, but for guys like Rich, who really just needed to be around people who cared about him.
 
Charope Headquarters - Guest Suite

Valkyrie said:
"But I dont suspect it will be me that does the hurting this time."

Ashley buried her smile into the pillow.

"Viv...he is amazing."

She turned her head to look at her.

"It's killing me that he's not here right now. I never thought I'd ever say that."

:: Now this was certainly surprising. Vivica could tell that Ashley was interested in Zach. Her saving the flowers earlier in The Clocktower were indicative enough to conclude THAT, but to see her so up in arms over Zach. So desperately needing him. It was a bit unsettling, but it made sense to Vivica. Ashley was kind of a woman that lived on the edge. She craved extremes. Recall just hadn't seen the opposite side of this spectrum. She'd only seen bitchy comments and abject violence. To see her so in lust with somebody, it made Vivica happy, but it also made her nervous. Vivica wasn't necessarily an optimist, but she did have a lot of hope and she did genuinely want the people around her to be happy. It was refreshing to see Ashley feeling something other than anger or apathy for those around her, but it also made Vivica immediately protective for BOTH of them. ::

:: Zach had just gotten out of a relationship with Haleigh, one where he sacrificed a good chunk of his happiness in order to try and make her happy. He stayed for years in a relationship knowing the woman he that HE loved...loved somebody else. He was an empath, but when it came to relationships, he didn't have a clear head. He just let himself be guided by his power, which made him a little bit more naive than Vivica thought even HE knew. And Ashley. Well this was the first time she had expressed interest in somebody to this level since Vivica had met the woman, and it appeared she was all IN. These kind of emotions ran HOT and Vivica was worried that two people like them, might hurt each other a lot. ::

:: Outside of that, looking at the relationship from a team standpoint, she really just wanted to throw her hands up in the air and surrender. She was so close to getting Isis and the others to turn around, to reach some kind of agreement with Ashley. They were only now softening on Zach in the aftermath of Persephone's attack. They were so ANGRY about his "relations" with Ashley and for them to know that this was now... a "thing", well it just created more problems than solutions. ::

:: But what could Vivica do but at least try? ::

Valkyrie said:
She waved a dismissive hand in the air and made a scoffing noise.

“Give me one good reason I should. We were doing just fine without THEM. Better even. I mean, they can’t even treat ZACH right.”

She shook her head.

“Assholes.”

"Well..maybe because Zach would want you to..and Zizi...and maybe me."

[she put her hand up]

"Before I get a smack, I ain't saying you're wrong in all of this Ash..not by any means. In fact, I just spent a great deal of time explaining why I think it's important that we still all try and make an honest go of this whole working together bit."

:: thinking ::

"Dominique saved Zach's life..in a way that...neither of us could. That's real POWER. Power that could really help all of us. It's good for us to have her on our side. What if something bad happens like this again and she's turned her back on us. We could lose somebody really important..and that would suck. I don't want to lose one of you."

"I realize...the amazons are a different story altogether. I don't even know where to begin about that one. But I think maybe you owe it to yourself to have a conversation that doesn't involve fists.."

:: treading lightly. ::

"If I could maybe make that happen with Zizi's help..would that be something you would even entertain?"
 
Delilah put a hand on Nic’s arm.

“You’ve never failed me, Nic. Not when it mattered.”

She gave him a sad smile.

“We need to do the same for Haleigh and Ava. If we give them an out they’ll take it, I know they will.”

She sighed.

"I just wish I knew what exactly Morgan was planning."

Nicolas smiled back. He wished that he could be as kind to himself on the issue of Alexia as Delilah was being now. But the next issue was easier.

Knowing Morgan's plan is not required to make a plan of our own. I know Cassandra wants to help them, and if your read is that they will take a rescue, then we plan a rescue and let Morgan know. If she is cooking something up better, very well. If not, then we go about on our own. I still feel like there is something that Haleigh needs to happen before she will let this go. Do we have all the intel out there?

Nicolas began to pace again.

What am I missing? What is the key here? Something is out here that will change that dynamic.
 
Charope LLC, Infirmary- Dominique's suite

"Dominique... Ashley has been a large part of my renewed vitality-- in an emotional way."

:: Dominique blinked a few times as she stared at him, and smirked a bit.::

Is that a fact?

:: She said with an incredulous tone, and she shifted her jaw a bit, as she suppressed the urge to release a haughty laugh. That hateful, unkind, disrespectful wench....helping ANYONE to renewal?!::

"Emotional renewal!?"

Zach...I went to GREAT LENGTHS to save your life, and by your own admission, you don't even know or understand the scope of that effort, and what it took, but SHE is the source of your...."EMOTIONAL RENEWAL!?"

This woman, who DELIGHTS in antagonizing other people, demeaning and disrespecting them at every turn....THIS is who you turned to for...RENEWAL!?

:: Dominique's voice raised with agitation::

How can ANYONE be renewed when dealing with that unkind, disrespectful, boorish woman!?

:: she threw her hands up in the air, exhaling with distress, as she shook her head. She looks away from him, and took a few moments to calm herself. He starts to speak, and she holds up her hand for silence::

You know what? Don't bother to explain. You probably can't understand why I'm having the reaction I'm having, and one pattern of this team is quite clear. Anything that's too complex, or requires a closer look...is dismissed.

:: she says with a bitter tone as she folds her arms::

As I told Delilah...I can heal the sick and injured, I can bring vitality to the old, and strength to the infirmed, I can even save a person from death.

But not even the bright lady herself would attempt to fix a mind and a heart....they want what they want, no matter how inexplicable the desire may be. That is tied to free will. Some people chose things that are TOXIC for them.

:: she closes her eyes, shaking her head, and then she moves on, calming , and once again looking him in the eye::

I didn't call you in here to get upset with you, or to condemn you for the choices you make.

I called you in here because I wanted to SEE you.

:: She softened her gaze once more::

I want you to know that I exerted the effort that I did to save you, because I CARE about you, and despite what Oldenburg, or anyone ELSE says...I DO have a heart. I AM sensitive to the plight of the weak, those in distress, those in need. What do you think was such a driving factor for me during the purifiers caper!?

I haven't forgotten what you did for me during the Purifiers caper. You helped me in a way no one else could, when I was most in need.

But I made SURE to take that help, build on it and more FORWARD, making the most of the reprieve you granted me from that empathic assault I was under.

I...just don't want to see you waste this precious second chance that you've been given.

Vivica was right about you being a good man. But even a good man with a kind heart can be....MISDIRECTED at times.

I sincerely hope that you've learned something from this near death experience, and that don't waste all of your time with HER, not when there are so many unfinished things that you...that WE need to address.

If you haven't already, I hope that you're going to REPAIR your relationships with Sharon and Alycia. I've had the opportunity to learn about their seperate histories with you from both of them, how your lives overlapped, and how much you came to mean to them. YOU'RE the reason why they even agreed to give The Birds of Prey a try, despite their concerns about Oldenburg, and they both feel that you've left them out in the deepest of waters, with no real support where she's concerned.

They went to your aid immediately, they are the ones who made it possible for me to save your life. How do you think they're going to feel if they find out you're with her now, letting her belittle them and their efforts on your behalf without you holding her accountable?

As I told Vivica, it really doesn't matter that Sharon, Alycia, and myself are thinking of leaving this team, because if you, and the rest of them continue to tolerate Oldenburg's behavior as it is now? There won't BE a team.

In your zeal to drink from the well of "emotion" that you've discovered in Oldenburg, don't forget, OR ABANDON the house of fellowship that you built with Sharon and Alycia , each of them has been fortified over many years, with experiences you've all shared, bonds of trust that were formed, that can't be ignored in favor of the new, or the carnal nature.

In talking with Vivica....I realized that perhaps some of the challenges that people in this group, you included, face regarding me, is that you simply don't know much about me.

There IS a distinct advantage to being almost IMPOSSIBLE to find on any database around the globe, but that doesn't make for ease or even comfort when dealing with people in a....group dynamic.

It wasn't a necessity for me to "share" things with Malice and Enchantrah, and that was suitable for me. Frankly, it's suitable for ME now...but I have others...including Richard to consider.

And while my talk with Vivica has made my decision to leave the Birds of Prey...less certain. I still have concerns. I have ISSUES, Zach.

"I see. Well, we DO seem to be going through some growing pains, don't we? Dominique, I don't want you to feel as if you aren't a valued member of the team. Even BEFORE you saved my life, you contributed a great deal to our success against the Purifiers. Perhaps you'd like to discuss your issues? I'll help resolve them, if I can."

:: she looked at him for a moment, before she shifted in her bed, relaxing more, and sighing::

There's this perception that I am aloof, unreacheable. That is not accurate.

Vivica spoke of "self imposed isolation..." but there's more to it than that.

:: She said with a less cold tone.::

The road that I walk requires discipline, VIGILANCE.

I have a COVENANT with my goddess, to safeguard life of Nicolas...so that his father father cannot return to this world.

Set is the egyptian god of the desert, storms, disorder and violence. He is ALSO Nicolas' FATHER.

The original Isis- was his sister. She was also the goddess of rebirth, medicine, life, and magick. By way of our covenant, I am her avatar, and her power, her attributes, her mantel are MINE.

If Nicolas' blood is spilled and he dies...the door way for Set will be irrevocably OPENED, and he will be reborn in renewed physical form through his SON'S BODY, adding Nicolas' powers to his own infamous abilities.

If I let that happen...or if something happens TO ME...and I'm UNABLE to honor my covenant and protect Nicolas, this world...and everything in it...would be in DANGER on a level not unlike CIRCE.

Set will DESTROY everything in his path!

The LAST time he POSSESSED Nicolas, and returned to this world, it took the COMBINED efforts of the Six and Hellfire's sisterhood to CHECK him long enough for me to BANISH him.

Set's return is NOT something that you, Zizi or ANYONE ELSE on this team is prepared for, and I don't ever want it to come to that. I MUST NOT let it come to that, not only for your sakes, but the sake of all that is.

:: She hoped Zach understood the gravity of this and that it answered some questions about her standoff nature::

Nicolas was the product of Set raping my sister, after he attacked my village.

I tried to stop him...he hurt me...left me barely alive while he ravaged my sister and left her pregnant.

I...begged my sister to end that unholy pregnancy. She refused. She believed that Nicolas could be born in love, and raised in a manner completely OPPOSITE of all that his father stood for. Her faith, in my mind, was foolish, and unjustified.

She DIED giving birth to him, and when I tried to kill him THEN....the leaders of my village stopped me, deeming me insane.

I left them...and what little bit of a "life" I had left there, and wandered the harsh desert, waiting...HOPING to DIE. My sister was gone. A MONSTER had been born to this world...and I had failed, as a sister, a midwife, a woman...I had nothing left.

Isis came to me after hearing my cries. That moment ultimately lead to the woman you see before you now.

But along the way, I LOST my way, as I carved a bloody path of vengeance from one side of the world to this one, to find and DESTROY Nicolas, and avenge my sister. I destroyed his adoptive father's business partner, and slaughtered more than half of his board of his investors, along with others that either stood in my way or held information that helped me to close in on him.

In my desire for vengeance, I strayed from my covenant with my goddess...but she did not forsake me. She helped me reorient...and I....I'm GLAD that I did not destroy him after all. Nicolas and I are in a MUCH better place now, but there are times, that I need to put distance between even HIM and myself, because of the PAIN that still lingers in my heart. He doesn't remember his mother, he never knew her. But I remember sister. I sill dream of her...and sometimes...I relive that night that Set came...and destroyed our lives.

:: she paused for a moment, leaving them in silence as she looked ahead...::

:: But in a few moments, she resumed

Nicolas and I are in a MUCH better place.

But watching over him, protecting him, keeping Set's unholy presence and influence at bay....it's a duty that is constant.

I am Nicolas' ONLY living blood relative, and this struggle is not just physical, it is waged on the astral plane as well. I spend more time, than any of you could know, providing a BUFFER for Nicolas, as Set tries to PRESS HIS WAY through the barriers that I have established in Nicolas' mind with my magicks.

::sighing::

To say that it is CHALLENGING at times...is putting it MILDLY.

With that said, there are other things...that people on this..."TEAM" fret over that just seem so....FRIVOLOUS by comparison. If anything, they take the FREEDOM and LACK OF BURDEN they have for granted, and it INFLAMES my contempt for them. Some of them waste time, worrying about things that JUST DON'T MATTER, and they dismiss that which they don't know. It's INFURIATING!

:: yet another moment of insight provided by Dominique, to explain why she seems so easily ANGERED.::

Since my departure from the Hellfire club, it HAS gotten a bit easier. Nicolas HAS matured, and taken more of the burden, but he too gets...DISTRACTED sometimes, by the petty FOOLISHNESS of his team. They've wasted SO MUCH TIME since the Blue Moon.

I knew there was a reason I PASSED on the offer to be a "Six reservist" but this team hardly seems any better!

:: she continued on to her next source of displeasure::

My next issue?? Ashley Oldenburg. The woman is obtuse, and her behavior is completely unaccepctable. So too, is the expectation that Sharon, Alycia, and myself, should just OVERLOOK her constant belligerence and disrespect.

How can you, or ANYONE ELSE expect there to be a team that functions with ethics, and EQUITY FOR ALL INVOLVED, when HER behavior is excused, and in some cases- by some of you- even ROMANTICIZED or made to seem....CUTE?

:: She became agitated again::

It's UNACCEPTABLE!

And before you tell me that she "has your back in battle," I'll tell you the same thing I told Vivica- SO WHAT? Even Malice and Enchantrah knew how to be TEAM PLAYERS, which is why the THREE of us were able to DEFEAT the Six at Minerva's Aerie in battle.

Our lives, our interaction...our ability to deal with one another does not being and END in battles or emergencies, and this idea that her ABUSIVE behavior should be overlooked because of what she does in battle is ABSURD.

This notion that because of her norse pedigree, she is somehow special...or ELEVATED above myself and the amazons? or that her experiences give her a pass for behaving like a surly, insufferable COW doesn't hold water, Zach.

She's not the only one with a backstory that left her with PAIN.

And There are OTHER pantheons, OTHER gods and goddesses, and the irony is that HER dieties- including the Sky Father himself, reached across pantheons to work with mine, AND the amazons' dieities to save humanity on more than one occassion. He was NOT given over to the gross ARROGANCE that she operates with.

:: She wonderd if he was not only hearing, but LISTENING. Would he be as interested to LEARN about her?::

Even during my time with the Sisterhood, I did not DELIGHT in the suffering of others, the way Ashley seems to delight in the suffering of people now.

Malice came to me during the HEIGHT of my campaign of revenge on Nicolas, and she offered me the position of the Black Queen. I used her, just as much as she used me...but my very nature made her origin, and ties to Mystech and all that she did in their name, ABHORRENT.

I do NOT want my ward, Richard, being exposed to a group dynamic where behavior such as ASHLEY'S is tolerated, and excused, while any attempt to challenge it or hold her accountable is silenced. I worked VERY hard to help him see CLEARLY while we were at the Hellfire Mansion, and I'm going to continue to do that, but if something isn't done to change this dysfunctional dynamic, then I suspect that it will be better...HEALTHIER for him to do it ELSEWHERE, even if he DOES express a desire to remain here.

If this "team" is to be taken seriously, then it's time that EVERYONE be treated with respect, on AND off the battle field. It's time that the FOOLISHNESS is addressed and STOPPED.

When Oracle and yourself recruited new members, surely you had to know that new sensibilities would come into play, and whatever culture you had before may not be APPROPRIATE for the changing make up of the group.

I....

:: She paused for a moment. She still couldn't believe that she had ALLOWED herself to be...ROPED IN to at least "giving this group a try" by Vivica. She wondered if she'd had a moment of weakness when she allowed herself to be TOUCHED by Oracle's and Matrix's words::

....implied to Vivica that I might willing to stay...to give things a TRY...but I will NOT present for "more of the same," Zach, and I feel quite certain and comfortable in speaking for the Amazons when I say they will not either.

This needs to be handled TOGETHER, in order for maxium impact and change to be achieved.

:: She kept her gaze on Zach::

I'm under no impression that Ashley will be joining me for tea, or going shopping with the amazons. But a TEAM needs to not only be able to fight together, they need to have RESPECT, which breeds TRUST, and ultimately makes for an equitable dynamic.
 
From the Parthenon to the Astral Plane

:: Almost as if on cue he saw a pair of cobalt blue eyes staring right back at him, a few feet away. Cracking his neck back and forth, he sat up in the couch, positioning himself in a more formal setting. He smiled. In all of this..he really did miss his sister. ::

"I'm assuming you got my gift, Alley Cat? Why just the eyes? Why can't you just be here already. I need you, ya know."

:: Harbinger's floating colbalt blue eyes glowed, then FLASHED, as a mystical chime sounded off, and Cameron's astral form met his sister's in their own little corner of the Astral Plane.::

Is this better, baby brother?

Your physical body is intoxicated, you'll be better able to communicate and FEEL HERE...in our personal space beyond the physical.

:: She stood there, in her colbalt blue aura/form, looking at him, she reached out and running her cool hand down his cheek, and letting it rest under his chin for a moment::

And yes, I received your "delivery."

:: she looked at him with concern and sympathy::

That was no gift, Cameron. That was a harsh, EXTREME sacrifice that you made. One that I didn't want for you.

I KNOW why you did it, and for what's coming....I can't DISMISS this extreme measure you've taken.

But I DO wish you had considered the consequences to YOURSELF long term. Who you already are was what made you qualified to do what you needed to do to protect yourself and your Six family. You would've had the support you needed to succeed.

Beyond that, there are other risks that you did not factor in...

:: Like Talisman...but now was not the time to discuss that.::

You've not only lost Haleigh in this time, but you've hurt and lost Alycia, you've lost Sharon, you've even lost Vivica!

Cameron...name of a name...WHY did you hurt Alycia like that?

You should have LISTENED to Delilah a while ago, and been honest with yourself, AND her. She would have been better off for it, and you'd still have your friendship...the SIX would still have a valuable ally.

You'll be pleased to know that she SURVIVED Persephone's attack on her.

Isis was able to save her in time.

Delilah watched over her and the others at her Infirmary through the night. SHE [Delilah] will be returning home soon, and she'll need time to REST. She's faced some difficulties herself over the past 24 hours.

Alycia is recovered, and already addressing an important task at hand...but it will be a LONG time before she allows herself to lay eyes on you, and even LONGER THAN THAT before she regards you as something MORE than "creature beneath contempt."

::sighing::

That will be problematic not only for you, but the Six as well.

But before we can worry about that, we must get through what we're facing right now.

:: taking his hands into her's::

Haleigh's actions have set in motion, a sequence of events that will have DIRE consequences for the powerful psi named Rose.

The Birds of Prey are racing against a clock that will RUN OUT on them, but THEY must be the ones to see this through.

:: Alison herself already knew what would be needed, but that wasn't Cameron's concern. However...::

The Birds of Prey have sustained damage and casualties resulting from the actions of Black Widow and Persephone. They helped us during the Purifiers caper, there is an OBLIGATION for the Six to step in and address the problem of the renegade members, and that's why Blaze called everyone together.

I can't come to you physically now, because I have my role to play in all of this.

:: She looked upon Cameron.::

Morgan has been here, she's shared with me her plan, and I will be assisting her. I've let her know the tactical risks...including how probable it is that one or BOTH of us might not survive, but these are risks that she and I are willing to take.

I hope that you, Delilah and the others understand that the reason she did NOT tell you everything she had in mind, is because the risk of detection by Malice OR one of her "feelers" is too great, but before she goes into any action, she WILL gather you all together.

Be watchful, keep an open ear, and be ready.

We AREN'T going to play this on Malice's time table, NOR are we going to give Haleigh or Persephone time to "prepare."

:: Though she was aware of the encounter Morgan had with Haleigh, and the MAJOR tool/lifeline Morgan had given to Haleigh, Haleigh STILL had to tread carefully with Malice, AND she couldn't afford to tip Persephone off in anyway. The element of surprise HAD to be on Morgan and Alison's side....and so, in order to shore up their defenses...::

Michael's "kill teams" were an unfortunate, but NECESSARY precaution to take because we're NOT just dealing with those two, we're dealing with an expanded Hellfire Club, lead by a woman who has been at the center of our lives and our TRAUMAS since we were born.

THIS is where your personal sacrifice comes into play. You are now READY to make hard choices, without hesitation. in that, you have become more like me....and for this...you NEED that...but still...on a personal level...I never wanted this for you. I will hold that which you sent me in safe keeping, until its time to RETURN it to you.

And now? I must go.

Michael and Karen will be returning to here soon.

And Karen will be working with me....though she doesn't know it yet...

:: she thought to herself.::

You did the right thing, reaching out to Karen. I commend you for your effort. Blaze will return to you soon.

:: she reaches out, and hugs her baby brother::

I may not be there physically, but that hardly means I can't get to you, or you to me in the BLINK of an eye.

I love you, Cameron.

Now...pull yourself together. Delilah will be home soon, and she doesn't need to find a drunken telepath sprawled out in her hotel apartment.

:: and with that, along with a "push", she sends Cameron BACK to the physical world, back to his body::
 
The Secret Garden - Library

"Sharon... I've known Haleigh for many years, and I was quite disturbed by her... assault on this Sanctuary. I'd never have thought her capable of something so terrible. I can certainly understand why Rose is upset."


[ Sharon nodded as she looked upon Darren. She saw the way he was looking at her, stealing glances of her....of her...FORM. She FELT his eyes moving along her for, somehow]

He's...very handsome

[ And the look in his eyes, his smile...great hera, did he remind her of Bobby, when he would look at her in "that way." How could it be that this man, who was obviously different than bobby, could evoke that same TINGLING feeling in her, with that look!]

[ Listening to him, and his sincere conviction regarding Black Widow, She felt that she had a unique opportunity to gain some sort of insight into Haleigh's past, even beyond her earliest memories of the woman, or what anyone like Zach or other Six members had told her.]

"I could hardly believe it when I heard it. Needless to say, I don't share her opinion. I can't even imagine what's going on with her right now. Zach's told us some.... very distressing details. Still, we have to prioritize our efforts, and these kids ought to be at the top of our list."

[ Sharon nodded again, but Darren could see a look of grave concern and disappointment at the mention of Zach's name.]

Zachary...

[ She said coldly]

[ She looked at Darren]

I don't recognize him anymore.

I suppose he could say the same about me...like everyone else does.

[ There was a hint of HURT in her tone with that last statement..]

But...it's different with him.

You see....Zach and I have a long...special history, one that goes back to my former life.

He's also the reason why I'm....

:: She didn't want to say "WORKING WITH..."::

...ASSOCIATED with the Birds of Prey at this time.

How long THAT is the case remains to be seen

Additionally, Zach succeed Alycia Barnett and myself in helping Rose when she and I were...

[ how DO you explain WHY/HOW Zach succeeded you in that role, when your story is the one that Sharon had? WHO would believe it? And was DARREN the appropriate person to even tell all that to? Inspite of how handsome was, and how his look pierced her armor , her body, her very soul...she couldn't let herself get CARRIED AWAY! Not HERE in this moment anyway ;) She'd already had ONE moment of impulse [ w/ Domino] that came back to bite her in the ass!]

....NO LONGER able to continue.

He played a VITAL role and served Rose well...UNTIL RECENTLY.

The DECLINE began shortly before his breakup with his fiance.

It became worse as he sought to...cope with that loss.

Rose has been attacked THREE TIMES by the Hellfire Club in the last week. Two of the three times, the assailants tried to take one of her children.

She was able to defend herself and her children, and she had help from some of her friends, but unfortunately Zach was not around for any of those instances.

Her anger with Clandestine Inc most certainly encompasses HIM as well.

After Black Widow's attack, and her injuring Jake O'Brien, along with the revelation of what happened during the Purifiers incident...She blames him for leading Black Widow here in the first place, and has FIRED him, and she's has banned him from the premises.

:: She shook her head, sighing, as she bowed her head and covered her face for a moment.::

I was very disappointed with Zachary. My anger nearly matched Rose's.

He's always been such a thoughtful, considerate, attentive man. But lately...that's CHANGED, HE'S changed, and Rose has SUFFERED because of it.

Darren, even without Rose's situation...I struggle with my feelings regarding Zach, because of our history.

But...

[ she looks back at Darren]

...I was a mother once, and I recognized the feelings he has for little Jake. I KNOW he's genuinely heart broken over what happened to the boy. Rose has forbidden him to have any contact with Jake...and to keep her calm...PLACATED...Alycia and I have had to INSIST that he obey her demand.

Rose is all that those children HAVE, Darren, and we want her to succeed.

We want to HELP her. But her TRUST in nearly EVERYONE is so shaken right now...she's lashed out several times, and she commands CONSIDERABLE power.

She struck down Black Widow and left her for dead.

She drove Persephone away from the scene of another battle.

She DESTROYED all of Clandestine's equipment in under 15 minutes.

That's why I....I'm staying here when you DO meet with her, Darren.

Among other things, my power allows me to function as a living polygraph, and I sense no deception from you.

I don't want you to be HURT by her, but there's no way for us to now how she'll respond to anything that's connected to Black Widow, OR Zach at this point.

:: Darren could see that Sharon was genuinely distressed about her friend Rose. She was walking a fine line between wanting to support Rose, and acknowledging that Rose was indeed in distress.::

She's SO resentful toward Zach right now. She believes he neglected her and the children.

I NOW know that wasn't his intention...and He's suffered quite a bit.

He nearly DIED from an attack by Persephone, who's ALSO affiliated with the Hellfire Club. We almost lost him AND Alycia.

:: she looked toward the fireplace::

And now...on top of everything else, Rose is being HARRASSED by a CPS worker. He appeared at the hospital the very night Black Widow shot him in the back. He showed up HERE today. We were able to stall him, but this can't go on. Alycia is working on finding a legal way to STOP him, but that will take time...

Now I'm afraid...that if ANYTHING ELSE happens, we'll LOSE Rose in a way that we simply CAN'T AFFORD!

Those children NEED her!

:: She kept thinking about Katie, who, amazingly, displayed some sort of foresight...or PRECOGNITION when she told Sharon that Darren was on his way! The Purifiers had murdered her parents, and chased HER into central park because their scans marked her as a mutant. Her POWER must now be EMERGING! She, along with the others, needed to be in a safe space to learn and grow in their powers. Rose provided that and then some! ::

She's given...SUFFERED too much for us NOT to do everything that we can for HER.

:: She looked at Darren, with an almost tearful look in her eyes::
 
The Infirmary

Vivica said:
"Well...maybe because Zach would want you to...and Zizi...and maybe me."

She scowled at Vivica.

“Why are you acting like they’re all innocent bystanders?”

They all wanted her to just kiss these three newcomers’ asses, just so THEY would be happy. Well, not likely.

Vivica said:
"Before I get a smack, I ain't saying you're wrong in all of this Ash...not by any means. In fact, I just spent a great deal of time explaining why I think it's important that we still all try and make an honest go of this whole working together bit."

“Bet that went well. THEY joined OUR team, Viv – why are we expected to act like we joined theirs? I don’t recall there being any problem before THEY showed up.”

Vivica said:
"Dominique saved Zach's life...in a way that...neither of us could. That's real POWER. Power that could really help all of us. It's good for us to have her on our side. What if something bad happens like this again and she's turned her back on us. We could lose somebody really important...and that would suck. I don't want to lose one of you."

She scoffed.

“Heh – if it was me you can be sure she wouldn’t lift a finger to save my ass. And THAT is the difference between THEM and ME. I’m not the one physically attacking someone whose supposed to be my teammate.”

She sighed, her face softening. She rolled onto her side.

“Zach already said all of this. I’m obviously glad they helped him. But what about before that? Treating him like a six year old they could berate because of things that didn’t matter one bit? Why should HE have to put up with THAT? Answer: he shouldn’t.”

Vivica said:
"I realize...the amazons are a different story altogether. I don't even know where to begin about that one. But I think maybe you owe it to yourself to have a conversation that doesn't involve fists.."

She rolled onto her other side away from Vivica.

“I’m not the one who has a problem with that, Viv.”

Vivica said:
"If I could maybe make that happen with Zizi's help…would that be something you would even entertain?"

She laughed.

“A: you would never get them to agree to that. And B: they would only do it expecting me to bow down in front of them and beg their forgiveness. And I will never do that.”

She turned back to look Vivica in the eye.

“I didn’t do anything to them, Viv, and the last thing we need are three spoiled children telling us what to do.”
 
The Infirmary

Nicolas said:
Knowing Morgan's plan is not required to make a plan of our own. I know Cassandra wants to help them, and if your read is that they will take a rescue, then we plan a rescue and let Morgan know. If she is cooking something up better, very well. If not, then we go about on our own. I still feel like there is something that Haleigh needs to happen before she will let this go. Do we have all the intel out there?

“Alycia asked me to contact someone who might be able to get us something on Hellfire. We should see what Zach and his people know, if anything, more than we do. He obviously wants a rescue. Not sure about his team, though. Haleigh attacked a kid – that’s not going to sit well with a lot of people.”

She knew John well, and she knew THAT would have made up his mind for him. And a lot of the others on his team didn’t know Haleigh either, and they would have no reason to try and save her.

Nicolas said:
What am I missing? What is the key here? Something is out here that will change that dynamic.

“What if we come at Hellfire with everything we have? Show Haleigh she doesn’t need to protect us with this insane plan of hers?”

The two of them pondered the impossible situation they were in. At least it seemed like they would for once be able to face it together.

"I'll let you know anything I can find out. And now I'm going to head home - I was here all night and I NEED a shower."

She smiled at Nicolas and gave his arm a squeeze before heading out to the entrance, waving at Steel and Isis' ward as she went by and thankfully not running into any blonde bitches in the process.

She sighed as she finally reached her door - a shower and a nap was what she really needed. Coming into the foyer, she sniffed.

"Smells like weed in here. What has housekeeping been up to in here?"

And the tv was on. She moved slowly in the living room, her hand raised and glowing white.

And there was Cameron, sitting on her couch. Drinking.

"Jesus, Cameron, I thought Haleigh was here to kill me, you ass!"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Charope, LLC -- The Infirmary

Isis: Is that a fact?

Her tone was skeptical, and he sensed a great deal of cynicism from her.

"It IS."

He replied defensively, and wondered if it would be possible to convince her that not all men were as despicable and selfish as Cameron King.

Isis: Zach...I went to GREAT LENGTHS to save your life, and by your own admission, you don't even know or understand the scope of that effort, and what it took, but SHE is the source of your...."EMOTIONAL RENEWAL!?"

"I am an EMPATH, it's equally important to my health to have--"

Isis: This woman, who DELIGHTS in antagonizing other people, demeaning and disrespecting them at every turn....THIS is who you turned to for...RENEWAL!?

He realized at that statement that he'd misunderstood the reason for her skepticism. Her doubt hinged not on whether or not he was in it for more than just a physical satisfaction, but the idea that ASHLEY could provide him with anything more than that. He stroked his beard as he adjusted his perspective a bit.

Isis: How can ANYONE be renewed when dealing with that unkind, disrespectful, boorish woman!?

"Perhaps because I have shown her kindness and respect, I have seen reciprocation from HER? I suspect that if you were HALF as cordial with her as you are with me, you might see the same."

Isis: You know what? Don't bother to explain. You probably can't understand why I'm having the reaction I'm having, and one pattern of this team is quite clear. Anything that's too complex, or requires a closer look...is dismissed.

"Yes, you are correct. Something is being dismissed RIGHT NOW."

He replied, giving her a meaningful look. She crossed her arms, and he sensed a bitterness from her that went up like a wall between them. She spoke of her talk with Delilah, and how she could heal him and bring him back from the brink of death, but she couldn't fix a mind or heart that chose something toxic.

"So what you're saying is that you have determined my choices to be toxic, without ever stopping to consider whether or not I even seemed poisoned?"

He asked with a gentle tone. He didn't want to argue, but he DID want to reach a resolution. She softened a bit, saying she cared about him, and appreciated his help during the purifiers caper. He nodded considerately, and let her speak. She had a lot to say about what he ought to do with his 'second chance', and about his relationships with both Sharon and Alycia.

Isis: YOU'RE the reason why they even agreed to give The Birds of Prey a try, despite their concerns about Oldenburg, and they both feel that you've left them out in the deepest of waters, with no real support where she's concerned.

"I would love to offer them the support they're looking for, but from the moment we were told about Haleigh, I've been ostracized and criticized at every turn. I'm doing the best I can to salvage those friendships, but I need them to match my efforts. Alycia and I had a very good talk last night.... but Sharon still seems... unreachable."

Isis: They went to your aid immediately, they are the ones who made it possible for me to save your life. How do you think they're going to feel if they find out you're with her now, letting her belittle them and their efforts on your behalf without you holding her accountable?

"There's really no need for them to feel any kind of way about something that hasn't happened."

Isis: As I told Vivica, it really doesn't matter that Sharon, Alycia, and myself are thinking of leaving this team, because if you, and the rest of them continue to tolerate Oldenburg's behavior as it is now? There won't BE a team.

"Her behavior has been nothing more than a REFLECTION, Dominique. I mean really..... I cannot comprehend how they can expect Ashley to be polite or pleasant to them while they call her a slut or a tramp or a whore and physically assault her. And honestly? I'm disappointed in you for condoning their treatment of her. Whether or not you LIKE her, it doesn't make it okay to verbally or physically abuse her like that."

He replied, maintaining his composure despite the fact that he could feel his frustration rising up. They took a break from that topic, and instead, Isis talked about her own past, and he found her story to be a terrible experience indeed. He was aghast to hear about what had happened to her sister, and understanding of her need for revenge. He listened, gathering insight into her motivations, and learned more about her evolving relationship with her nephew, Nicolas. He had already been aware of Nic's struggle with Set, from having heard Haleigh talk of it, but this was a whole new aspect of the situation.

Isis: Since my departure from the Hellfire club, it HAS gotten a bit easier. Nicolas HAS matured, and taken more of the burden, but he too gets...DISTRACTED sometimes, by the petty FOOLISHNESS of his team. They've wasted SO MUCH TIME since the Blue Moon. I knew there was a reason I PASSED on the offer to be a "Six reservist" but this team hardly seems any better!

"Dominique you must forgive us, we are all flawed, we will make mistakes along the way. Just as YOU have your reasons, your concerns, your crusades, we all have ours. There are many different perspectives and personalities on this team, we will not always agree on everything. It takes time and patience to develop diplomacy."

He said, and she moved back to her frustration with Ashley. She had a myriad of opinions on the topic, and Zach couldn't address them all, but that didn't mean he was going to just throw up his hands and give up.

"Do you know what I see, Dominique? Four women who all want to be GIVEN respect, and yet none of you want to be the first to GIVE it. You can SAY it's time for this to be resolved, but it will take EVERYONE to make it happen, and I can promise you THIS.... if any of you continue to perpetuate this vicious cycle, then all we will get is all that we have gotten thus far."
 
Last edited:
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Oh yeah Zach, scratch your beard :D
Charope LLC- Infirmary- Dominique's suite

"So what you're saying is that you have determined my choices to be toxic, without ever stopping to consider whether or not I even seemed poisoned?"

I certainly don't think you've made healthy or SAFE choices up to this point, which played a role in you being here in Alycia's infirmary now.

And as for Oldenburg? Yes, I DO think it's a toxic choice. I can't understand why a kind, caring, attentive young man like you would be drawn to someone like HER, and in light of you relationship with Haleigh, and your recent actions regarding Persephone, I SHARE in Sharon and Alycia's concern for what this could do to you.

You may not be poisoned NOW, but sometimes, the deadliest poisons are the ones that take the longest to activate and when they do...the effect is wide reaching, and almost always FATAL.

But these ARE YOUR choices, your decisions. I have no desire to control what you do, but I hope that you won't be LOST because of these choices either.

"I would love to offer them the support they're looking for, but from the moment we were told about Haleigh, I've been ostracized and criticized at every turn. I'm doing the best I can to salvage those friendships, but I need them to match my efforts. Alycia and I had a very good talk last night.... but Sharon still seems... unreachable."

Did you think about why that was happening? Was it FAIR or rational? NO, but in moments of shock, loss, TRAUMA...do people ALWAYS DO what's fair or rational? No they don't.

I can say that about MYSELF, in my own backstory that I just shared with you. And again, your history with Sharon and Alycia....you KNEW these women on a level that other people on this team do not, you knew their relationships with Black Widow You HAD to know what kind of distress all of this would cause them, and to see you defending Black Widow and Persephone so staunchly, even as the evidence continued....CONTINUES to mount? Well..even I was at a loss to understand why you were doing that.

The fallout from what those two renegades has done has been TREMENDOUS, and it has taken a considerable toll on MANY OF US. I myself...am AGHAST at my unknowing role in all of it.

I HELPED that woman discover the truth about herself- that MALICE was indeed her mother. And she turns around, armed with this knowledge, and GOES TO HER!? After she witnessed, and even assisted me with MY efforts to LEAVE the Hellfire Club, and the Inner Circle, with her KNOWING who/ what they are and what they do!?

Zach, even I couldn't fathom why you were so...DEAD SET on defending them, instead of seeing this for the CRISIS that it is...and look what's happened since! Look what happened to YOU!?

:: she looked away for a moment::

YES the Amazons were harsh, and it was unfortunate to see them pile on you like that, but I find it odd that you can find ways to rationalize everything from Valkyrie's behavior, to Persephone GUTTING YOU, but you CAN'T find it within yourself to REMEMBER who these two women have been to you, and if you really knew them- then you'd know WHY they reacted the way they did. And in Alycia's case, she's been DEEPLY betrayed by Black Widow. Look at her now, despite the PAIN that she's in, she's trying to help Rose, instead of giving herself time that she needs, she's launched herself into this...but WHO is going to help HER?

I've seen her in moments where she thought no one was watching, Zach. She's heart broken.

And Sharon...you may feel that she's unreachable, but the woman was ready to AVENGE you when your life hung in the balance. She would have killed Persephone, but Steel appealed to her that it was MORE IMPORTANT to save you and Alycia than to destroy Persephone, and given that choice, she did not HESITATE to chose the former. Here at the infirmary, she RAGED, and cried out for justice...sometimes justice equals REVENGE.

I don't think that a woman would do that for someone she didn't TRULY care about it.

"Her behavior has been nothing more than a REFLECTION, Dominique. I mean really..... I cannot comprehend how they can expect Ashley to be polite or pleasant to them while they call her a slut or a tramp or a whore and physically assault her. And honestly? I'm disappointed in you for condoning their treatment of her. Whether or not you LIKE her, it doesn't make it okay to verbally or physically abuse her like that."

:: She shook her head in disagreement::

And there lies the problem. You speak as though the amazons and I should be the ones to extend ourselves to her. WHY WOULD ANYONE in their right mind check in for that abuse? EVERYONE needs to come into the arena, and arrive to the table at the same time. SHE started off badly with EACH of us, and because you all have allowed her to run roughshod over anyone she sees fit, this is where we are now.

This perception that the burden of proof is on US is RIDICULOUS.

:: She scoffed a bit at Zach bringing up the Amazons calling Valkyrie names::

Oh PLEASE, Zach. I've been an eye witness to HER calling THEM the same names, for NO REASON at all, while expecting ME to respond to her request, and this was BEFORE the more recent confrontation in the clocktower.

The woman LIVES for confrontation and thinks she can look down on anyone and expects them to just TAKE THAT? Well I won't, and apparently neither will the amazons.

I've watched you and Andrew snicker and laugh, romanticizing her boorish behavior. The only person that I've see who actually TRIES to keep her in check is Steel.

:: But on the subject of Sharon attacking Valkyrie, she took some offense to Zach implying that she...CONDONED it.::

Do you KNOW that I condoned it? Did you hear me say that?

As I told Vivica, there IS a cycle of bad behavior, but YOU need to stop defending Ashley at every turn and hold her to the same standard that you expect the Amazons, or even myself to abide by!

I spoke of equity, and ethics...do you really a person looking for those things, or someone who LEFT the hellfire club because she deeply disagreed with the associations and behaviors of the White Queen would CONDONE what happened at the Parthenon?

But honestly Zach, what happened that night didn't happen in a vacuum, nor does the blame solely rest on the amazons, and I'M disappointed in your lack of will to hold HER accountable as well.

Tempers were running very high, and Valkyrie tramples on everyone's feelings, while the rest of you just STAND THERE and say nothing, until someone "dares" to PUSH BACK. That's not only unfair, it's wrong.

When Ashley provokes someone, she doesn't get to dictate their response to it.

I HAVE had the chance to talk with Sharon and Alycia, and I know these women are SINCERE in their desire, as well as their efforts. What happened in the clocktower was very unfortunate, but that situation, or some similar version of it was going to happen eventually one way or another- and it's disappointing that the rest of you couldn't see that.


If this "team" is to be taken seriously, then it's time that EVERYONE be treated with respect, on AND off the battle field. It's time that the FOOLISHNESS is addressed and STOPPED. I would...even be willing to work with Vivica to help lay a foundation to allow everyone to stand on solid ground and equal footing.

"Do you know what I see, Dominique? Four women who all want to be GIVEN respect, and yet none of you want to be the first to GIVE it. You can SAY it's time for this to be resolved, but it will take EVERYONE to make it happen, and I can promise you THIS.... if any of you continue to perpetuate this vicious cycle, then all we will get is all that we have gotten thus far."

And if YOU and the others continue to cast a blind eye to HER provocation and disrespect, expecting US to go above and beyond while expecting little to nothing of HER, then you're right! What reasonable person would respect someone who basically SPITS on others at every turn!?

I spoke of equity AND ethics, as well as GROUP accountability. I will not waver on that.

:: she was beginning to waver on her tenative agreement with Vivica. She was NOT going to deal with more of the same, NOR was she going to extend herself to a woman who gave a whole new meaning to "pearls before swine." ::

:: She KNEW she had it within her to work with ANYONE, but she had standards, and she wasn't compromising them. She'd offerered to work with them, if EVERYONE came together and worked to foster culture of equity, ethics and respect. Vivica understood that, and responded positively to it, but it appeared that Zach was suggesting that she and the Amazons should shoulder that burden.::


"Dominique you must forgive us, we are all flawed, we will make mistakes along the way. Just as YOU have your reasons, your concerns, your crusades, we all have ours. There are many different perspectives and personalities on this team, we will not always agree on everything. It takes time and patience to develop diplomacy."

:: She sighed as she looked at Zach with a genuine expession in her colbalt blue eyes::

I am not UNREASONABLE, Zach. Despite what that woman, or anyone else in this group says. I DO have a heart. I'm TRYING to do what Vivica asks, and "give the group some time." Vivica pointed out that without me realizing it, I may have more of a stake in this than I cared to admit to myself.

If I didn't BELIEVE in what Oracle proposed to me, I WOULD have cut my losses that night in Central Park, taken Richard, and vanished from all of you.

:: she bowed her head, and placed a hand on her forehead for a moment::

But...Richard LIKES it here, and I don't want to deny him the happiness that he's found. I personally never imagined that I would be in a place like this, and I honestly don't know what to make of it...that's a source of ANXIETY for me.

:: she almost IMMEDIATELY regretted saying THAT to Zach, but it was too late to take it back now.::

But the consideration you ask for yourself and the others, is the same consideration that should be given to the Amazons and myself. Again...ethics, equity, and GROUP accountability.

When Oracle and yourself recruited new members, surely you had to know that new sensibilities would come into play, and whatever culture you had before may not be APPROPRIATE for the changing make up of the group.
 
So much had been said and done, and yet there was only one definitive answer to everything--she needed to continue her alliance with the Red Knight in order to secure hers and Haleigh's way out. As long as Haleigh kept up her end of the bargain and played nice with her mother, there would finally be peace within the Inner Circle on ALL courts.

But there was also the underlining issue of her own feelings towards Alek. She had fallen hard and quick, but after everything that had transpired, she couldn't help but feel a resentment and anger toward him still. But that was what was keeping her going. After seeing how Haleigh reacted--the devastation and pain in her eyes--it triggered something in Persephone. Something she hadn't felt since her days in the MoE--hadn't ALLOWED herself to feel. The need to PROTECT Haleigh. And she was going to do whatever it took. Persephone had lived a long life....Haleigh deserved to be given the chance to do the same, and she would make SURE her sister got it.

Applying a nude lipstick, Persephone rubbed her lips together to evenly spread the creamy pigment out before standing from her vanity. She gave herself a once over. Her dark chocolate locks were waved, cascading down her back and shoulders like silk. Her makeup was neutral with the hint of dark smoke around her eyes creating a effortless smoldering look. And her dress was a dark crimson almost black color that fitted to her slender body perfectly, making sure the sleeves were long enough to cover the prominent bruising around both biceps from where she and Alek had gotten physical earlier.

Grabbing the bottle of Argentinan Malbec she asked the kitchen to bring up to her, Persephone exited her chambers and headed down the hall to Alek's room. Knocking on the door, she didn't need to wait long before he answered.

Giving him a smirk, a little tease to the fact she knew he had doubts that maybe she wouldn't show up.

"Hey handsome."

Holding up the wine.

"I know they say beware of Greeks bearing gifts..."

A reference to the Trojan Horse...perhaps even more prevalent in these circumstances.

"But I figured you liked living on the edge."
 
Hellfire Mansion – Red Knight’s Quarters

Alek adjusted the cuffs on his freshly pressed and starched Zegna suit, in the deep red he preferred that nearly looked black. White shirt, also impeccably pressed, and open at the throat in his usual custom. He wanted everything to be perfect for tonight. What had happened earlier…it was not what he’d wanted and he needed to make it up to her.

We should have set a time…

He wasn’t even sure if she was going to show. But he had made sure he was ready if she did, whenever that was. It was important that he fix this, for a variety of reasons. There was a knock at the door, and he moved quickly to open it. He was ashamed that he was a bit surprised to see Persephone standing there, with a bottle of wine no less.

Seph said:
"Hey handsome."

“Hey.”

Seph said:
"I know they say beware of Greeks bearing gifts...But I figured you liked living on the edge."

He laughed.

“Well, as long as you don’t hit me over the head with it…”

He stood aside, opening the door wide so she could see past him into the room. Every surface in the suite was covered in lit candles, the bed strewn with the petals of her favorite flower.

“Come on in.”

He closed the door behind her and followed her inside, showing her towards the sitting area where two wine glasses were already on the table.

“May I?”

He reached out his hand for the bottle of Malbec, opening it and pouring two glasses. Handing one to her, the pleasantries now concluded, he searched her face for clues on her emotional state.

“Do you…want to talk about what happened?”
 
Alek: “Well, as long as you don’t hit me over the head with it…”

"Can't promise anything."

She quipped, keeping the mood light. As Alek pushed open the door, Persephone's smile faded as she slowly stepped into the room, taken aback by the sight. There must have been over a hundred candles on every surface of Alek's room creating a soft light in the darkened space. Gardenia peddles covered the bed and the room's smell reflected. Persephone's lips were parted just a bit and her brows furrowed at the sight as she made her way into the sitting area. She didn't know what to say....this was a far cry from the beast she had encountered earlier.

Alek: "May I?"

She looked at him, his voice snapping her out of her own thoughts. Handing him the bottle, Persephone stood silently as she let her eyes wander the length of the room before Alek approached her with a glass of the Malbec. Taking it, she gave him a small smile.

"It's beautiful."

Her voice softer than usual, more reserved. Taking a small sip of the wine, she looked toward the bed.

Alek: “Do you…want to talk about what happened?”

She looked at him and gave him a sly smile.

"You were holding back on me."

She teased at how rough he had been. Moving past him toward the coffee table where there was a full bouquet of gardenias in a vase, her smile immediately faded.

"I thought I told you before to fuck me like you wanted to."

She continued, referencing the first time she emerged as Persephone when Alek was unsure of how to handle her. Letting her fingers run along the peddles of the bloom, Persephone could feel the vitality of the flower dying slowly.

"How did you know gardenia's were my favorite?"

Just as soon as she asked that, she shook her head and let out a small laugh, looking back at him.

"Stupid question."

The Red Court knew all.

"You didn't have to do all this."
 
The Red Knight's Quarters

She took the glass of wine he offered to her, and smiled, indicating the room.

Seph said:
"It's beautiful."

"I wanted to give you a fitting backdrop."

He took in her hair, her dress, her makeup - everything perfect. His eyes met hers.

"You look amazing. I like your hair, with the waves." He made a circular gesture with his index finger pointing at his own head.

He sipped his wine, a hint of nerves in his voice as he prepared to ask her if she wanted to talk about what had gone on between them earlier in the day. She, of course, made light of it.

Seph said:
"You were holding back on me."

The humor left her as she saw the vase of flowers on the table.

Seph said:
"I thought I told you before to fuck me like you wanted to."

He breathed out as if it was a little painful.

"That wasn't how I wanted to."

He looked away from her, and drank down a large portion of the wine in his glass.

Seph said:
"How did you know gardenia's were my favorite?"

He gave her a half smile, but didn't answer.

Seph said:
"You didn't have to do all this."

His smile disappeared.

"Yes, I did. Before, I-"

He shook his head.

"I was angry...I lost control. But I didn't want to hurt you."

He reached out and touched her arm, his fingers barely grazing it.

"I never wanted that."

His eyes slid up to look at her from under his dark lashes. The truth was, he had fucked her: cold, heartless, brutal. And he was ashamed of it.
 
Astral Plane to The Parthenon

Harbinger said:
:: Harbinger's floating colbalt blue eyes glowed, then FLASHED, as a mystical chime sounded off, and Cameron's astral form met his sister's in their own little corner of the Astral Plane.::

Is this better, baby brother?

Your physical body is intoxicated, you'll be better able to communicate and FEEL HERE...in our personal space beyond the physical.

:: She stood there, in her colbalt blue aura/form, looking at him, she reached out and running her cool hand down his cheek, and letting it rest under his chin for a moment::

And yes, I received your "delivery."

:: she looked at him with concern and sympathy::

That was no gift, Cameron. That was a harsh, EXTREME sacrifice that you made. One that I didn't want for you.

I KNOW why you did it, and for what's coming....I can't DISMISS this extreme measure you've taken.

But I DO wish you had considered the consequences to YOURSELF long term. Who you already are was what made you qualified to do what you needed to do to protect yourself and your Six family. You would've had the support you needed to succeed.

:: He closed his eyes as her hand grazed his face. He was happy to see her..even if it was just on the astral plane. ::

"I still am who I am. But now? I'm a clearer version of myself. I'm somebody I needed to be a long time ago.

Harbinger said:
:: Like Talisman...but now was not the time to discuss that.::

You've not only lost Haleigh in this time, but you've hurt and lost Alycia, you've lost Sharon, you've even lost Vivica!

Cameron...name of a name...WHY did you hurt Alycia like that?

You should have LISTENED to Delilah a while ago, and been honest with yourself, AND her. She would have been better off for it, and you'd still have your friendship...the SIX would still have a valuable ally.

You'll be pleased to know that she SURVIVED Persephone's attack on her.

Isis was able to save her in time.

Delilah watched over her and the others at her Infirmary through the night. SHE [Delilah] will be returning home soon, and she'll need time to REST. She's faced some difficulties herself over the past 24 hours.

Alycia is recovered, and already addressing an important task at hand...but it will be a LONG time before she allows herself to lay eyes on you, and even LONGER THAN THAT before she regards you as something MORE than "creature beneath contempt."

"Persephone."

:: So she was continuin on her path of destruction. Using Ava's body to do her bidding. This could not be allowed to continue. He was glad to hear that Alycia was recovering and okay, but he didn't want to talk about most of what Alison was saying. He wanted to go back to his inebriated state. Where he was warm and fuzzy and stoned. Those moments would be non existent in the days, possibly hours to come, so he wanted to savor that. But he also was happy to see his sister. Very much so. He couldn't give her what she was looking for from him, not in this moment. Perhaps not anymore. ::

"I hurt Alycia because I loved Haleigh and when I knew that I was finally losing her for GOOD, I made an impulsive decision. In that moment, I regretted cheating, but I didn't regret what happened. I thought I had a handle on things, but I didn't. And I didn't know that I didn't have a handle on things until Haleigh spoke the words she did in that conference room. I am human. I made a mistake. And I was honest about what I was feeling. I was in a lose lose situation. I couldn't say it didn't mean anything because it did. I couldn't lie to Alycia AGAIN. So I told her the truth."

"Sharon stepped in for her friend. I understand that. I do not respect what she said. And I will not. Gone are the days where I give credence to anybody who wishes to tell me who I am and ignore the things that don't fit their narrative. Every one of us is flawed. I'm not ignorant to what I've done, or who I am, and I have spent years attempting to gain penance for my past. I'm done caring what the others think about me, especially now when there are far more important things to do."

"If they refuse to aid The Six and the people who have had their backs over a decade because of their bitter hatred of me, then that only REAFFIRMS my decision to remove ALL of the feelings I HAD for Haleigh Davidoff from my body. We are all in danger. But we are all family. Despite the petulance. Despite how we might hurt each other. And it's time for everbody to put their feelings to the side in order to do what needs to be done. I have stood shoulder to shoulder with MALICE on Sheena Island. They CAN work alongside us. If they choose not to, then it's simply that - a choice. A poor one."

Harbinger said:
::sighing::

That will be problematic not only for you, but the Six as well.

But before we can worry about that, we must get through what we're facing right now.

:: taking his hands into her's::

Haleigh's actions have set in motion, a sequence of events that will have DIRE consequences for the powerful psi named Rose.

The Birds of Prey are racing against a clock that will RUN OUT on them, but THEY must be the ones to see this through.

:: Alison herself already knew what would be needed, but that wasn't Cameron's concern. However...::

The Birds of Prey have sustained damage and casualties resulting from the actions of Black Widow and Persephone. They helped us during the Purifiers caper, there is an OBLIGATION for the Six to step in and address the problem of the renegade members, and that's why Blaze called everyone together.

I can't come to you physically now, because I have my role to play in all of this.

"The Six will stand with The Birds of Prey without question."

"She has a role to play."

:: What was she talking about? ::

Harbinger said:
:: She looked upon Cameron.::

Morgan has been here, she's shared with me her plan, and I will be assisting her. I've let her know the tactical risks...including how probable it is that one or BOTH of us might not survive, but these are risks that she and I are willing to take.

"There is me without YOU, Alison. You will survive. BOTH of you will. Even if I have to rip open the gates of Hell and pull you out myself. Now stop SAYING that."

Harbinger said:
I hope that you, Delilah and the others understand that the reason she did NOT tell you everything she had in mind, is because the risk of detection by Malice OR one of her "feelers" is too great, but before she goes into any action, she WILL gather you all together.

Be watchful, keep an open ear, and be ready.

We AREN'T going to play this on Malice's time table, NOR are we going to give Haleigh or Persephone time to "prepare."

:: Though she was aware of the encounter Morgan had with Haleigh, and the MAJOR tool/lifeline Morgan had given to Haleigh, Haleigh STILL had to tread carefully with Malice, AND she couldn't afford to tip Persephone off in anyway. The element of surprise HAD to be on Morgan and Alison's side....and so, in order to shore up their defenses...::

"Nor should we. I'm DONE playing on Malice's court."

Harbinger said:
Michael's "kill teams" were an unfortunate, but NECESSARY precaution to take because we're NOT just dealing with those two, we're dealing with an expanded Hellfire Club, lead by a woman who has been at the center of our lives and our TRAUMAS since we were born.

THIS is where your personal sacrifice comes into play. You are now READY to make hard choices, without hesitation. in that, you have become more like me....and for this...you NEED that...but still...on a personal level...I never wanted this for you. I will hold that which you sent me in safe keeping, until its time to RETURN it to you.

And now? I must go.

Michael and Karen will be returning to here soon.

"I will of course follow yours and Morgan's lead on this..but I will say this now. Should any member of The Hellfire Club attempt to provoke me any further? I will cut a path through them so bloody and so VICIOUS that it will give even Diana pause for reflection."

Harbinger said:
:: she thought to herself.::

You did the right thing, reaching out to Karen. I commend you for your effort. Blaze will return to you soon.

:: she reaches out, and hugs her baby brother::

I may not be there physically, but that hardly means I can't get to you, or you to me in the BLINK of an eye.

I love you, Cameron.

Now...pull yourself together. Delilah will be home soon, and she doesn't need to find a drunken telepath sprawled out in her hotel apartment.

:: and with that, along with a "push", she sends Cameron BACK to the physical world, back to his body::

:: Cameron hugged his sister warmly. Her cold touch against his warm touch. Fire and Ice. But she would notice his warmth was not as fiery and hot as it had once been. ::

"I love you too, Alley Cat. For forever and a day."

:: He kissed her forehead before finding himself back in Delilah's apartment, alarmed by her VOICE! ::

Delilah: "Jesus, Cameron, I thought Haleigh was here to kill me, you ass!"

:: Cameron shot up like a cannon for a moment, jolted before smirking. ::

"No..I just raided your fridge, got high and cleaned your apartment. I knew you were at Charope...but what the hell happened there?"

:: pausing ::

"And...I'm sorry that Blaze didn't think to include you in our War Room session. I refused to go any further until you were present."

:: he looked her up and down, sensing something. ::

"Is Bishop okay?"
 
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Love that line about if the HC provoke him
Persephone
Persephone
Fuck right Cameron! I love his no nonsense attitude right now!
The Parthenon – Delilah’s Apartment

She had startled Cameron. Good.

Prophet said:
"No..I just raided your fridge, got high and cleaned your apartment. I knew you were at Charope...but what the hell happened there?"

She smirked.

“You’re playing pretty fast and loose with the whole ‘Master Key’ thing, aren’t ya?”

She stopped for a second.

“Did you say you cleaned my apartment?”

She felt his forehead with her hand.

“Are you sure you’re not on adderall? You know you literally pay people to do that, right?”

She slumped down onto the sofa next to him.

“And yeah, it’s been a long day already. Everyone wants to talk about Haleigh and Ava.”

She laid her head on Cameron’s shoulder.

Prophet said:
"And...I'm sorry that Blaze didn't think to include you in our War Room session. I refused to go any further until you were present."

“Well, Blaze is a bitch. Not your fault. I did talk to Morgan, though. And Nicholas.”

She rolled her head to look at him and smiled.

“I really need a shower. And maybe a beer.”

Prophet said:
"Is Bishop okay?"

She smiled.

“Yeah, he’s fine. He got released from the Infirmary this morning. He’s picking me up for dinner later.”

She patted his leg.

“Alycia is fine too. And Zach. Well except that he’s taken up with that annoying bitch from the Birds of Prey. The blonde. I’d love to shove a photon blast right up her ass.”

She looked at him again.

“How are you doing?”

She paused, noticing the tv.

“And is that…my DVR?”
 
The Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Delilah: "You're playing pretty fast and loose with the whole 'Master Key' thing, aren't ya?"

"Well you know...since some people are all [mockingly] 'Don't read my mind, it's private' - I have to figure out SOME way to get my telepathic jollies off."

Delilah: "Did you say you cleaned my apartment?"

:: She felt his head and he smirked. ::

Delilah: "Are you sure you're not on adderall? You know you literally pay people to do that, right?"

"Oh so I finally lift a finger and it isn't good enough for you? You've changed, Delilah. This isn't what I signed up for when I said I do! I can't go on like this any longer..I think..."

:: falling back into the couch with his hand over his head. ::

"I think I want a divorce!"

:: she sat down next to him. ::

Delilah: "And yeah, it's been a long day already. Everyone wants to talk about Haleigh and Ava."

"Vomit."

Delilah: "Well, Blaze is a bitch. Not your fault. I did talk to Morgan, though. Nicholas."

"Really?! Well...that's good I guess."

Delilah: "I really need a shower. And maybe a beer."

"Yeah..you kinda stink."

:: onto Bishop ::

Delilah: "Yeah, he's fine. he got released from the Infirmary this morning. He's picking me up for dinner later."

:: he whined and grabbed her in his arms in a bear hug. ::

"Eww no. Stay here with me and let's get food from Ambrosia and pig out and make fun of people on TV. Pleeeeeasse?"

:: She didn't budge. ::

"Fine. Have dinner with your man. But I won't forgive this betrayal."

Delilah: "Alycia is fine too. And Zach. Well except that he's taken up with that annoying bitch from the Birds of Prey. The blonde. I'd love to shove a photon blast right up her ass."

:: He grimaced upon hearing Alycia's name. It hurt. ::

"You know what's funny? In a sad way? All these feelings I don't have about Haleigh anymore..it makes me not hate Zach. In fact? I don't even care about him at all. Like nothing! It's great. I mean..I am glad he's okay, I guess."

:: taking a sip of his beer, he handed it to Delilah to drink. ::

"Valkyrie? I thought she was kind of funny. Pretty terrible taste in men, but funny.."

:: He noticed Delilah's agitated glare. ::

"I mean - she's an evil troll bitch from hell and she must be destroyed immediately.."

:: curiously cocking a brow. ::

"But...what's the story there? You generally like people. What did she to do you that is going to make me have to hurt her?"

Delilah: "How are you doing?"

"Loaded question for a loaded person. Right now I feel pretty okay. Alison just did one of her check ins. Told me that she might die and so might Morgan trying to save Haleigh, so there's that. But it's always like that with Alison. She likes to leave people hanging. I'm still not sold on the whole thing, but I'm trying to be understanding. I realize...that well, you pretty much, still think we can save her. So if we can..I'll try."

Delilah: "And is that...my DVR."

"Fashion is dead Delilah. And it was killed by Erin Robertson."

:: thinking ::

"Oh you know what I just thought? Maybe this is just another dream? Seems like the same setup. Mortal danger. Everybody is gonna die. Maybe we will wake up soon and everything will be back to normal.."

:: pausing ::

"Even though...I'm not sure I WANT it to go back to the way it was."
 
Alek: "That wasn't how I wanted to."

Persephone didn't respond. Keeping her attention on the bouquet of flowers for a moment longer, her mind was racing about everything. She knew she had pushed all the right buttons and made him loose control--that was the plan all along. But it didn't make it any less painful to do, mainly due to her past history with her ex who was FAR worse than Alek. It was a little reassuring to know that he didn't find pleasure in it either.

She turned to him.

"You didn't have to do this."

Alek: ""Yes, I did. Before, I--I was angry...I lost control. But I didn't want to hurt you. I never wanted that."

He was hesitant to even touch her as he spoke--barely even looking at her. Persephone's brows lowered as she looked at him, putting her glass of wine down on the coffee table. Getting closer to him, she took his glass from him as well, placing it down on the table.

"Okay....look at me."

Taking his face within her hands, Persephone looked directly into his eyes.

"You. Didn't. Hurt. Me."

She made sure he heard the words, understood them, and let them marinate. Because physically, he didn't. It was rough, yes, but she could handle rough. It was the reasons she initiated the act that hurt her above anything else.

"If you haven't noticed, i'm pretty durable..."

Her tone a little more light as a hint of a smile appeared. But quickly she became serious again. This wasn't what she wanted. She didn't want him AFRAID of hurting her. She wanted him to want her the way he did before.

"Please stop thinking you did....and please stop thinking you can't touch me without breaking me."

Persephone took his hands and firmly placed them on either side of her waist, her eyes never leaving his.

"I came at you. I was angry. I made YOU angry. And we fucked. It was a heated moment, Alek..."

Sighing, Persephone rolled her eyes shut. She needed to navigate this right, otherwise she would look like a victim in his eyes which she WASN'T. She finally moved her hands back up to his face before looking back up at him. Her fingers gently gripping his beard.

"I want you to look at me the way you did before. Not like you are now."
 
The Parthenon - Delilah's Penthouse

Cameron said:
"Oh so I finally lift a finger and it isn't good enough for you? You've changed, Delilah. This isn't what I signed up for when I said I do! I can't go on like this any longer...I think...I think I want a divorce!"

She feigned looking at her nails.

“Fine, I’ll take you for half.”

She pursed her lips and looked at him with a critical gaze.

“Three quarters.”

She sat down and told him that everyone at Charope was wanting to talk about Haleigh and Ava.

Cameron said:

That surprised her a little, and she looked at him askance. Not that she particularly wanted to talk about them right now, either. But still.

Cameron said:
"Yeah…you kinda stink."

She laughed.

“Must be nice…insulting people…while you’re drunk on THEIR BEER.”

She smacked him at the back of the head playfully.

Cam was certainly acting up this evening, she laughed to herself. He had her in a bear hug before she could say, what the fuck?

Cameron said:
"Eww no. Stay here with me and let's get food from Ambrosia and pig out and make fun of people on TV. Pleeeeeasse?"

“Sorry. Almost dying trumps boredom.”

Cameron said:
"Fine. Have dinner with your man. But I won't forgive this betrayal."

“He’s not my man.”

But she smiled anyway.

Cameron said:
"You know what's funny? In a sad way? All these feelings I don't have about Haleigh anymore...it makes me not hate Zach. In fact? I don't even care about him at all. Like nothing! It's great. I mean...I am glad he's okay, I guess."

“Well that’s very magnanimous of you, Cam. I think you’re growing.”

He took a drink of his beer then handed it to her. She took a long sip then handed it back.

Cameron said:
"Valkyrie? I thought she was kind of funny. Pretty terrible taste in men, but funny."

What the hell was it about this chick? Was she some sort of siren they didn’t know about? She glared at Cameron.

Cameron said:
"I mean - she's an evil troll bitch from hell and she must be destroyed immediately."

Delilah nodded.

“Damn, right.”

Cam was looking at her strangely.

Cameron said:
"But...what's the story there? You generally like people. What did she to do you that is going to make me have to hurt her?"

“Oh, you mean, aside from attacking Karen AND me at Charope when we took Frost there? Well guess who else she’s been fucking. That’s right, Maxim.”

She took his beer out of his hand and finished it, slamming the empty bottle down on the table.

She changed the subject, asking Cam how he was.

Cameron said:
"Loaded question for a loaded person. Right now I feel pretty okay. Alison just did one of her check ins. Told me that she might die and so might Morgan trying to save Haleigh, so there's that. But it's always like that with Alison. She likes to leave people hanging. I'm still not sold on the whole thing, but I'm trying to be understanding. I realize...that well, you pretty much, still think we can save her. So if we can...I'll try."

She looked at him sadly, taking his hand and squeezing it.

“I’m not stupid. If they attack us, we have to fight back. But…there are things…that just don’t add up about all of this. She could have killed Bishop, but she didn’t. Ava didn’t kill Vivica, or Zach. They know how to kill people, Cam. There just seems to be more to all this. And after Alexis…we dropped the ball with her, Cam. I don’t want to do that again.”

She noticed he was watching her recorded episodes of Project Runway.

Cameron said:
"Fashion is dead Delilah. And it was killed by Erin Robertson."

Shock washed over her face.

“NO. WAY!? Are you kidding me? She sucks. She really really sucks so bad. She makes models look fat.”

Cameron said:
"Oh you know what I just thought? Maybe this is just another dream? Seems like the same setup. Mortal danger. Everybody is gonna die. Maybe we will wake up soon and everything will be back to normal."

“God, that would be great.”

She paused, then turned her head towards Cameron.

“Can you make sure they add in that Maxim never slept with that bitch?”

Cameron said:
"Even though...I'm not sure I WANT it to go back to the way it was."

She looked at him quizzically.

“What do you mean?”
 
Charope - Guest Suite

Valkyrie said:
She scowled at Vivica.

“Why are you acting like they’re all innocent bystanders?”

They all wanted her to just kiss these three newcomers’ asses, just so THEY would be happy. Well, not likely.

[flatly]

"I didn't realize that was how I was acting."

Valkyrie: “Bet that went well. THEY joined OUR team, Viv – why are we expected to act like we joined theirs? I don’t recall there being any problem before THEY showed up.”

"I think it might be a little bit deeper than that."

Valkyrie said:
She laughed.

“A: you would never get them to agree to that. And B: they would only do it expecting me to bow down in front of them and beg their forgiveness. And I will never do that.”

She turned back to look Vivica in the eye.

“I didn’t do anything to them, Viv, and the last thing we need are three spoiled children telling us what to do.”

"Look, I'm just trying to help things, Ashley. That's it. I just want to figure out a way that we can all work together and do the things I know that we can do together. I recognize how you feel. I get it. I understand it. I will defend you if you need it. But something has got to give at some point. We can continue to go on without them. We operated before them. But the more members we have, the more people we can trust, the bigger the playing field gets for us. The more we can and the more we can protect."

"I honestly don't know what your endgame is Ashley. What you want your future to look like but...I wanna be a hero. And so does Zizi. And this is how both of us plan on doing it. You are on this team for a reason, and I HOPE it's more than because Oracle has helped you out. I HOPE you want to do some real good. Because I know that I need your help...and that I want you there."

"So please. If you feel the slightest pull in your body that tells you that at the very least you can have some sort of meeting or conversation that leads towards building a bridge to make our team stronger and more diverse, listen to it okay? If it ends up in flames, then at the very least you know that you were right about them. So really what would you have to lose but a little bit of pride? You've got pride in SPADES."

[smirking]

"Or you know I could just call Oracle and get HER to convince you."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top