Business as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze's eyes went wide at how belligerent both Alison AND Haleigh had become. She didn't know these women anymore, in fact she didn't want to know them at all. Her eyes narrowing at the brutal lashing herself and Nicolas received. Raising her own hand in defense.

"Fuck it, I'm done with this dysfunctional team. You know NOTHING about me Haleigh and for you to have the gall to throw my history is a low blow. Just because I have Christopher's blood in my own does not make me tainted. And just because I stand up for someone I believe me makes me tainted. Well, I think you need to climb down off your high horse because your sadly mistaken. I'm through with you AND Alison, I will be moving OUT of Illustra. And I don't EVER want to see either one of you."

She spat, her hands catching fire while shutting her eyes with a grim expression. Blaze felt as though she would implode. All she asked was for an explanation but instead both women spat venom at herself and Nicolas. Shaking her head, she felt rage push over her like a cloud.

"I quit. And I'm not benefiting instead I'm sitting. "

Karen opened the door but unlike the others she didn't bother to fake a smile. Tightening her fists she avoided eye contact with Karen. Nodding to her in her own way, the mutant walked inside. She stood side - by side of Nicolas, glancing up at him with an apologetic look.

Following from the rear, Blaze's arms firmly crossed over her chest. Her expression burning with annoyance and seething with anger. She kept to herself but as Karen introduced them to Morgan, Blaze offered a smile. Oh Morgan, if you only knew what these two were up to. I wish you knew... Her thoughts trailing off, moving over to the side window. Looking outside, Blaze seemed stand offish, but it couldn't be helped. She was horrible masking her feelings especially now. She felt like she had been betrayed by Alison and Haleigh. Her eyes filling with tears as she stared outside but she blinked them away. She kept herself as distant as possible from the others.

I have a tendency of taking in lost puppies. They still don't understand....they'll never comprehend what its like to be rejected from life, to be tossed from one abusive foster family to the next. They all sit pretty with their estates, designer wardrobes, and their fake and phony attitudes. I give people a chance, but unfortunately that's not enough.

Blaze stood deep in thought. Her green eyes moving onto Morgan with a look of sadness. She doesn't understand who we are....your living in an empty shell. You will remember soon. She thought to herself, but the sensation of Tinkerbell rubbing up against her leg. The clever feline sensed Blaze's discontent with the others. Reaching down she gently scooped up Tinkerbell in her arms cradling her like an infant. The cat purring in her ear with a gentle meow. Looking down at Tinkerbell, Blaze smiled at the cat. Tinkerbell was probably the only thing that could cheer up the sullen mutant. She felt like an outcast, like her opinions and thoughts were written off. Hugging the cat, Blaze looked out the window again, yearning to be in another place, maybe even in another time.
 
[ As Blaze commented on Delilah's conversation with Alison, she started to get annoyed. ]

"I'll gladly tell you what I think if you ask, Blaze - you don't need to eavesdrop. And sometimes, yes, you don't think before you act..."

[ As Alison started to yell, Delilah walked over to her and put a calming hand on her shoulder. Blaze's outburst was typical - she tried to keep her mind from forming the words "drama queen" but that was difficult. Luckily Karen entered at that moment and cut the argument short. She put on a smile for her "foster mother's" benefit. She was apprehensive about seeing Morgan, about what her condition would be. As they entered and Morgan asked who they were, it was like a kick to her stomach, it pained her so greatly to see her old friend this way. She didn't want to overwhelm the witch, so she gave a simple smile and tried to speak calmly and evenly. ]

"Welcome home, Morgan."
 
Nicolas nodded deeply to Morgan.

"Nice to meet you, Morgan. I am glad to see you are better. I have heard many good things about you."


Nicolas stifled the temptation to speak further. This meeting was about the rest of them, not him meeting her. Not just yet. It was not his place. Speaking of that, he was a bit disconcerted by the team dynamic now that he was in the mix. He would fix that when they met later. He knew what he had to do.
 
Haleigh fought the nagging urge to yell 'FINE!' like a three year old.... it would have felt good, she knew, but not helped. She couldn't understand WHY Blaze was being so stubborn and defensive about this. She wanted to beat some sense into Blaze.

Instead, she distracted herself with Karen and Morgan... Morgan didnt recognize any of them... but Haleigh'd prepared herself for that. What she wasn't prepared for was the youthful, rejuvenated looking Morgan.

"Wow, Morgan, death has done you well... you look like you just got back from a wonderful vacation. It's good to have you back."

She said, deciding against giving Morgan a hug. They just weren't that close yet... Haleigh wondered if Morgan would eventually remember their fight to the death.
 
Morgan's penthouse, the sitting room

<< Morgan stood with her mother, looking upon these women and man with a curious glint in her icy violet eyes. She smiled at Delilah, there was a warmth and goodness about Delilah that touched Morgan. It soothed her. Delilah's own natural luminescence...an ongoing manifestation of her power could be used to soothe or augment emotions.>>

<< in an icy voice>>

Hello.

<< she nodded to each of them as each person greeted her. her facial expression was polite>>

they seem...familiar. Delilah is very pretty, I wonder if she's a model here. something about them feels almost "comfortable"....except that one.

<< she thought as she looked at Nicolas, her PSI screen completely shielding her mind from him. she'd never seen him even BEFORE the seige perilous and his physical presence compared to the others was immense. He towered over even Alison and herself. Something about him was different than the others. He was HANDSOME yes, and he spoke to her with gentility, there was no hint of "familiarity" to him at all. It made her feel rather...uncomfortable.>>

<< as Haleigh complimented her, Morgan looked the mutant over before smiling a bit>>

well thank you. It's...nice to be back, i suppose.

<<She didnt know what to say, she didnt identify with their feelings of "having her back." since for her, this all seemed like "the very first time.">>

<< finally, she looked upon Alison, she felt a kindred spirit within the Seer. Alison , like Delilah was one of Morgan's closest confidants>>

you're a witch too. I sense power within you. Power that rivals my own.

<< she reached out for Alison's hand to shake it.>>
 
Morgan's penthouse

:: Alison nodded slightly in agreement with Haleigh, Morgan DID look younger than before. Her icy violet eyes were so clear and filled with calmness, almost a curioust glint to them. Alison looked upon Morgan and quietly smiled inwardly::

it is better to have you back and for you to have the chance to learn and remember, than to not have you at all. i can already "see" you coming back to us in spirit and mind as well as body soon enough

:: Alison waited as everyone greeted Morgan and she noted Morgan's polite response, typical for "first time" meetings of course. Alison couldnt help but chuckle in her mind at how Morgan was NEVER this "polite" to Haleigh during the first actual meeting a year ago. and finally Morgan addressed Alison and held out her hand to her::

:: her magickal detection draws her to me. she's focused on that, magick is what she identifies with more than anything else about her past life at this moment.::

:: taking Morgan's hand, Alison nods and smiles::

Yes, Morgan, I'm a witch too. We were the only two on the team while the rest of the team is composed of mutants.

We're so glad to have you back with us, Morgan. Haleigh is right, you look great.

:: chimes could be heard in the air around them as the winds quitely whispered in the air::
 
Morgan's penthouse

My.....

all these things, these people that I don't remember......My sister??

<<As she looked at Blaze, she stepped back...shaking her head a bit. Morgan looked a little perplexed as she looked up to the ceiling and then around the room. She felt uneasy, on edge...but not at random, almost like it was TRANSFERRED. suddenly she seemed bothered by so many people standing in her sitting room, looking at her. a FAR CRY from the original Morgan who wanted ALL eyes on her>>

Too many people...chaos and dischord! I don't know what to do....I need...

<< she looked at her mother>>

I need time. I'm not ready to go back. I'm not ready.....I don't remember!!

<< she turned away and left the sitting room, going up a small set of stair before disppearing around a corner and down the hall to her chamber of dreams>>
 
Illustra- Morgan's penthouse

<< Karen watched as the meeting took place. silently nodding with approval at the way the members of the Six were handling themselves with her daughter. She watched Morgan too.>>

She's understandly reserved. she finds them to be "familiar"...like a faint echo from her mind's fractured memories but she can't be sure yet.

you're among your friends and family now , Morgan. No better place for you to be. Ororo and I are confident that you....

<< she was cut off as Morgan suddenly became very unsure of herself, looking at the group of people and then looking around rather frantically before expressing anxiety>>

<< Karen attempted to comfort her daughter but Morgan retreated to her chamber of dreams, leaving her mother and the others still standing in the sitting room>>

<< looking at everyone>>

As you can see, Morgan is not who she was before. Not yet. Ororo is convinced that being her is the best thing for Morgan but i wasnt so sure. I was afraid she might feel overwhelmed as everyone knows HER but she cant remember them and in her mind, she tries to put things together but cannot.

<< looking toward the direction her daughter went in>>

she just needs time to think...and rest. she's not ready for anything right now i'm afraid. I hope you all understand....

<< she looked down at the kitten on the couch who was sitting upright, looking very alert as she studied the "big people" in her space.>>

It will take time. How much time, I don't know but things will have to carry on as they are for now.

<< Looking at Blaze, Karen narrowed her eyes and cleared her throat as she swept her cape back and folded her arms.>>

and now that Morgan has left us for the time being, That brings me to what i have to say next...I heard you in the hallway Blaze, speaking in a manner MOST unbecoming. Care to explain why you had such an outburst and right before you knew you'd be meeting your sister?

You of all people should know better. As much time as you spent with your sister in Valiant, Didn't it ever occurr to you that your sibling bond with Morgan might allow her to sense your feelings and cause her to feel uneasy HERSELF!? Her psi screen can't compensate for the negativity that even I could see DRIPPING from the scowl on your face when you came in here.

<< Alison had warned Blaze of something like this happening. Karen's voice was clear, stern yet still elegant>>

Aside from your rather rude entrance, Alison and Haleigh seemed almost TOO quick to greet me when i opened the door, suggesting that they were allowing my arrival to divert their attention.

I may not be a precog, but as a psycho therapist, I AM trained to pick up various beahviors and physical cues. Just WHAT was going on in the hallway?

<< As Karen looked at all of them, they couldnt lie to the doctor, nor could the disrespect her...although with Blaze, that was a distinct possibility, one that Karen kept in the back of her mind....after all she was Christopher's daughter and his behavior traits did show more strongly in HER than they did in Morgan.>>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stroking Tinkerbell's healthy coat, Blaze tried not to stare at Morgan. She knew the possibilities of feeling overwhelmed if she did. Tinkerbell's calm purring calmed even the flustered mutant, lowering her escalating blood pressure. Leaning down to plant a gentle kiss on Tinkerbell's head, she observed Morgan's behavior with each of the team. Blaze felt more reserved and less amicable. But, she also felt Morgan needed more time, so when she watched her sister retreat it was to be expected.

Walking over to the sofa, the mutant took a seat with Tink still cradled in her arms. Karen out right addressing her. She also knew as much, Karen was an intelligent woman, she saw the chemistry or lack there of.

"My little 'outburst' as you so casually label it is a direct provocation of Alison, Haleigh, and Delilah. They have been harassing me because I stand up for Nicolas. Ororo instructed each of them to give him a chance, but instead they ride him off like he's nothing. I have a lot of respect for him. But, it started this morning with Alison harassing me after a grueling morning I suffered with a celebrity actress. I was late to a board meeting and I apologized, and I also shot the idea of having Nicolas to represent Illustra. It was a simple idea, but she jumped down my throat. We had words back and forth and she nearly fired me. Later on, I noticed Nicolas outside and I asked to speak with him, I needed a personal favor that his powers might be capable of. Haleigh had one of her men tailing him and it provoked Nicolas. Needless to say, Nicolas detected the agent and sent him back to Haleigh while he teleported to my suite."

She paused, looking elsewhere, "I don't expect you to understand Doctor but for some reason I feel edge around these women. They are so secretive and I'm easily labeled for allowing lost puppies into my life." She released Tinkerbell, who ran upstairs to follow Morgan. "I feel as though no one knows me here, I feel JUDGED on this team and as a person. I'm constantly reminded of a horrible father who created me. I can never run from Christopher Victory...its always thrown in my face. I take in people because I was never given a shot as a child. I give people a shot, I welcome them, and I'm amicable because I was rejected, I was tossed into abusive foster families. I feel like I'm in another abusive family again...the need to get away is fierce."

Looking down, Blaze struggled with her wording. Her past was always a sensitive region to discuss. "I admit my timing was bad but my nature is explosive, Alison and Haleigh were the reason for my outburst. I voiced my concern in a tranquil manner and both verbally attack me, especially Haleigh. She voiced her opinion of how I am tainted. Once again I'm reminded of Christopher, a man who tortured, probed, and maniacally laughed in my face. A man I hate almost as much as Malice, and yet I'm compared to him. Its a huge blow to my heart and I take it as a huge insult. I feel like my opinion, thoughts, ideas, and my overall attitude are disregarded. I feel as though Alison and Haleigh keep secrets from the team, especially me because of who my father is. Maybe, I'm wrong but I think the team should be kept abreast at all times, not to discuss what happened that afternoon with myself and Nicolas."

"Morgan didn't retreat of just my negative feelings but because she was overwhelmed by everyone present. My feelings may have assisted but it was not the direct result. Seeing Nicolas for the first time, and all of us plus my feelings caused her to retreat. I can't and I won't pretend to be fake and phony. If I'm upset I'm upset...I have the most difficult time controlling that fiery temper. I don't want to be with this team any longer, I'm tired of someone playing the Christopher card, I'm tired of secrets, and I'm tired of being on this team. This is not a family anymore, at least not to me. I feel like they have betrayed me and I'm sure they share the same viewpoint, but I do apologize to you Karen. I am sorry, but I feel like I don't belong here."

Blaze fell silent again, she absentmindedly bit into her nails, a sort of nervous habit for her. Judging from Blaze's body language she felt uncomfortable here, the need to retreat easily noticed. Her right leg bouncing up and down like a rabbit or someone with ADD. Her eyes avoiding everyone, she felt everyone staring at her and it only added to her uneasy feeling.
 
Haleigh winced as Morgan became uneasy and hurried away.... she knew this wouldn't be easy... but she didnt expect for Morgan to bug out. Karen scolded Blaze for her attitude, naming that as the major cause... and then confronted the whole group about what had been going on in the Hallway before she answered the door. Haleigh wouldnt outright lie to Karen... but she didn't want to burden the doctor, mainly because Karen had ENOUGH to worry about with Morgan...

"Its... we've got it under control, Karen."

And Haleigh would have left it at that.... but Blaze started up and let everything out... well, almost everything. Haleigh, who'd been walking the very thin line of self control and teetering on seething rage, now seemed to reel out of control. She watched Blaze with visible vehemence, her arms folded across her chest, a predatory glare in her green eyes. Even Tinkerbell seemed to sense it, and as Blaze released the cat, Tink made a path for Morgan's bedroom, going the long way to avoid walking by Haleigh. Blaze quieted and bit her nails, and Haleigh burst into a flurry of angry movement like an apoplectic tiger let out of its cage. Towering over Blaze, she snatched the forlorn mutant up by the shoulders and shook her violently, as if to get her to snap out of it.

"CHRIST, BLAZE! You're so SELFISH! THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU! I never said ANYTHING about your BASTARD FATHER. Yeah, I said you were tainted... tainted by HIM!" She began, pointing wildly at Nicolas, but not letting Blaze go. "You just met him YESTERDAY, and you're ready to bite the bullet for him! IF Alison and I are 'secretive', it's for your OWN DAMN GOOD! Alison NEEDED to know what happened... so that we could DEAL with him together. YOU refuse to see him for what he is! Why don't you tell Karen the WHOLE story?? Why don't you tell her what he DID that's got everyone in an uproar? You left THAT part out, didn't you? Go on, tell HER. Tell her how he nearly got us all KILLED, or WORSE: CRUCIFIED!"
 
Illustra- Morgan's sitting room

:: Guardian wanted to call out after Morgan. it was an instinct as Morgan's close friend but she knew it was best to let Morgan leave. No one wanted to see her be overwhelmed and in some ways, Morgan was starting all over again. it was hard for Alison to watch...seeing a person she knew and loved but they were not "that person" anymore....at least for now.::

:: As Alison had warned, Karen began to chastize Blaze. The doctor's intuition was remarkable and she turned to confront the rest of the group. As Blaze called herself blowing the whistle on Alison and Haleigh, Alison exhaled loudly with annoyance as she looked up and ran her hands through her blue/black hair. Alison had not wanted to pull the doctor into this foolishness but Blaze couldnt hold back herself, she immediately retorted Blaze::

Blaze...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! No one said anything about Christopher and no one is accusing you of anything because of who your father is. You're being ridiculous and unfair! This is about Nicolas and his insufferable attitude and if you're going to "tell on us"...make sure you tell Karen what HE did.

::She couldnt believe it had come to this...but Before Alison could scream at Blaze any further, Haleigh was instantly upon her. So fast that even Alison jumped as her cobalt blue eyes widened with surprise.::

:: Alison turned to Nicolas::

this is YOUR FAULT!

:: she glared at Nicolas, she was sorely tempted to lash out him with her powers and forcibly evacuate him from the room but she didnt want to disrespect Karen or Morgan's home. it was bad enough that things had gotten to this point but Alison could not keep herself in check any longer. Blaze's behavior was inexplicable.::
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"That is a GODDAMN LIE!!! YOU had some idiot flunkie follow me around in some cloaking suit, thinking that you had the right to do so and that it was a good idea. WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS!! I dismissed him, wiping his mind clean as I did so and you assumed that I had no discretion or experience in these matters. WRONG AGAIN! The issue here is that you two ***looks at Haleigh and Alison*** don't give a damn about me or whether or not I can or will fit into this team. Blaze was the ONLY ONE who gave me a chance and for that, you have threatened to cast her aside. I have had it!!!"

Nicolas stepped toward the two women, towering over them both. he looked Blaze in the her eyes and his gaze softened.

"If you need me EVER, just "call " for me. I will hear you. But I must leave. Your sister and your relationships with this team are too important for me to risk by my mere prescence. If they insist that I am to be the outsider, I may as well be outside. I will be at my residence in New York. If you think about it, you will find that you already know the address and my phone number. Thanks Blaze, for everything."

Nicolas kissed Blaze on her forehead and turned to exit the apartment.
 
Illustra- 107th floor

:: Karen was taken aback by Haleigh's sudden movements, but she could tell that both Haleigh and Alison had reached a boiling point. This wasnt just from one event..it was a build up and Haleigh was clearly hurt and offended by Blaze while Alison felt betrayed and couldnt grasp what Blaze's problem was. even so, Karen had to do something.

Haleigh release the child. Alison, calm down.

::As Nicolas yelled back at the two women, Karen held up her hand as her cape flowed with her moves::

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE NICOLAS!

:: she demanded.::

Come back here! You're not leaving.

:: she spoke to him as a mother would her son. not meant to condescend but to get his attention.::

Everybody just CALM DOWN and step back for a moment. Get ahold of yourselves.

:: she looked among the group::

Just because i'm not a MEMBER of this team doesnt mean that I cant help you when you need it, or have you forgotten about our recenet caper at the Citadle?

:: she looked at Haleigh and Alison::

Delilah and Alison are like my daughters and becuase Blaze is Morgan's sister...I've forged a bridge of communication with her so that she doesnt have to feel like she's an outcast. Morgan is my daughter, and I've come to respect Haleigh and watch her grow as a young woman to become a valuable asset of this team and part of its family. We're ALL family and I am here to support you when you need it.

I appreciate you're trying to consider myself and Morgan but trying to hide things from me will rarely work. Besides, Alycia had already phoned me before you arrived, telling me of the problems going on. She was afraid that it might cause a problem during this reunion with Morgan and apparently she was nearly right.

:: she looked among them all.::

Thankfully, Morgan is not here to see or hear this.

Everybody SIT DOWN. We're going to talk about this TOGETHER.

:: the doctor's voice was firm, icy. she was not playing around. there was plenty of space in the sitting room on the leather sectional for them to sit down and have a sort of "round table"::

Now, in order for this issue to be addressed, we have to understand what the root of the problem is. I'm going to ask that ALISON begin. I want you all...ESPECIALLY YOU , Nicolas, to listen to her. LISTEN...do not ignore, and do not spin it the way YOU think it is supposed to sound. Sometimes listening is just as effective as talking.

When Alison is done, we will hear from Haleigh, Blaze, Delilah and finally Nicolas. Alycia is unable to be here right now as she is involved in a major information gathering project.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Haleigh still had Blaze in her grip, as Alison rounded on Nicolas and Nicolas began yelling at both of them. Haleigh turned to look at him, fixing him with a withering stare. As he neared them Haleigh began to feel claustrophobic.... threatened by the SIZE of him in relation to her... and she felt as if she was cornered, all of which triggered and instant reaction that was so instinctive she didn't even think it first. A handgun appeared in her free hand, and she aimed it directly at Nicolas, stopping him in his tracks.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!"

Haleigh snarled, still holding Blaze by the shoulder, putting herself and her gun in his path to her. Whether she fully intended to shoot him remained a mystery... but it was historically true that Haleigh didnt pull a weapon unless she fully intended to use it and at this point, her body language was so intensely violent that it seemed very likely she might. He turned to stalk off, but Karen got her bearings and took control of a situation that was rapid spinning away from everyone's grasp. Haleigh let go of Blaze, as Karen asked, and her firearm disappeared.

But doctor... you're stopping him from finishing his signature move... slinking away like a scalded hound with his tail tucked between his legs.

She thought, but didn't say out loud. The idea brought a slight smirk to her lips... she was just insidious enough to note that she didnt NEED to say it aloud because Nicolas no doubt HEARD her think it. She consented to sitting and talking about things... as Karen stood as the voice of reason. Haleigh took a deep breath and tried to calm down. The truth was, not only was she affronted by the way Blaze had reacted, she was undeniably menaced by the way Nicolas was behaving, and it was triggering both anger and her protective instincts.
 
Still sitting upon the sofa, Blaze remained aloof and distant but her ears finely turned to listen to Karen. She knew Alison and Haleigh would explain their situation at hand. But, the unthinkable happened as Haleigh lashed out. Her speed lightning fast as she grabbed Blaze and began to yell right into her face. Deja - vu creeping up into her like she had been taken into the past. Blinking her green eyes, Blaze’s wasn’t sure if this was real. Haleigh’s voice deafening any thinking pattern she may have consciously been pondering. She felt as though she were reliving a painful experience from one of her foster parents. Blaze’s body began to tremble so badly that even Haleigh shook and her eyes morphing into a fiery crimson tint. Her body temperature rising like never before and her heart sped up from the adrenaline. Her voice rising in volume with her fists tightening into balls.

"GET OFF ME!!!"

Lengthing her arm she smashed Haleigh directly in the jaw so hard it nearly knocked her off, but luckily her grip was vise - like. Blaze’s knuckles were completely red from impact of the punch. Blaze was panting heavily as things around the apartment began to ignite in flames surrounding the group. Yanking her shoulder away, Blaze forcefully pushed Haleigh backwards into Alison.

"NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!!!"

She roared to life with her eyes turning from Haleigh to Alison, and finally Karen. Shaking her head at Karen’s attempt to calm the group, Blaze had been pushed over the edge. Stepping back she felt her body explode with flickering flames, completely transferring to her natural form of fire. Any outline of her body completely disappeared into Her flaming form whizzed by each of them for the door before she returned to her human form. Yanking the door open, Blaze walked out. Taking a few steps before flaming out, where she went was anyone’s guess, but it wasn’t Illustra.
 
Last edited:
Intolerable

<< Karen's eyes widen with shock and ANGER as her mouth opens a bit. she stands up quickly. Karen was a very nurturing and understanding woman, but she was NO ONE'S push over and she would not tolerate disrespect. when it came to her daughter and her daughter's envrionment...the doctor could be deadly when protecting both.>>

How DARE YOU!

<< Karen yelled>>

You have NO right to come in here, and take the peace away from my daughter's home. If THIS is how you will behave then I will make SURE that you cannot do any more damage!

<< as the mutant begins setting things on fire in the penthouse, a rushing harp sound is heard as Karen's cape flows a bit behind her. she lifts her hands a bit and extends them forward in a gesture. Golden halos of magick surround them as Karen ignites a spell to SCRAMBLE Blaze's powers causing them to short circuit before becoming totally useless. the flames generated by her begin to flow backward and receed before finally flickering out as shards of golden energy flow around the mutant>>

My magicks can scramble your powers or ANY mutant's powers for that matter. You claim that you don't like being compared to Christopher and yet you behave more and more like him with each passing moment.

Neither I nor my daughter will be subject to it. NOW GET OUT! and do not come back here until you can CONTROL YOURSELF!

<< Karen glared at Blaze with her sapphire blue eyes..DARING her to try something as she stood there. the Doctor was deadly serious and Blaze left the 107th floor and in fact she left Illustra. Karen finally breathed out slowly, looking at the others>>

I can't believe she did this.

<< Karen's voice was cold, elegant, but there was a hint of sterness to it>>

I do not want her returning to Morgan's loft anytime soon. I want this floor sealed off from her DNA signature until i say otherwise. My daughter is not ready for this kind of negativity and I'm not going to be subject to her random outbursts.

<< sweeping the cape of her elegant black flying suit to the side, Karen slowly sits down>>

I'm sorry that things had to come to that...but I will not tolerate that kind of behavior ...not here.

We need to discuss what is going on, and deal with the problem from its roots, so if we're through with the outbursts, Alison, please begin.
 
Harbinger
Harbinger
never piss off the mother LOL! nice use of magick to control the situation
Persephone
Persephone
Karen handled that just as i imagined she would lol!
Morgan's Apartment

At the sound of Karen's voice, Nicolas froze. He was furious. Not only had Alison and Haleigh simply discarded Blaze, they seemed to intend to try to turn Dr. Victoria against him as well. But he trusted the witch's wisdon, so he turned and immediately went to find a seat. He had the utmost respect for Ororo and Karen, finding them to have been more motherly than anyone he had known, and he did not want to disappoint EITHER of them.

"Yes, maam."

Nicolas watched the outburst by Blaze and was shocked by her loss of control. He started to intervene when Karen short-circuited Blaze's powers and sent her away. He hated the outcome of events, but he understood why Dr. Victoria acted to protect Morgan.

If I had lost my child and JUST gotten her back, I may have done worse...

Nicolas sat as Dr. Victoria laid out the ground rules. He grimaced as she admonished him to listen. Unfortunately , he had heard plenty from these two alrerady but he silently vowed to give it another effort for the sake of the Doctor. He also reached out to find Blaze, concerned that she was sent away without her natural defenses.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan's penthouse- the sitting room

:: Guardian looked up at Nicolas as he stepped up to her, he was quite a bit taller than her and even with her being 5'11" and ALSO wearing heels, she had to look up. Like Haleigh, she didnt appreciate a man using his physical stature to try to intimidate and she hissed with comtempt::

GET BACK!

:: as Haleigh ordered him to stay away from them and manifested a weapon, Alison demanded he move away from her She lifted her hand and was ready to unleash her own magickally reinforced telekinetic power against him to "move" him herself, but Karen shouted above the chaos demanding that she and everyone else calm down.::

:: Alison looked back as Nicolas stepped away from them and over to Blaze, she scowled at him with a darkened countenance as Karen became the voice of reason and attempted to control the situation::

i know such spells that would shrivel his body to a whithered old husk. he's a mutant...a telepath with NO defense against magick...who does he think he's DEALING WITH!?

::unlike Haleigh, Nicolas could NOT read Alison's mind and she had MANY dark, wicked and inventive ideas on how to humiliate him. He had not seen how stone cold she could be. she had deftly engineered the death of two of her own team mates that she dearly hated..but this was over a year ago and much had changed, but here and now, she stood ready to revert FULLY back to the stone cold, "marble hard" hearted witch she was feared for being,::

:: Karen's voice was an anchor, as she watched Haleigh release Blaze, Alison quitely sate down on the area of the leather sectional nearest her. she looked down and there was the kitten, starring at her inquisitively::

you seem to be more able to handle all this loudness than your big sister Tinkerbell, eh little one?

:: as Alison breathed and slowly calmed down, she crossed her long, smooth legs at the knee. her black Calvin Klein pencil skirt pulled up a bit to give a nice view of those legs supported by the black four inch pumps she was wearing. But even as Karen attempted to work with the group, Blaze erupted again in another outburst. the kitten hissed and ran away as Alison looked up and saw things around them catching on fire::

BLAZE! what are you doing!? you are damaging your sister's penthouse!!

:: Alison moved forward, she was ready to TRUE FREEZE Blaze which would not only have suspended her temporal field and placed her in stasis but would also have encased her in a thick block of sub zero ice..rendering her totally inert for the time being. But KAREN intervened, using her magicks to scramble and short out Blaze's powers.::

:: Noting that most of the things now catching on fire were being extinguished as the result of Karen's spell, gesturing ala' "Piper Halliwell", Alison "froze" a potted plant nearby that had caught on fire, subjecting to temporal stasis and the flames were now "frozen" in time" unable to burn any further.::

:: Alison looked at Blaze with extreme disapproval as Karen ordered her out of Morgan's penthouse and demanded that she be banned from the top floor. Alison had WARNED Blaze not to do this infront of the doctor because the doctor wouldnt tolerate it but once again, Blaze hadn't listened.::

:: bowing her head a bit, Alison realized that things had gotten out of hand so fast..it was like they were back where they were a year ago and instead of it being Cameron and Haleigh that Alison and Morgan were fighting with, it was Alison and Haleigh fighting with Blaze and Nicolas.::

::sigh:: Karen, I apologize for this. I TOLD Blaze in the hallway not to do this for the moment we just experienced is what i "saw" would occurr but she didnt listen....AGAIN.

That is the whole root of this problem. Blaze AND Nicolas don't listen to anybody.

:: Alison moved back into her seat and was now ready to speak::
 
Morgan's penthouse

<< Karen looked over at Alison, nodding at her apology>>

It's allright. I know that you and Haleigh wanted to keep this under wraps, but Blaze's outbursts...they totally exacerbated the problem. It is better that she not be here until she can learn to listen and control herself. My spell will insure that she cannot use her powers to damage anything or anyone else....at least for an hour or two.

:: Karen leaned back a bit, relaxing herself and taking a less formal sitting pose but still looking elegant in her regal black flying suit.::

So, you feel that Nicolas and Blaze are not "listening." Do you find that this reminds you of the struggles you had with Haleigh and Cameron over a year ago?

:: she looked across the coffee table at Nicolas, watching his facial expression and body language as they began to talk.::
 
Morgan's penthouse- the sitting room

:: Alison looked over at Karen, her cobalt blue eyes betrayed the stress she was enduring as she replied to the doctor.::

That is EXACTLY how it feels. Look what we had to go through because of THAT....no one listened to me and then Morgan went mad and unleashed the Inferno upon us ALL. Haleigh and Blaze DIED and i nearly died trying to save my brother from Morgan. Ororo was afraid we'd never pull it together to be a team worth anything but even HALEIGH has admitted she made mistakes...we ALL have had to face that at some point or another over this time and we've LEARNED.

Nicolas comes in here and acts like he knows everything, that he needs no direction that he doesnt have to honor any protocall or ANYTHING. He disrespected Alycia and TOTALLY disregarded her warnings, he used his powers OUT IN PUBLIC against an innocent. What is to stop him from violating the minds of Haleigh, Alycia, Delilah or anyone else that doesn't have a psi screen if HE thinks its the right thing to DO!?

EVERYTHING about him reeks of arrogance..at least Cameron knew when he was in over his head...he learned to swallow his pride and it made him a better person.

:: Alison looked upon Nicolas with contempt...as she spoke louder..the tone in her voice began to crack::

Now HE is here...on my brother's floor...taking over his spot in more ways tha one and Blaze, instead of showing her loyalty to this team and the family she's risking EVERYTHING for the sake of a man she's barely known for a whole day! WHY do we need him here ANYWAY? We had a mutant telepath before, my brother Cameron...and my own telekinetic power is MAGICKAL which makes it stronger, there's nothing he can do that i CAN'T do BETTER!
why are we wasting time with this arrogant son of a bitch who thinks he's doing US a favor when I could be looking for my brother!


:: Alison turned her head from Karen and shut her eyes as tears began to weild up. she couldnt believe what just came out of her mouth...her own insecurities, her concern about not being able to locate Cameron. she hated herself on the inside, realizing that she was no longer as "stone cold" as she used to be and she CARED about her baby brother Cameron and sister Erika. His disappearence was bothering her more than she had let on before...::

:: as she struggles to pull her emotions back....she covers her eyes with her hand and speaks in a colder, more composed tone as she tried to turn the situation BACK on the actions that Nicolas took today in the park::

he violated and compromised our security today. he ignored alycia's warning about the anti mutant sentiment that is THICK in this city following Sharon Kelly's death and what he did could have been seen by ANYONE, including MALICE. He knows that he's no match for her when it comes to telepathic power and if she saw or "sensed" him..she could come for us, or send someone ELSE after us. Blaze continued to accomodate him and fanned the flame of tension making this an "us vs. them" situation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top