Business as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicolas sat and looked back at Dr. Victoria. His face was filled with disappointment that only increased as he looked over to Alison. Not only was she a poor leader so far in his eyes, she also seemed willing to misrepresent what had occurred in order to "win" this argument. He was tired of this. He had already vowed never to use his powers against these women, but they only seemed to appreciate aggression and violence. Haleigh knew he had "heard" her insults. In fact, he cared little about them, he simply had a problem in their relative lack of restraint. If he had responded to Alison and Haleigh in kind, they would have torn a good portion of this buliding apart, yet they paint HIM as unlistening and untrustworthy. He waited his turn, confident that Dr. Victoria would listen to what he had to say...
 
Morgan's sitting room

<< Karen nodded slowly, she MORE than noted Alison's deep seeded contempt for Nicolas. She was afraid for Nicolas because she KNEW what Alison was capable of if crossed. She nearly killed Haleigh and Cameron once before and the team as a whole didnt know much about Alison OUTSIDE of her time with Morgan and Illustra. They didnt realize that she had traveled the WORLD over in the pursuit of mystical knowledge. This woman had abandonned her family when she was just 15 years old. She was tough in more ways than one..but the marble hardness of her heart and soul could not stop her from growing and evolving not just as a witch but as a WOMAN a HUMAN BEING and she learned to care about her brother and sister, to care about her team mates and come to regard them as family.>>

Oh Alison....your baby brother Cameron! Why didnt i think of this BEFORE! Try as you may to hide it, i know that your deeply upset over his disappearence and the fact that you can't find him even with your powers as a seer.

<< Karen continued to listen, noting Alison's growing agitation as she let more and more out>>

its understandable, she feels that Nicolas is just inserting himself into a position that he hasnt earned. fair enough.

<< she looked over at Nicolas as Alison told her about what he did earlier in the park today>>

he may not understand just how different things are in new york city than where he was raised. he could be KILLED if he was discovered to be a mutant. Mystech as ways of overriding his powers...ALL of our powers. we've seen it happen before

<< as Alison finished, Karen reached over and took her other free hand gently...speaking softly>>

I know you're upset about Cameron and since you've all returned to your lives here...you've finally had a chance to focus in on that. I also know that YOU will do anything to hide your emotions, and your insecurities. You were much better at it BEFORE but you've changed Alison, you KNOW in your heart that its okay to NOT be a woman of stone all the time. "Alison Marble" is more than a powerfull witch and seer, she's a WOMAN..a human being with a brother and sister whom she once protected from their evil mother, Kelly King. You risked your life to protect this team and your brother from Morgan's wrath during the Inferno and you did it without wavering one instant even though some people on this team had written you off as a know it all "super bitch".

You said it yourself, you've ALL made mistakes...and WE ALL have. There are things in my life back when i was married to Christopher that i wish i could have done differently for my sake and for Morgan's...But hind sight is always 20/20. just like you were allowed to grow and learn from your mistakes, you must allow OTHERS to do that as well.

Remember how things began to change in relationship with Haleigh? remember what they were like BEFORE? You and Morgan battled BITTERLY with her...and look at you now. The two of you CARE about one another..not just as team mates..but as FRIENDS.

I have not had the chance to observe Nicolas since he's been here...and we will hear from him in a moment...

<< glancing at Nicolas who looked anxious to speak>>

and i KNOW that you and Haleigh have made necessary changes to the way security is handled at Illustra following Morgan's "death". Nicolas will have to learn, just YOU all have had to learn how to deal with each other. You must give him a chance...that doesnt mean that you let him run wildly through Illustra or the streets of New York...NOR does it mean that he is "replacing" Cameron. I don't imagine he WANTS to do ANY of those things either.

Perhaps it would better if you could place him on ANOTHER floor, or let him stay at his own place until you're more comfortable with him. Transition is never easy, Alison and I know that you've endured more than many people in this room will ever know about...but i also know that you know if NOTHING ELSE..there are always OPTIONS and more than one way of doing things. If the living arrangment is too uncomfortable for you all, then perhaps we need to find another alternative for the time being.

<< She held Alison's hand as the Seer struggled to keep herself composed. Karen knew that Alison was hurting over Cameron and that she couldnt hold it in, so rather than having everyone sit there and look at Alison, Karen nodded to Haleigh>>

Haleigh, how about you? How do you feel about what Alison has said? How do you feel about Nicolas and why? I know that his actions in Central Park were a source of concern for both your self and Alison and that is FAIR.

<< looking at Nicolas>>

since the both of you have to watch for the safety and security of Illusta..not only the secret of The Six but the COMPANY , its emlpoyees...its quite a task, one that you're more than qualified for.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan's Chamber of Dreams

:: It has been nearly two days since any member of the six had seen or heard from Persephone. She kept to herself; isolated within her new penthouse which was now completely redone to her specifications. She didn't feel the need to associate with the team members just yet, especially with the high amount of tension that filled Illustra. But as Persephone was standing outside on the balcony that branched off from her bedroom, an overwhelming feeling of warmth flushed throughout her body; a sign that Morgan had returned. It wasn'T any surprise that she would feel the same connection to Morgan as she did to DC; they were afterall a trinity of the same person, just in different timelines. It was odd however, that she would feel such need to check on this woman after only "knowing" here for mere hours. And the time she did see her, the woman was unconcious. Nevertheless, a tornado of wind englufed the goddess' body, and soon, she was gone. ::

:: Moments later a soft whistling of wind rang throughout the large bedroom as Persephone appeared in a cyclone of wind. The goddess' waist length chocolate locks blew around her body, cacooning her thin frame. As the winds faded, Persephone's hunter green eyes met with Morgan's equally beautiful violet orbs. Morgan obviously shocked at the Persephone's sudden appearence. ::

"Do not be alarmed."

:: Raising her hand forward to ease Morgan, Persephone's soothing English accent further showed that she was not here to harm Morgan, nor cause her any more distress. ::

"I am Persephone. I helped rescue you from Master Mold."
 
Morgan's penthouse, the chamber of dreams

<< Morgan had been sitting "indian style" on her extremely large circular bed. Craddling her familiar, Tinkerbell in her arms, Morgan cuddled with the siamese...and looked around occasionally. she felt lost, she didnt know WHY she was here, and inspite of all the preparation that Karen and Ororo had given her in Limbo, she didnt feel any TRUE connection to this place or these other people whom she had "met' today.>>

<< she felt very disturbed in her mind...as she couldnt understand why she had no idea of who she was...it was like being cast adrift onto the ocean with no purpose>>

Why am i here kitty?

<< she said as she snuggled with Tinkerbell. the cat purred contently as she was held by her mistress.>>

My mother...Ororo....why did they send me here?

<< she wondered aloud. Tinkerbell turned her head and became uneasy as aa mysterious woman appeared in Morgan's chamber of dreams. her ears perked up as Morgan too turned to look. It was Persephone!>>

<< Morgan let tinker down onto the bed and the familiar immediately focused on Persephone with her tail standing up and her ears back slightly. Morgan herself scrambled off the bed to stand and face Persephone, using the bed to keep distance between them. But the mysterious woman lifted her hand and spoke softly with an english accent, attempting to reassure Morgan that she meant no harm.>>

You weren't out there with the others...

<< Morgan replied in an icy voice>>

My mother didn't mention you. Where did you come from? How do you know about Master Mold?

<< Morgan looked upon the woman with a direct curiosity. she didnt seem like the others. there was no "magick" about her like Alison, but she wasnt a mutant either. she seemed to be "seperated" from the others.>>
 
:: Looking to the small cat, Persephone smiled softly to the animal, her eyes meeting directly with the felines. Although normally very put off by strangers, Persephone bent her knees and lowered herself to the ground, keeping her eyes connected with Tinkerbells. Softly clicking her tongue on the rough of her mouth, she watched as the small cat tilted her head to the side before perking her ears up. Persephone's pull over animals instantly attracted the cat to her as she reached her hand out; Tinkerbell immediately striding forward toward her. ::

"Beautiful familiar you have."

:: Scooping Tinkerbell up into her arms, Persephone stood, stroking the soft coat and instantly feeling the animal's muscles go limp. Looking to Morgan, Persephone nodded at her question, seeing the urgancy and curiousity that radiated from her eyes. ::

"I am not of you're world. I come from your counter, Darkchilde's timeline. I was brought to your timeline to help rescue you."

:: Looking down at Tinkerbell once more, Persephone ran her fingers under the feline's chin's hearing her purr grow louder. ::

"I know my word means nothing to you, but I am not here to upset you. I only wished to see how you were."

:: Gently placing Tinkerbell back down on the ground, Persephone stood once more; her eyes meeting with Morgan's. ::
 
Chamber of dreams

<< Morgan watched as Tinkerbell took kindly to Persephone. That had to be a good sign. Familiars could sense if someone was malevolent or not and Tinker was not one to abide the touch of an enemy. Morgan's facial expression relaxed a bit as she watched Persephone interact with Tinker. Hearing Persephone's comment on the beauty of the siamese cat.>>

Thank you....

<< Persephone was NOT of this world...she came from another time...with...>>

Darkchilde?

<< she thought for a moment. she remembered Ororo's words about a multiversal "trinity" of which SHE was apart of. a unique energy signature shared by three women ONLY in all of time and space...Darkchilde was the crown jewel of the trinity.>>

Do you know...Ororo, my honored mother?

<< Morgan's icy voice was less hostile..a bit softer in tone.>>

I...don't remember anything really...I'm here with my mother, but everything else seems foreign. I'm supposed to be here, but I don't feel anything for any one i've "met" so far.
 
"Yes I know Ororo. I had an Ororo of my own in my timeline....She was--she was a wonderful woman."

:: Lowing her eyes as the images of Ororo's death filled her mind, Persephone pressed her lips together, inhaling a drawn out breath. Looking to Spellbinder once more, what she spoke of was the exact way Persephone felt. So out of place in this world. A world filled with people who don't understand, nor care, about what she is going through. Morgan was living through the same hell. Nodding Persephone stepped forward sensing Morgan become less tense. ::

"I, of all people, can understand what you are going through Morgan. During a horrible battle, placed in Limbo, in my timeline, Ororo cast me to stone to save my life while my team mates went on fighting. They all died....and I awoke 25 years later and was brought to a world I know nothing about, with people whom I know nothing about."

:: Feeling Tinkerbell brush up against her black slacks, the cat began to do figure eights between her legs as Persephone stood, facing Morgan. ::

"You feel out of place, rightfully so. Don't rush your transition...you need time to rest. To adjust. And I do apologize for disturbing you....I just. I feel a certain connection with you. You are apart of Darkchilde, and Darkchilde was a sister to me. I respect her. I love her. And I am loyal to her. As I will be to you."

:: Persephone felt no desire to be kind to the other members of the six. Or even associate with them. Frankly she found them all to be full of hot air. But Spellbinder was different. She felt the need to be respectful and kind to her; and to help her. Not only because it felt right, but because she knew Darkchilde would want her to. ::
 
Karma
Karma
very nice post. definately a heartfelt moment for Persephone!
Chamber of Dreams

<< Morgan was surprised to hear of another Ororo in an alternate timeline...an Ororo who did not survive! Morgan didnt have a connection to anything around her on earth except her Mother and Ororo in Limbo and she knew how devastated she would be if she had lost either one. She felt sympathy AND empathy for Persephone. To wake up 25 years later to find all of your friends dead...and you being the only one left...it must have been DREADFULL!>>

<< Morgan wondered about Darkchilde and what ever became of her....and as Persephone offered understanding and encouragement, Morgan looked down for a moment, before looking back up to meet eyes with Persephone as she apologized for disturbing her>>


It's allright, Thank you for your kindness. The kindness of strangers, as Ororo and my mother have told me, can be as precious as a rare jewel. I've only been here for a day and already i long to go back to Limbo, to be in Ororo's garden. I can't remember ANYTHING about my former life, they tell me that is to be expected but i feel empty right now and I don't know how to fix it or even if i can.


<< she paused for a moment>>

Do you live here too? My mother said that the others...the ones out there in the other part of my penthouse all live here on various floors below this one. If you're here in Illustra, that must mean you are apart of this "Six" as well?

I'm not well enough to venture out right now, but maybe we can...help each other.

<< TRULY out of character for Morgan, as her "old self" would never be this friendly, the sorceress could see that Persephone was having her own troubles in transition. In an odd sort of way...it was helpfull to Morgan to find someone who TRULY understood as they were living it. Ororo and Karen hadn't factored in Persephone because they knew she would stay to herself for a long while before even attempting to interact with the group, but once again Persephone was showing that she had moments where she would surprise them.>>
 
:: Nodding, Persephone appriciated the gesture of help that Spellbinder offered. She knew it was out of her element, as was Persephone being kind. But perhaps this was a start to a new friendship. ::

"I would like that."

:: Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Persephone nodded to Spellbinder and gave her a small smile. :

"I'll leave you to rest. Goodnight Spellbinder."

:: Winds began to sweep throughout Morgan's bedroom as a tornado englufed Persephone. And as quickly as she was there, she was gone; leaving only a soft breeze to linger throughout the bedroom. ::
 
a new friendship is made...and issues are worked on

<< and with that, Morgan was left to ponder the mysterious woman who had visited her, and through her kind words and encouragment, had helped Morgan to feel a little better about the enormity of her situation. She felt a sense of direction in an otherwise vast and empty space....and trite as it may seem, she felt that like Mary Tyler Moore...."she was gonna make it after all!" :D >>

<< Morgan's blonde, double highlighted hair blew a bit in the winds as she sat down on her bed and the lingering breeze faded, Tinkerbell jumped on the bed beside her mistress and cranked her neck her little nose twitching as she enjoyed the flowing wind. Looking over at Tink, Morgan stroked her siamese cat's head gently.>>

Spellbinder said:
yes, Tink. I think we have found a new friend too.


<< meanwhile, back out in another area of the large, spacious penthouse, Dr. Victoria was working with Alison, Haleigh, Delilah and Nicolas. Trying to help them sort through this personal problem they were having. Blaze had departed, sent away by the doctor after her seond outburst nearly caused severe damage to the penthouse and posed a danger to the team and inhabitants there in. Her powers were now scrambled by Karen's magick and she had apparently left Illustra for the time being. Her hot temper has prooven to be a disservice before...a pity that Blaze did not remember that at THIS moment>>

<< and so it continues on...>>
 
Haleigh was taken by surprise as Blaze lashed out and hit her, and while the suckerpunch connected and Halegh recoiled, her body composition was so dense that it hardly affected her. She was more prepared as Blaze tried to shove her back into Alison, and planted her feet to counter Blaze. Blaze left in a fit, with Karen admonishing her to leave and not return until her tantrum was under control. Haleigh folded her arms across her chest as Alison sat down and began to speak.... Haleigh went over and stood by the panoramic windows, looking out over the city pensively. What Alison said about Cameron struck Haleigh to the core... because it mirrored the way she felt as well. She was comforted in knowing that she wasn't the ONLY one who felt they should be doing something about his mysterious disappearance. Karen addressed what Alison had to say, rebutting that Nicolas would never take Cameron's place and probably didn't WANT to do so.... and prompted Haleigh to voice her own opinion on what Alison had said, and on Nicolas himself. Haleigh stared out the window and almost appeared to not hear her... but seconds later she spoke.

"A part of me will ALWAYS be searching for Cameron.... waiting for Cameron. However misguided we both were... he was a good man, and possibly the best thing that could have happened to me when I joined the Six. He was always by my side. It would be an INSULT to Cameron's memory to compare him to Nicolas."

She said quietly, still staring out the window. She turned around to face the group, her face calm but stern.

"I'll tell you how I feel about Nicolas. I feel he's DANGEROUS, and I dont trust him. And it's not even because he's a man.... I love men. But HE thinks we should immediately receive him as our saviour... and acts hurt when we dont... but just LOOK at his behaviour so far. He thinks we should just blindly accomodate him, and meanwhile, he's exposing himself as a mutant to an INNOCENT. He's LUCKY that innocent was my operative... and that Alison and I could do damage control. He wants to act like I WRONGED him by having him followed, but i did that for his OWN safety AND for OURS."

She turned to make direct eye contact with Nicolas.

"You think you're the ONLY one? You think I don't have people out there RIGHT NOW, looking for Blaze? You think ANY of US leave Illustra without a security detail? There are surviellance cameras in EVERY room and EVERY hallway of Illustra's residential floors... and there is ALWAYS someone watching. The rest of us have learned... in the interest of SAFETY... anything and everything can be sacrificed.... INCLUDING privacy.... so you'd better just GET USED to being watched."

Haleigh turned back to Karen, driving her point home. It was clear that however she felt about Cameron's disappearance, and no matter WHAT she thought about Nicolas personally, the decisions SHE made this morning were well thought through and all business.

"At one point or another this year, I have LOST each and every one of you, including Morgan and Blaze. Most recently... I nearly lost you ALL... and it was a reality that was more than I could bear. I WILL NOT go through that again. I will do WHATEVER is necessary to protect us and our identities... and if Nicolas CONTINUES to upset the balance that I have set up to INSURE our safety... then I will have to take measures to BE RID of him.... and I'm sure that I will have, at the very least, Alison's support when I do that. This is NOT about power plays or personal stakes, or who is better than who. This is about us making DAMN SURE that our asses are covered. Nicolas should ALREADY know his place among us... and he should RESPECT us because we have been doing this for a long time... if he chooses not to then that will be HIS problem... but the fact remains that WE will not trust him until he gives us good reason to do so."
 
Morgan's sitting room

<< gently squeezing Alison's hand, Karen nodded to her, thanking her for being honest about her feelings. it was understandable why she was so resistant to nicolas for more than one reason..the most PAINFULL being the many comparisons between Nicolas and Cameron, not to mention Alison's general dislike for men.>>

<< As Haleigh began to speak, Karen looked over at the mutant who was near the panoramic floor to ceiling window. she watched Haleigh's body language, noting her facial expressions as she spoke on her feelings about nicolas. Karen shifted in her spot a bit, getting more comfortable as she related more casually to those in her presence>>

<< Nodding slowly, Karen listened.>>

She and Alison are concerned for the safety and security of this team. They've been through so much, more than any normal person could bare. Haleigh probably could use private counseling after this, i could use my magicks to reach deeper. I will speak to her about it privately.

<< Karen noted the logic and reasoning behind Haleigh's position. it was not unreaonsable. Karen compared her fears to someone nearly drowning in a pool. after they recover they will take ALL precautions necessary to avoid that happening again.>>

You have all developed a close bond over the last year, you've experienced more trauma and loss than most people would imagine and you've all LIVED to tell about it. After these recent events with Malice and Blackout, events whose scope even Alison , a SEER couldnt totally prepare for , it is MORE than understandable for you to have taken the position you have, Haleigh.

We've seen the change in the social climate not just in New York but around the country regarding Mutants and Metahumans. We lost a great deal when we lost Sharon..not just an honorable woman and a close friend, but someone who did more for mutant rights on her own than most of her peers in congress have in over a decade. Her death not only hastened a backlash against MysTech but also against Mutants.

<< looking at Nicolas>>

Malice struck this team at its core, bypassing most of its defenses. that was UNDERSCORED by the betrayal of Alexis Quatermaine aka Shockwave/Blackout who became a deadly menace to her former team mates and joined forces with Malice and THIS was all on the heels of Sharon and Morgan's deaths. One assault after the other.

Trauma that happens back to back like that can errode even the most stoic << looking at haleigh>> or the most aloof << looking at alison>> or even the most well adjusted << looking at delilah>>. It can cause a person to become almost TOO vigilant about other areas of their lives to find a sense of control where there seems to be none. OR it can cause them to lose focus, to fall into a depression...<< which is what happened to Delilah in limbo>>

Haleigh and Alison were named co-leaders as according to Morgan's last will and testament which was executed by Alycia several months ago. Since that time they have had to deal with SO MUCH. Alison died, the city was utterly destroyed...at one point ONLY Haleigh and Blaze were left and had it not been for Ororo both they and myself would have been lost.

So now, on the other side of that...having seen her loved ones returned to her and the city given another chance at life, Haleigh is INTENT on making sure that she does everything she can to prevent something like that from happening again.

Its a very FAIR position to take.

But, the trick is to not become so focused on that..to the exclusion of all else....including allowing someone the chance to acclimate into the team so that they may HELP you.

You know that Ororo would not have allowed him to be here among you, she wouldnt have called on him to HELP ME if she did not know that he had the potential to be an asset to this team. That's not to say that you should blindly trust him OR just roll over for him, but its like coming with a good reference, it allows you to give him a decent chance. You fill him in on what is required, what is expected and preferred and he follows those things accordingly AND you allow him to find his own way through this experience as long as it doesnt jeopardize the team's security and safety, Illustra Inc. etc.

The key here is to not repeat what happened a year ago. don't let this be about "us vs. them". you will waste valuable time and energy among yourselves and you could actually become MORE VULNERABLE this way to outside sources.

<< looking back at Nicolas>>

When Alycia called me today, she seemed echo what Haleigh just said. It sounds like you're not having a very easy time around here and that you're not getting on well with your new team mates. THAT can happen to anyone. being the "new person" is never easy, but are you making it HARDER than it has to be? do you truly appreciate the GRAVITY of the situation that you are now apart of?

What's your side of the story, Nicolas?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas thought deeply for a moment as he took in the position of haleigh and Alison and listened further as Dr. Victoria explained the events behind their positions. He tooka deep breath and sat upright aas he spoke.

"I will be the first to admit that I do not know everything about being here. I would appreciate it if someone took the time to speak to me of what is expected. I would not have come here if I did not believe in what I understand to be our purpose and was not committed to it. The problem for me has been that NO ONE even made the most perfunctory effort to welcome me to the group, to try to engage me in real conversation to see who I really was except Blaze. And for that she has been accused of being foolish, derided and threatened by the group's co-leaders, and finally provoked verbally and physically in this very apartment when the focus should have been Morgan ALONE. I find it disconcerting that Alison forsaw this eventuality and did nothing to stop her own mouth and Haleigh's hands from provoking a person who everyone at this table knows can lose control if provoked enough. That is why I offered to leave. For someone to lose their family because of me is unthinkable. For that reason I offered to leave.
As for the security affair, if anyone had said to me that it was protocol to be tailed, then I would have had no problem. But what do YOU do when you realize that you are being followed and someone has tried to KILL you TWICE in the last 24 hours? I found him, DISCREETLY wiped him clean of tailing me, and sent him back to his master, who had the time to have me tailed but not to tell me the what or why of it.
In general, since I have come here, I have been accused of being dangerous, arrogant, cavalier, and not serious about my involvement on this team, all without any ACTS on which to base those opinions. But instead of speaking to me as a person, which is what serious people do in these situations, I have been physicaly threatened, racially slurred and denigrated by those who do not know me. This team is led by a seer who knows who I am through her own precog, who must know that I have taken a meditative vow to never take up arms against a member of the Six, yet who ignores the depth of her own powers to treat me as a threat without provocation or cause. I have had my past searched and my body analyzed, yet no one thinks they even should take the time to tell me a bit about themselves!!
Look Dr. Victoria, I respect you and Ororo. I never had a mother, and you two in a very short time are closer than any I have ever had. Out of love and respect for you two, Senator Kelly, and my father I am willing to suffer much and work hard to be a part of this team. But I demand to be treated with basic human respect and decency. I am not the help around here, I am NOBODY on this team's 'boy' ***looks at Haleigh*** and I do not think it too much to be informed about what is expected of me and what is going on as it pertains to the Six. If there was an issue about where I would stay, I could have easily stayed somewhere else. Don't keep me here and treat me like crap. I haven't done anything to deserve that and I am not putting up with it anymore.
As for how useful I can be to this team, You won't know until you try me , now will you? I am sure that my NON-MAGICAL abilities ***looks at Guardian*** will be up to your very high standards. This is not about need. This is about what was deemed best. I can be a part of a team. I am competent, I am well-trained, and I want to be here. But I have to know that I am going to get a fair shake with these two AND Alycia and, so far, they have other ideas."


Nicolas sat looking back at Dr. Victoria. The disappointment on his face was apparent. He had been really trying to be a part of this group, but he felt it may have already slipped away..
 
Morgan's sitting room

<< Dr. Victoria nodded as she listened to Nicolas. clearly he was at his wits end, which she could understand all things considered but he didnt really answer HER question...he took this as a moment to speak his mind yes, but did he REALLY understand what was going on?>>

I think your living arrangment is the smaller issue. obviously you have considerable resources of your own and even if you didnt, there would always be the option of "King Towers" which is the luxurious high rise hotel owned by Alison's brother Cameron.

There have been times past where several members of the Six had to live "off site" for the benefit of peace among the team, especially when Morgan wanted nothing to do with Cameron and Haleigh.

We'll decide what's best as far as where your personal base of operations will be soon enough, but for now I want to talk about something else.

You never REALLY answered my question. Do you UNDERSTAND the reason why Alison and Haleigh feel as they do? Aside from the UNEXPECTED coincidence of you sharing the last name of Alison's baby brother, you ALSO are a mutant telepath/telekinetic...the same as he was. You are staying on his former floor of Illustra and in his luxury apartment.

It was at BLAZE'S invitation, something she didnt bother to clear with Alison and Haleigh...and there is such a thing as protocall. That's not YOUR fault, you didnt know either way but SHE should have checked with them first.

As for the dynamic between Haleigh/Alison and Blaze, Blaze has never been one to listen to Alison's warnings. It was because of this that SHE died during the Inferno. Only through the myterious workings of the Seige Perilous was she brought back recently so let's not use HER as a blaming piece against Alison....that is not your concern right now.

The issue here is YOU and your being able to succeed with this team and THEIR being able to adjust to and with you.

Think about what happens when you go to college for the first time as a freshman or even joining the military and going to boot camp. There are changes YOU have to make. You have to observe, you have to listen and take in what's going on...learn about the people and the envrionment around you.

These women here went through the same thing with EACH OTHER in the beginings of this team and believe me..it was not pretty for anybody. But here they are now. We're trying to work through this NOW so that YOU won't have to go through the same painfull transitions that they did with one another.

I'm still not clear on if you realize whether or not that your presence...EVERYTHING about you is unsettling to these women. Sometimes "KNOWING" and FEELING/UNDERSTANDING or two different things.

Alison may be a seer and Haleigh may be an expert at security and surveilance but it has not been THAT LONG since the trauma that they've gone through. they are operating on heigtened levels of anxiety, uncertainty and lower levels of trust. Aside from recent deaths, This team was BETRAYED by one of their own and nearly destroyed by that woman. What made it worse was that Alison "saw" it coming but being a precog doesnt always mean she can CHANGE what is coming.


Another one of their number is MISSING and all efforts to locate him have failed. Now, they have Morgan back but we all see that she is not well right now...she doesnt remember anyone except me...she doesnt even remember her life as it was.

Alison and Haleigh dont want to lose her or anyone else...they just want to make sure that Illustra and all there in are SAFE so that we can all recover and continue to move forward. That's not too much to ask is it?

Your "presentation" to these women my be "TOO MUCH" and while I am NOT condoning the mistreatment of yourself for one moment...I know them well enough to know that when they fell endangered, threatened or cornered, they will attack and they will do whatever they can to neutralize that "threat."

You have to "meet them half way" Nicolas. They have to feel and BELIEVE what you tell them, not by your words alone..because words are not always subtantial.

no big speeches, no "you should know this, or know that." No "i'm doing this for the sake of ororo, sharon and my father." because all that does is REINFORCE their feelings that you feel you are doing THEM a favor. Learn to listen and not be so quick to retort and rebut everything. sometimes you must think outside of yourself. that's a lesson we ALL need to remain mindfull of.


The REALITY is that your destiny would have been cut short were it not for Ororo. You needed to be brought to The Six to CONTINUE your destiny and reach new levels.



This will take TIME and it will take HONESTY...I think that we will have to have SEVERAL MORE "meetings" and I will have to mediate them because right now there is no bridge between you three.

<< she looks among them>>

Alison and Haleigh have revealed their concerns and insecurities. They were plaintive and up front. I understand you're frustrated now but all I've heard is "what they should know" or "all they had to do was" or "it should be assumed that".

Now before ANYBODY ELSE retorts or rebuts Nicolas' statements, Let's hear from Delilah. What are your thoughts on this situation?

After we've heard from here, then I'd like Nicolas to respond to what I just put before him as well as everyone's thoughts. no big speeches, no spinning, just the plain, honest truth. You can reveal YOUR concerns and insecurities. your feelings about what you know so far and if you like to be able to learn MORE and understand and if you're willing to meet them half way.


<< Looking at Nicolas, Karen spoke with a clear, elegant voice, but there was a "no nonsense" sound to it as well. She didnt have any problems with Nicolas, and she understood his armor was up but that wasnt going to help anything right now. She wanted there to be a meeting of the minds>>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan's penthouse

[ Delilah sighed. So quick to turn on everyone. So quick to put up walls and lash out from behind them. She considered what had gone on in this little "meeting" so far for a few moments in silence. She stood with her arms crossed and turned to face the group at large. She spoke softly. ]

"Respect must be earned."

[ She looked around the room at each face before continuing, more loudly now. ]

"Fancy speeches and martyr complexes accomplish nothing. Is it not possible, Nicolas, that your abrasive attitude could be partially to blame? And Alison, Haleigh - is it not possible that you are being unduly suspicious without just cause?"

[ She turned to Nicolas. ]

"I do think that caution is necessary now, for us. We don't know you - and we must question your appearance here. We must. For our safety and that of those we care about. And would you want us to be any different, really, when it is your safety put into our hands?

I don't trust you, I admit it plainly. But I will give you the opportunity to earn that trust. But you need to meet us half way..."
 
Morgan's Apartment

Nicolas listened to Dr. Victoria and then to Delilah. He waited and pondered further response before answering.

"My biggest concern is that here, I am the outsider and I may always be. I am male, new, and Black. I am pressed into a situation in order to continue my destiny as you have described it with others who could give a damn if I lived or died it seems. I couldn't even get off the roof before the TEAM LEADER threatened my life. The co-leader has been the queen of slurs. It hurts a lot because in order to prove myself I would have walked through hell and back if either of them needed it. But they couldn't even give me a chance.
Do you REALLY know why I jumped at the chance to be in this gathering??? Because I am TIRED of being ALL ALONE. Just as everyone here has lost someone, I lost my father. There is no finding him or changing the past, and he was ALL THAT I HAD IN THIS WORLD. Then Ororo appeared to me like a goddess giving me the chance to be accepted, understood through common circumstances, loved maybe one day. So I came and met wonderful, strong, respected, vibrant, beautiful young women . I was elated. Then I find that the group resents me for what I can do nothing about??!! I can't help it if Cameron had similar powers, or if men have hurt this team before, or if this is my first time in a group.
***Turns to Delilah*** I appreciate that you do not trust me Delilah. I am grateful that you see fit to give me an opportunity to earn your trust, because these two ***points to Haleigh and Alison*** have not. And I fear that they never will, and will hide behind their own fears and insecurities to do so."

Nicolas rose from the chair and turned from the group, he was clearly distraught . He only wanted to be a part and this situation wasgetting the better of his normally calm exterior.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
XS - Back Office.

After having stormed out from Morgan's penthouse in Illustra, Blaze had disappeared outside of the protection of the building. She was merely half - way through her dimensional change due to her flaming affect, but as she attempted to retreat golden hues of halo's surrounded her. The golden specks zapping at Blaze like that of a sluggish feeling that scrambled her power.

Her eyes transfiguring between crimson and sage, she was in the back office of XS. The club was closed for the time being. Slumping down the wall with a grimace she stared blankly at her hands in disbelief. She felt the heat exit her body completely leaving her with a bitter chill. Her chest still heaving from the suddenness of everything between Alison, Haleigh, and now Karen.

She recalled Karen's enraged voice demanding she get out. So much for that truce between them. Even with her fire power temporarily scrambled, Blaze still felt raging, almost like a rabid dog. Kicking down a few crates of alcohol, shattering them as the stench of alcohol seeped through the back office.

Brushing back a few soaked locks, she felt destructive and it showed. Out of all the Six, Blaze had the most difficulty controlling her temper. Pulling back the swivel chair, she sat down in a heap. Shaking her head she felt like the whole world had betrayed her, even though that was false. Blaze didn't comprehend her teammates actions or their need to protection. Her past re - surfacing once again as she stared aimlessly at the white wall. Flashbacks spilling into her memory banks.

FLASHBACK

"BLAZE, damnit! I told you half an hour ago to get me a beer!" Yelled the raspy voice of a large man with a beer belly and balding. The odor of cigarettes, booze, and cheap cologne nearly choked a young Blaze, who was only ten years old.

Blaze: "I'm sorry...I ummm...I aghh...."

Gregory lunged at her, yanking her shoulder blades to pull her forward. Blaze's frail body pulled towards her foster father. His large hand striking her across the cheek with a sickening thud. Blaze's delicate face bright with red from the strike. His breath sickening her as he roared in her face.

Gregory: "LOOK at me! You know your mother was a little WHORE! Everyone knew it!"

His voice echoing in the small apartment building. His fingertips nearly digging into Blaze's small shoulders. "You OBEY me, when I call you, you come!" His fingertips curling around her long chocolate pig - tails. "You HEAR me, girl?" He yelled close to her ear with Blaze's green eyes leaking hot tears. "You know your SELFISH! This isn't about you! So stop crying! You think if you cry the world is gonna save you?"

He nearly spat in Blaze's face with his horrid laugh that shook his robust form. Scratching the back of his bald head. Only a small portion of his reseeding hair - line was visible and it appeared to be greasy. "If it weren't for your BASTARD father, you wouldn't be interfering with our life. Instead I'm stuck baby - sitting a rugrat like you! I saw you yesterday with that girl across the hall. Her family is trash, so don't be lying to me saying your at school because THAT I know is a lie!" He tugged harder on Blaze's pigtail with her eyes red from crying.

"SHUT UP BLAZE!" He backhanded her across the mouth. This set Blaze off with her mouth bleeding. Grabbing for the computer keyboard on the desk next to her she smashed it across Gregory's face with everything she had. His anguish doubled and his rage, making Blaze bolt from him.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH!!" Rushing to the doorway, Blaze's foster mother just walked in the door from work, hearing the commotion. Running inside she saw Blaze run and hug her waist crying, pointing to the computer room. Bette could see it was her husband again, and this time she had it.

Gregory stomping out of the room to see his wife and Blaze. "Fucking bitch! Your going back to the hell you came from." Bette shielded Blaze behind her, "you'll do NO such thing Gregory, now get out!" Bette grabbed the baseball bat tucked in the corner of the room, holding a firm grip on the bat. "Now, your on HER side, that little shit!"

Gregory's chubby face dripped with blood from the damage Blaze had inflicted. Her tiny frame trembled behind her step mother. Sirens rang in the background, Bette not taking any chances. "GET OUT!"

Blaze watched on, hoping her foster Dad would leave quietly. He shook his head with a laugh walking towards them. "STOP!" Yelled Bette, who raised the bat in defense. His large form charging for the skinny blonde, who in a way looked like a future Morgan.

"FREEZE!!" Yelled one of the Police Officers, a gun raised to Gregory, other Officers joining inside to secure Blaze and Bette.


END FLASHBACK

Snapping out of her flashback, Blaze still trembled with her green eyes wide with fear. Haleigh's aggressiveness caused something painful to resurface for the mutant. Shuddering at the memory she felt herself rocking in the chair. She had forgotten that atrocious memory, until now.

Biting down on her nails she remembered all the trips to the 'mental doctor' that Bette told her about. It took several sessions for Blaze to overcome her distrust of men and abuse. Now, it was like an old scar having been picked. It would bleed through.
 
Illustra- 107th floor, Morgan's sitting room

<< Karen sat forward a bit. Delilah offered a very objective and reasonable perspective on the matter. BOTH sides were too polarized and she saw it just as Karen did. However, Karen wanted Nicolas to come forth a bit more, and finally he did. She nodded as he continued on. when he finished, Karen spoke with a reaffirming tone.>>

Good. That's something solid there.

<< she looked at Alison and Haleigh and then back at Nicolas as he pointed at them. Shaking her head with disapproval>>

Don't try to intimidate them with body language, Nicolas. It's not necessary and will only WIDEN the rift we are trying to narrow and dont write them off by saying what they WONT DO, because that is not what YOU want THEM to do to you is it?

BOTH SIDES need to find it whithin themselves to give the other a chance. Delilah has provided a clear, accurate and fair analysis of the situation.

Nicolas, you HAVE been prone to making big speeches and talking AT these women. telling them what they "should know" or "should be able to figure out" or that "they need to do this and that" because you say so or because of what someone else said and that is not your place. NO ONE wants to be preached at, especially by the new comer.

Alison and Haleigh, your position is very much a burden that you both have to share. you have to protect the security of Illustra Inc AND keep our secret safe. You've lost MUCH and youve suffered through things that even military men couldnt have survived and so its to be expected that you may become more extreme in your methods as an adjustment reaction BUT while its OKAY to be cautious and wary of a new arrival...it is NOT okay to threaten him with bodily harm , or use racially charged slurs. You both know better than that and you've seen how much time and energy it can waste in your own past as the original Six began to pull together.

Nicolas, you have to reach out just as you expect THEM to and BOTH sides have to understand that OF COURSE there's "risk" involved. there's that uncertainty that comes with "stepping out on a limb" but thats part of ALL relationships. No one starts off knowing the other person through and through.



<< she stood up, walking past Delilah and subtlely giving her a "tumbs up" for her perceptive remark as she walked over to nicolas and reached up to put her hand on his back. She spoke now with a more nurturing tone as she gently rubbed his back once to remind him that he was okay>>

Ororo didnt make a mistake, you HAVE your chance...it hasnt slipped away, you just have to try a different approach!

you understand what it is to lose a family member, someone you care about...thats something you have in COMMON with most of the people in this room! don't hide behind your wealth, your experience and your powers...IDENTIFY with these people so that they can understand you.

<< walking over to Haleigh and Alison, Karen faced them both as she took one hand of each them in her own hands. smiling at them.>>

You two have done a wonderfull job despite what we've been through. You'll NEVER be completely invulnerable or insulated from danger and threats...even if your a precog or a highly trained super spy. Just like you learned to trust each other and care about each other...you're going to have to give Nicolas that chance as well and HE will most definately endeavor to EARN your trust, and respect and I'm sure he would LOVE to have your FRIENDSHIP as well!

<< as she let go of their hands, she moved away toward the center of the sitting room and she turned around. the cape of her regal black flying suit flowed behind her and she was now centrally located among all four of them>>

you guys dont have to fight with one another, just TAKE YOUR TIME with each other. communicate, be open and honest. don't be in a race to out do one another or try to "control" one another.

<< Karen finished and waited, allowing for anyone to respond>>
 
Harbinger
Harbinger
excellent post. the doctor really knows how to keep it together.
As Dr. Victoria touched his back he turned slowly to face her. He smiled in spite of the situation at the care she showed him in that small gesture.

She always seems to know what to say. Although I will be hard pressed not to be intimidating when I am a foot taller than most of my teammates. I will have to work at it.

He faced Alison and Haleigh.

"I apologize for invading your personal space earlier Haleigh and for any gestures that may have been threatening. I am a bit demonstrative at times and I clearly will have to work on that. All I ask is, please, let me know what you want from me. If you do not want me on Cameron's floor, then I will be elsewhere, whether it is in Blaze's apartment where I am currently or away from Illustra if you so choose. I am tired of fighting, and arguing, and strife. If you need time, that is what I have in abundance just...please...try to give me a chance. Any information you do not already have I will give. Any tests you require, I will undergo. I simply want to go to bed at night knowing that I can have a chance at what I have seen you all share in my short time here. That is something that only you guys can give me."

Nicolas stood with his arms palms out to indicate nonagression, hoping that they could at least come to some truce.
 
XS - Illustra

A couple of hours passed by for Blaze who was nursing old wounds. She wondered if she should check into a hotel or return to Illustra. Standing up from the chair, she managed to clean up the debris she had caused. Stepping out of her private office she walked through the main entry of the club. Her eyes recalling the glitter that often fell upon the dancing patrons.

The mutant knew she would return to work soon, but for now she needed to sleep it off. Turning around she planned to exit through the front entrance of the club. Locking up she spun around to see Vivica standing closely behind her. A bright smile written across her ebony lips. She wore a white turtleneck and white slacks with matching pumps. Her hair was straight that fell to the middle of her back.

"Hey Blaze."

She greeted, noticing Blaze seemed on edge. "Are you all right Blaze?" Blaze had been surprised to see her lover. "Yeah, I just I wasn't expecting to see you." Vivica nodded walking side by side Blaze, "I wanted to personally thank you for the roses you sent me."

A small smile written across her face, Blaze had forgotten about that. "I was hoping to take you up on that coffee." Blaze could use a distraction right now, thus, why she welcomed the invitation. "Sounds great."

Vivica wrapped her arm loosely through Blaze's arm, "Good, I was thinking Starbucks?" Blaze grinned, it was her favorite coffee shop. "Its a date." Blaze smiled back. The two chatting over coffee at Starbucks. Blaze was surprised to find the two shared similar interests with one large difference, Vivica was a human, something Blaze knew. Being a mutant would be kept secret between the two. Blaze discussed her past with Gregory and Vivica willingly listened, sharing her own horror stories.

The two walked from a nearby Starbucks to Illustra. "Damn girl, who do you think you are Donald Trump living up there?" Blaze broke out in a laughter with a nod, "Yeah, a person could get lost." Vivica cab was waiting for her while the two said good -- bye. "Thanks for the coffee, Blaze." Leaning in Vivica pecked Blaze's cheek sweetly, laughing at the lip gloss she left. "Woops." Blaze blushed with a smile returning the kiss to Vivica cheek.

"So Ms. Fielding I expect you to call me." Blaze grinned, "I will, and thanks for listening." Vivica could see Blaze had been through a lot, "anytime." With a wave, Vivica retreated to her cab for home. Blaze walked inside Illustra, her spirits and mood had drastically lifted. At least she had someone to listen without judging her.

She returned to her suite, quietly slipping inside. Despite how happy she felt her thoughts lingered on Haleigh. Blaze had never seen her friend that way before, and in a way it was somewhat intimidating. Blaze would apologize to each of them but for now she would keep her distance. Flopping down on her couch, Blaze couldn't remember the last time she felt this spark for someone. Vivica was indeed special and it wasn't her acting ability either. Blaze couldn't pinpoint it but she yearned to learn more.

Glancing at the clock, she figured Nicolas was still in a meeting with the others. Laying down on the couch, she curled under the blanket. While the team made progress, Blaze seemed to backtrack but perhaps Vivica would bring new light to her tainted fire.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top