The Parthenon
<< Morgan looks at Haleigh>>
So you have Stavros, I have Christopher..hell i have the INFERNO, Alison has her whole FAMILY. we all have our not-so-sterling family ties or past downfalls.
it doesnt give you the right to belittle him by calling him BOY. and your own cheap shot about me "petting him up" is JUST as inappropriate. I am allowed to show affection toward whomever i wish...and that is NONE of yours or ANYONE ELSE"S concern.
<< Morgan was firm on this, it wasnt the first time Haleigh had taken a shot at her about the mutual affection shared between herself and Nicolas and she decided to call the woman on it here and now.>>
<< as Haleigh revealed what she was feeling, Morgan softened her grip on the woman's arm.>>
Haleigh......<< her icy voice was not as loud now>>
I know i wasn't "there" for what happened....I know something about what it's like to be in a city of chaos...I caused the Inferno remember? but you WERENT ALONE when Malice and Blackout nearly destro the city, ORORO came to help you when you needed it most...and you're not alone NOW.
<< looking down at Haleigh>>
Look at me. the first time you saw me wearing THIS costume [the unholy, yet sexy "inferno costume"] you DIED not even an hour after its debut..by MY hand. After the Inferno, after i was.. "myself" again Do you think it was easy for ME to just carry on knowing what kind of MONSTER i had become and the damage I had caused? My mother, Ororo...they risked their LIVES to stop me from destroying the city...and inspite of their help, Blaze paid the ultimate price. I wanted to hide in Limbo FOREVER and never return but it was ORORO who told me that I had to FACE my fears and my guilt and see it for what it was...LEARN from it and move AHEAD.
So you see, you're not the only one with struggles and fears. I am a woman who is known more for murdering her friends and family than she is for anything else. Even ETHAN knows ab out it. I may be more "integrated" with my dark soul now...i may have more control, but I STILL have to live with the guilt....the SHAME that comes with being a demon sorceress who has killed her friends and family....and could possibly do it all over AGAIN one day. THAT was one of the main reasons why i chose to lay down my own life to save you from Master Mold. I wanted to try to MAKE UP for what i had done during the Inferno.
We've come so far..all of us. EACH of us has grown and the team has become stronger because of it and even though the roster has changed...our SPIRIT is still the same and if I have learned anything post Inferno AND Master Mold...it's that its OKAY to ask for help when you need it. <<looking at Delilah, THAT was something that her best friend had reminded her of right before they went to Greece, and Morgan appreciated her for that.>>
<< just when it seemed like she was making headway with Haleigh...the tension between Haleigh and Nicolas erupted and Morgan was almost startled by how SUDDEN it was. there they were...about to come to blows AGAIN. Morgan grabbed Haleigh's hand and pulled her BACK after she had stepped forward. Delilah and Alison stepped between the two and Morgan rubbed her hands over her face. the two women spoke up and demanded calm and order, so Morgan just kept silent for a moment. keeping her voice even toned.>>
Haleigh, Alison is RIGHT. I relieved you of duty for YOUR SAKE. you were UNWILLING to talk with me BEFORE...and now that you have..before we can even attempt to deal with the problem, you and Nicolas are about to kill each other and over WHAT? ETHAN!?
He is NOTHING to us right now.
I can't have members of my team hurling racial slurs at each other..this is just INTOLERABLE. we are in 2006 New York...not 1956 in the deep south. If we cant find BETTER ways to express ourselves...then we are in WORSE SHAPE than any of us thought.
<< Delilah spoke on what/HOW they should handle Ethan.>>
He stays in Limbo until THIS problem is addressed. I think he's given us PLENTY of "Just cause"...he wants to OUT us, kill Alycia and basically strike a blow for mutants and metahumans EVERYWHERE...yet HE is a mutant himself?! what kind of moron is this?
<< pausing for a moment, then looking at Haleigh>>
Haleigh, in view of what you have just said moments earlier, and since it seems like you are dangerously close to being OVERWHELMED, until you see my mother for professional psycho-therapy...you cannot return to active duty of the Six. I am sending you HOME now...you don't need to be here for this, or what we decide to do with Ethan. I am concerned for your well being now..and as team leader, I cannot allow you continue ANY further. You need time...to rest.
NICOLAS, delicacy and sensitivity are what i need from you now. I don't expect you to be ANYONE'S doormat and i do not condone the use of racial slurs...but THIS HERE << gesturing between the two of them>> isnt helping ANYONE either way.
ETHAN is the problem now and Alison is right...we can't hide Alycia in Illustra for ever. she has to go on to do what she is meant to do AND WE have to be able to move on as well.
Alycia is MY personal friend and I will not see Ethan come anywhere NEAR her, NOR am i allowing him into Illustra. We need to do SOMETHING with him NOW before we go any further but until that moment comes..he stays in Limbo.