I really wasn't sure about the casting but the movie looks like it's gonna be really pretty, and there's been so much talk and pressure surrounding this project, I'm glad SOMETHING is finally coming from it!
Well...after a couple decades, it's finally happening. I won't be seeing it, BUT I hope that it does succeed, b/c a lot of ppl (mainly men) & Hollywood studios still think that a female focused comic movie can't succeed.
I recall the ERUPTION of anger over Lynda Carter NOT being cast as Hypolytta. What better way to pay respect & nod to the WW that many generations grew up with, while presenting this new one. Honestly, that would've lead me to decide to see it. It was a small consolation that Lynda Carter herself addressed the outrage over this, letting her fans & everyone else know that DC HAD reached out to her, offering her the role, but due to scheduling conflicts (she was shooting her scenes for the show Supergirl, & also on tour), she could not.
DC typically does a better job w/ it's multimedia adaptations. I hope they do RIGHT by this character. She's the only one of DC's big 3 who hasn't had a proper movie franchise, while Supes & Bats now have 2.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.