What makes someone homosexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaddyD

::Gesturing ala Nas::
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
450
Location
I'll tell you in another lifetime when we are both
I was told by a few gay men and women that their being homosexual was down to the fact that they are attracted to people of the same sex. It was a personal preference nothing more. But more recently someone told me that homosexuality was more than simply liking the same sex and that being gay ran deeper than a mere preference of sexuality and attraction, it is something that makes a person live and think differently in the same way a man thinks differently to a women or a Oriental person thinks and lives differently to a white person.



Now I know that there is a gay culture and that homosexuality can be expressed in a variety of ways but through my meagre experience I see this as a socially defined way of acting and living and a choice was made. I personally wouldn’t put being gay alongside categorising people into genders or race but that was the impression I got from a previous conversation that being gay was something more than simply liking the same sex.



I mean not to insult or offend anyone but you all seem to be liberal minded individuals this seems to be a safe place to ask such a question: Is homosexuality more than just a preference?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some say they feel it's genetic or they're born like that. Like it's destiny or something... one thing I learned in sex ed is that sexuality isn't something that has to do with sex or who you have sex with. It's about how you feel about your gender and yourself. Once one explores their sexuality I feel that's what makes them decide to be heterosexual or homosexual or bisexual. But it also more then that.... it has to do with how you carry yourself and your actions. Whether you decide to be sexually active or not to who you date. Deciding whether you homosexual or not is part of it. Homosexuality has really become a big part of culture.. it now defines who a person is.... because it really does. Who you choose to love is a big part of your life. It's the same with heterosexuals....

I hope I made sense...
 
Being Homosexual IS like being a different race and what not if you think about it. There has been so much discrimination against Gay People in this world that is is no different then when people discriminate against Black People or Chinese People or Mexican People.. Prejudice is Prejudice.. Discrimination is Discriimination.. If you look back in time before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 there were things that people of different color couldn't do in our country simply because they were of different color. There are things today that Gay people CANNOT do simply because they are Gay like getting married and for a long time back anal sex was banned for a LONG time in many states.

Being Gay to someone is just like being Black to another person. It is just who they are, they can't change it, they can't do anything about it, it is a huge part of their life. Just like one person can't CHANGE the color of their skin, someone can't CHANGE being gay... they can PRETEND but at the end of the day they can't change it...

But on the topic of what MAKES someone homosexual, I don't really one thing or another MAKES someone homosexual, I mean there are tons of different experiences and reasons and feelings and explanations for what makes somebody gay and nobody has come up with a definitive answer.
 
people dont want to accept that its MORE than a mere sexual preference. homosexuality dates as far back as classic antiquity in Greece and Rome...and in those societies (from which we derive so much of our art, humanities and architectual design inspiration) homosexuality was as common as anything else. it wasnt reviled. some of the most prominent, successfull "patricians" (high class men or women) were openly gay.

being gay/lesbian isnt merely a sexual preference...but people want to make it out that way so they can COMPARE it to things like pedophilia and anything that furthers the cause of hating gays and lesbians and thats just not right to me.

sexual identity is something that is within from the moment you are born...and while it may take time to become aware of it and understand it...its not something like a water faucet that you can turn on and off and adjust at will..its part of your being..

there are ALOT of people who are gay that refuse to address that issue to themselves. its called "internalized homophobia". my mother sees many patients who suffer with this and its a terrible thing to watch someone go through as they DENY themselves about who they are and try to live another way. the feel like its something they can ignore or that it IS merely a choice and there is something WRONG with them for "choosing" that...and thats just not true.
 
Being Homosexual IS like being a different race and what not if you think about it. There has been so much discrimination against Gay People in this world that is is no different then when people discriminate against Black People or Chinese People or Mexican People.. Prejudice is Prejudice.. Discrimination is Discriimination.. If you look back in time before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 there were things that people of different color couldn't do in our country simply because they were of different color. There are things today that Gay people CANNOT do simply because they are Gay like getting married and for a long time back anal sex was banned for a LONG time in many states.

Just because a group of people are discriminated against doesn't make them a race of people. A race of people are a local geographic or gobal human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted characteristics. Hence as a Black person there are physical characteristics between me and another Black person. Yes due to our ability to travel the World different races of people can be found gobally but you can tell an Oriental person or someone from Somalia and even if they were born in another part of the World you can often safely assume where their ancestors originated from meaning that genitcally they are part of that Race.

I just don't see homosexuality being defined as such, I can't look at a gay Man/Women and say 'because of your features I think you are of the Gay race.' 'Or you have Gay genes therefore you are of the Homosexual race.' For me it just doesn't work like that.

I understand totally that there are some Homosexuals that conduct themselves in a certain way but doing so doesn't move towards the notion that being Gay is more than just preference. Not all homosexuals act in a certain way there are homosexuals that act without any gender confused actions and there are some that do, much like some hetrosexuals. As for life style I'm not saying that being homosexual doesn't affect a persons life but (aside from the discrimination and predujice which is wrong) how is this in anyway different to having a hetrosexual lifestyle?

What I mean (I have to make the afore mentioned sentence clearer) is that my choice in women is just that a choice I prefer women to men that obvioulsy changes my lifestyle but it doesn't mean anything more than a preference. Yes my choice defines my sexual identity and inturn that defines who I am but when we get down to the grass root of my sexuality it is just a preference regardless of it being with me from birth or whether I decided when i became curious about sex and sexuality. Making the decision to be Gay or simply being born Gay does mean your more likely to face a harsher lifestyle in this World I totally understand that though that is the outcome. But as described to me being Gay/homosexual is prefering the same sex over the opposite. Then from this comes the lifestyle the acceptance into the culture that for me doesn't make it anymore than a preference.

You all have very valid points but I'm not seeing how being a homosexual means more than liking the same sex? People on this site are very adament that it is and if you can spare the time it would be appreciated if you could go further into this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I never said it WAS a race I said it was LIKE being of a different race.. yes both Heterosexual and Homosexual go through the same things but then again there are things that Homosexual people, Mexican People, Black People will go through that say a White Person would never understand unless they were part of it.

I agree with you that you can't look at a person and say they are gay, but I mean in let's say another country like Africa I am sure you can't look at an African and tell them exactly what country they came from.. doesn't make YOU any less black and it doesn't make them any less Gay lol..

Being Gay is COMPLETELY more than a preference. It effects every aspect of your life just as being black would effect someone elses life. Homosexuality has it's own Culture NOW... I mean we are even getting Gay/Lesbian Oriented CABLE TELEVISION Soon (See Logo Topic) and it is no different than having BET on television either, and do you know how many people think it is wrong for even BLACK people to have a network at all? It is going to be so much worse for Logo because it simple existence Religiously offends the religious people in America.

Just as there are Black Pride events, there are Gay Pride Events, just as there are Black Rights Groups, there are Gay Rights Groups... For everything that another RACE has, the gay CULTURE has as well. It doesn't get labeled a CULTURE without reason..

I understand how you say you cannot tell just by looking if someone is gay or not, but it is no different than being Jewish in WWII. Those people were killed for simply being who they are and believing in what they did, and it is the same thing that is happening to Gay People as well as OTHER Minorities in the world today. Gay people get JUST AS MUCH if not MORE bashing than almost any other culture in the United States as well as around the world just for being who they are, so if you think that being gay is just a preference, we would NOT have the culture that we do now in this world, because if you ask EVERY gay person if they wish they could be straight they would say yes if it was that simple. If they could just turn a switch and be straight they would, now some gay people may disagree with me, but that is what I have gotten as a general consensus of the gay people I know. Being straight would make them completely normal and they wouldn't have to deal with the things that they do simply because they are DIFFERENT.

It is WAY more than a preference, DDD.
 
you know what the problem is...is that when people attempt to find the PARALLELS between the plight of gays/lesbians and the struggles that blacks in american faced for equal rights...people want to get defensive about it and split hairs about it and suggest that its not the same. its amazing how someone could do that. women have had to fight for the right to vote (and it was a most harrowing campaign for those suffergates at that time) blacks have had to fight for what shouldve been their god given civil rights...and now gays/lesbians are going through the same thing.

to say its nothing more than a preference....is just dismissive and totally unfeeling in my opinion.

youd have to ask some of the MANY gays and lesbians who have had their lives blighted by hate and mistreatment if they think its "just a choice/preference" and see what they say. WHO THE HELL WOULD CHOOSE to go through the pain of being mistreated, picked on, harrased, beaten or worse ...SIMPLY because they like the same gender?

i think that alone should suggest there is more to it than a "mere preference" because who in their right mind would chose to endure that kind of treatment..and who would "choose" to live a life that they felt required them to hide "in the closet" out of fear for their safety, their job or whatever else.

it shouldnt even BE about "can you look at a person and tell if they are gay". There are some extremely fair skinned black people who you would not think were black just by looking at them...they could EASILY pass for white...and during the 20's and 30's...that was the IDEAL way to be if you were black because then you could "hide in the closet" so to speak and escape the mistreatment that was common place and accepted back then.

Gay people ARE a minority, just as women, blacks, and hispanics are...and acknowledging them as such...giving them the rights and protection they deserve...it shouldnt even be an INSSUE in america (or anywhere else) since they pay their taxes just like the rest of us...they should have equal rights and protection.
 
This annoying why are we comparing being Black to being Gay!?! What none of you have done is explained HOW it is more than a preference all you have done is tell me that ‘because they suffer it is more than a preference’. I'm sorry I was expecting something a little more technical/scientific than that.




Also I might add that many people in this World have taken the hard path in life by choice, because it is what they believe in and to do anything else would go against who they are. The point is that they had a choice to do it the hard or the easy way. - Preference.

I don't know how it is in America and maybe because it matters to me but if I see certain Black people walking down the street I can usually tell what part of the Africa/Jamaica their 'people' came from. There are some strong distinct genes that are easily identifiable within some black people that extend further than families. (Which is why I'm shocked to find out their are 'sista's' with green eyes now - when did this happen).

I'm sorry Farrah but I've read been told that in the 20's and 30's most of those extremely light skinned 'black' people were actually mixed raced. In that era most mixed raced people were simple deemed black by white people it would be fairly easy for some mixed raced people to pass a white. But I have to ask why are you even giving a parallel to this? My point was that Gays are not a race of people Prophet explained that he wasn't saying that.




Quite frankly I'm getting tired of the whole parallel of being black and fighting and having rights and being gay and fighting and having rights as justification to your claims it is almost as if you all are telling me to shut up because Gays suffer as much as other persecuted did/do. (I would be bold enough to point out that yes gays have a hard time but they didn't go through the holocaust or slavery and that doesn't take away the fact that they deserve equality like anyother minority, but that is neither here or there and is moving away from my original question and point of the topic.)

Why must both of you keep bringing these comparisons between homosexuality and race to show the importance of the plight of homosexuality. It is begining to touch a nerve as in my eyes I personally don't think that is a fair way of arguing a point. Unless you are of both minorities and walked a mile/yard in both shoes, it is completely different understanding the persecution of what a race went through, than actually being of that race and to feel and share the energy and passion of that race and to have the emotions of that persecution within your heart – and to fear it. For example my best friend Marco understands that blacks were slaves and that was wrong but he’ll never know what it feels like to think ‘shit that was my great Gran once removed’.

(If there is a gay black person on this site it would be interesting to hear their views?).




I am not gay and therefore I am asking this question because I understand that gays have a hard time but I am not asking that! I am asking 'What it is to be gay and is it more than liking the same sex and if so how'? Surely there is more to the answer than ’Yes because we suffer we are.’




What I see is that I've asked a question that has made people answer defensively; comparing homophobia to racism. I think a more useful parallel would be homosexuality and heterosexuality. Think, is being heterosexual more than just a preference for you and if so why? For me, no it isn’t if I wanted to be gay I would be I would suffer the abuse the prejudice because that is what I wanted and nothing would stop me. In my eyes it’s a choice it doesn’t define who I am, being me, a young black male does.




As for Television and culture; in England there are a lot of ‘reach out’ programmes that try to depict the many ethnic cultures throughout England/London. However a lot of these programmes are isolated as they are only watched by the people of the culture it was based on, they aren’t aimed at all only those who are interested. These programmes can only integrate a culture so far, what I would like to see are stronger actors from minorities appearing within British televisions institutional programmes like the Soap Operas Eastenders and Coronation Street, these programmes are the most popular and watched by all and represent London society. For me it would be more beneficial for several minorities to enter these British TV institutions and show how they and their culture fits into British society and have that watched by Britain than an entire channel watched by nothing but said minority in England. The best example of this is shown by Rudolph Walker: in England he is a famous black actor (one of my favourites) who was a star in the show love thy Neighbour, the show was about Rudolph living next to a racist neighbour who would hurl nothing but abuse and at the end of each show he [Rudolph] would always get the upper hand. He currently now plays the role of Patrick Truman in Eastenders, in this Soap Opera Patrick and Yolandi (his wife) are allowed to let his Caribbean accent and culture lose on the show (sometimes I have trouble understanding him – lol) to give the soap more diversity and a better representation of British society. His career has come full circle as Patrick’s best friend is very much like the racist character in love thy neighbour. In these two shows Rudolph has done more for the integration of black culture into British society than his other show which only stars black actors as no one watches it.




What I am saying is that yes an entire channel for Blacks and Gays are good for black and gays. But if the intension is to move either culture closer to the main society through television surely the inclusion of a gay person/couple into the most popular American TV shows (in a respectful way to the minority) would be more useful than an entire network that would further isolate Gay culture from American society?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Read This!

um, i AM a minority..im a WOMAN. :rolleyes: and therefore i DO think i know what im talking about. and DESPITE what SOME black people say, the do not CORNER THE MARKET on suffering and mistreatment as a people so please dont go there with me.

and I have tried to mention (and yet no one seems to noticed) that A) sexual identity is something that is apart of you from BIRTH and that B)there have been homosexuals in society as far back as ancient rome and greece [and THAT is just what is immediately known]

it shouldnt take scientific fact to get you to understand that these people deserve equal rights and protection and that its more than about a mere preference. that argument is what people use to make it OKAY for them to compare gays to pedophiles and other horrible things which goes back to what i said before about people not willing to be honest about how they truly feel...and that intolerance of gays today is the same as intolerance of blacks in society was decades ago or intolerance of women. whether you want to believe it or not...they ARE parallel.

if your so close minded then read this:

What Is Sexual Orientation?

Sexual Orientation is an enduring emotional, romantic, sexual or affectional attraction to another person. It is easily distinguished from other components of sexuality including biological sex, gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female) and the social gender role (adherence to cultural norms for feminine and masculine behavior).

Sexual orientation exists along a continuum that ranges from exclusive homosexuality to exclusive heterosexuality and includes various forms of bisexuality. Bisexual persons can experience sexual, emotional and affectional attraction to both their own sex and the opposite sex. Persons with a homosexual orientation are sometimes referred to as gay (both men and women) or as lesbian (women only).

Sexual orientation is different from sexual behavior because it refers to feelings and self-concept. Persons may or may not express their sexual orientation in their behaviors.

What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Sexual Orientation?

There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.

AND FINALLY...
Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

ALL of this SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION was TAKEN FROM: http://www.apa.org/pubinfo/answers.htmlhttp://www.apa.org/pubinfo/answers.html The American Psychological Association- a compilation of studies and credible research by psychiatrists, counselors, sexual therapists and other qualified individuals
 
Spellbinder said:
and despite what SOME black people say, they do not CORNER THE MARKET on suffering and mistreatment as a people so please dont go there with me.

WTF Farrah where in my post did I say that 'my people' corner the market on suffering. It's like you got a chip on your shoulder when anyone speaks from a black perspective, nowhere did I say that we suffer more than any other RACE did. If I post from the angle of a black perspective that is because I am black and I understand that perspective better than I understand any other.

it shouldnt take scientific fact to get you to understand that these people deserve equal rights and protection

My question never once denied the fact that homosexuals didn't equal right or protection that is something you fail to understand. All I wanted to know was what were the depths of being gay and was it more than preference not being Gay and being open minded I sought enlightenment on a subject clearly I wanted to learn more about. Because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm close minded.

But thank you for finally answering the questions. Interesting that they [the quotes] have no parallels within them and they were the answers I was looking for.
proxy.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DonDaddyD said:
WTF Farrah where in my post did I say that 'my people' corner the market on suffering.

Actually you did in suggesting that other races/groups have not suffered as much as blacks.


Also, I would just like to point out that gays WERE part of the holocaust. Rent the movie Bent for a good overview of the Nazis and putting homosexuals in the concentration camps. They were marked with pink stars the way the Jews were marked with yellow.


Also I think the discussion of race was meant to say that being gay is part of your identity much the same way as race is. Why does this comparison bother you so much?

I think though to answer your question (though I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, which also may be the problem) that being gay is more thatn sexual preference. Because I also think being straight is more than a preference. The fact that I like men affects how I act, dress, and feel. The same way that I expect being gay affects those things. I could not tomorrow just decide to be gay, the same way a gay person could not just choose to be straight. It is more than a choice.

:)
 
Honestly, I can totally see where Farrah and Vil are coming from when they say that Gays are classified under the category of "minorities". Gays not only are scrutinized for the lifestyle they choose to live (if they choose to live it openly and without hiding who they truly are), but they also have a lot of prejudiced against them. It could go as far as not hiring a gay man for a specific job, the fact they aren't even allowed to get married, the constant bashing from the people associated with the church (not all of course), not to mention hate groups such as the KKK and Skin Heads. So when Farrah and Vilandra are saying that you could compare being gay with being black, Hispanic, Jewish, or freakin BLUE for that matter, they only mean how others treat or look at them. (This of course only being a select few, i'm not saying that ALL people hate or discriminate against gays, blacks, Hispanics, or blue people. ;) LOL you get the point.)
 
You know all I wanted to know was what Farrah added in her last three quotes. I didn't need to be told about the parallels between blacks and gays. Nor did I need to be told my race carries a "chip" on their shoulder believeing that we have suffered more than any other. - I really don't think that.

All I wanted was an answer to something I really didn't know much about not just the emotional side but the sheer science of it all so I bought my question to the board to LEARN maybe I worded it wrong maybe I shouldn't have posted, maybe it is just a across the pond thing or even just me but if I insulted anyone I didn't mean to.

All I wanted to know was whether being gay was more than a choice and if so how. I just didn't see how suffering defines or justifies ones existence or makes a persons decision more than a choice. This was all I was getting back as an answer so I pressed a little harder. People do say that sexual orientation is an unconcious decision, some say some are born homosexual, I was looking for a more emotional and technical answer to this. One from experience.

'It's I think therefore I am' not 'I suffer therefore I am' I was just looking for an explanation of how one came to think that way. If anyone could remember.

And as for being a preference many people experimented with their sexuality before settleing on a preferred choice, I don't see anything wrong with asking if it was just a preference or a state of being?
 
Look, I understand that you don't need to be told the paralles of gays and blacks. I TOO was expressing my own opinion on the situation. Just like yourself apparently. After reading the conversation between yourself, Farrah, and Vil, it appeared to me that you were becoming offended by the thought of having blacks be compared to gays. So I simply posted an answer. If I offended you in any way then I appologize, but i'm not goign to keep my mouth shut about a subject even if it seems to be adding a little salt to the wound.

In my opinion, I believe you are born being gay. I don't think it's a choice, I don't think people do it just for the shock factor (well sometimes they do), I think half the reason people think gays choose to be gay is because they either don't realize they're gay right away or have hidden the fact they were gay because they were afraid of peoples reactions. Like I said, I believe a person knows deep down inside what their sexual orientation is.
 
DonDaddyD said:
You know all I wanted to know was what Farrah added in her last three quotes. I didn't need to be told about the parallels between blacks and gays. Nor did I need to be told my race carries a "chip" on their shoulder believeing that we have suffered more than any other. - I really don't think that.

you cannot tell people what you do and dont want to hear in a thread. if you dont want to receive ALL of what people have to say..then dont creat a thread.

they were merely trying to explain WHY they felt it was MORE THAN A SIMPLE CHOICE to be gay! it was an open ended question and FAIR GAME TO ALL MEMBERS.
 
race (As Defined by the Dictionary)
n.

  1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
  2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
  3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
  4. Humans considered as a group.
I think that pretty much explains alot. Race has different meanings, different chracteristics make things different races. Man is not the same RACE as a woman, they are different. Where you might considered black somewhere you may NOT be considered black in another place. So just because you can't look at someone and say they are Gay, doesn't mean they are not a race.

The whole reason that these parallels have been given has just been to stress the fact that being gay is not just a choice. Believe me, DDD, I understand where you are coming from and I think you mean to say that you can't wake up one day and NOT be black, but everyone who is gay will tell you that they also cannot wake up one day and not be gay. It is as biological and natural to them as breathing. Think about it, different races have different customs, rituals, ways of thinking than other races and cultures. Things that are natural to them. People are born with an inherent attraction to one or the other sex... DDD, could you wake up tomorrow and decide that you wish to sleep with men? Did anybody ever teach you how to be straight? No, it was something that you learned on your own, it was something that you always have been, the way your mind works, the way you think and breath. When you fantasize it is about women, not because you CHOOSE to like women but simply because you DO like women..

I guess that is what I have been trying to say the whole time lol
 
What Farrah, Sam, Brandon, Vil, and I are basically trying to say is that being gay or straight is a very important part of a person's life. Gay's can't choose to be gay any more then I can't choose to be attracted to bad boys, but I am and I can't chage that. It's the same with gay and straight people. You can't choose to be a man or to be a woman or black or white or as Sam said blue.... that's in fate's hands or by chance. Whatever you want to call it... by exploring one's sexuality and beginning to know yourself... it then when you realize who you really are.

Woh... either I'm growing up or it's the caffeen talking...
 
Quite a heated topic isn't it? Mixing sexuality with religion, very controversial. Thanks to all who have replied with their impute. Both sides gave a fabulous argument. ;)

But if we go back in time to when each of us were children. Look at it from a psychological level, you see "mommy" and how pretty and wonderful she is, if your a girl you wanna BE mommy because she has daddy whose strong, loving, and handsome. At the age of five, children are already learning about sexuality, they just don't understand it yet. Boys are usually curious of their genitals, even exposing them to their peers. Basically little boys fall in love with their mothers and girls fall in love with their fathers, which is usually why SOME women bring home guys like their fathers.

However what if....you didn't want daddy? Again, this is psychology here folks, this was used in my college psych class. In our society were supposed to follow the standards but even at five, we can pick.

Ask ANY gay person and they will tell you what some of you have said, "They knew it at a young age." I did too, I just didn't want to accept or come to terms with it. But what's more stunning is, if one sibling is gay, the other is....SOMETIMES...not always. In my case, its true, both my older brother and I are gay.

But I do have my own theory and its if you lack a strong father figure in your life or mother figure your likely to be gay. I was always close to my mother so drawing back to psychology I was "idolizing" my mother. I was never close with my father, I always saw my mother as strong, intelligent, committed, loving, etc. Growing up I saw my father in a less light, perhaps that's why I feel that men are weak, always complaining, and lazy (I don't mean any disrespect, this is my own personal view on men. I'm not bashing. ) So I think that's why I'm gay and therefore sometimes you can push the limits.
 
That's an interesting theory Heather :nod: I know my family grew up being close to my mum more than my dad. Altho I had a better relationship with my dad than my sister or brother did, mostly coz they were older and living away from home :shrug: But I was much closer to my mum. Anyways, my bro is straight, my sis is bi (well, gay, since she's in a commited relationship with a woman) and me well, yeah I'm gay. Hey I just came out to you guys! :whistle::shrug: Oh well lol.

As for the homosexuality being choice or biological issue, I'm not too sure. I don't like that some folks use 'biological' as something to hide behind. 'I can't help that I'm gay, it's the way I was born' etc etc. Why should anyone say that? Does that mean they're ashamed to be gay? Are they looking for an excuse so they can be accepted? Myself, I'm happy to come to the conclusion that I'm gay. I had wondered for years why I had found guys attractive but undesirable, and thinking of being with them was somewhat 'icky' :eek: I'd rather say it was the way my sexuality evolved rather than 'it's how I was born' :rolleyes: But that's just me. And I don't think I helped the original topic much :laugh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top