The Sentinels in X3?

Another reason for people to glorify Wolverine. Woopee. For the love of Pete, how about we get somebody besides Wolverine fighting. And if they hadn't made Storm such a pussy, she would have fried Wolverine for defying an order.
 
I suspect that what we saw was a danger room training session. i think that would explain wolvies annoyed look and storms teamwork comment.
 
wolverine SUCKS. S-U-C-K-S

im sick of him and these movies were RUINED because of their "wolvie-centric" slant.

BUT...i will see this one as i have the first two because i grew up at a time when an "x-men" movie was the DREAM for many comic collectors of the 80's and 90s. and although the first two movies have sucked, this one promises to be "over the top" if nothing else lol.

this clip ALONE demonstrates that.

thanks for sharing, lethal.
 
I agree that they focus entirely to much on wolverine and the films have not exactly followed the "origins" to a tee. I still do enjoy the movies for what they are. I love seeing nightcrawler teleport, colossus' flesh turn to titanium, mystique change her identity and yes, wolverine pop his claws. They may not be the greatest movies and they do an injustice to the comics to which they are based on but I still enjoy them for the entertainment value it gives me.
 
DonDaddyD said:
The Interview was with Hugh Jackman, they are hardly going to show a clip that is all about another character and giving credit to another actor whilst interviewing him....
Point well taken, I will concede that arguement.

DonDaddyD said:
Wolverine is overused, yes and if he is the focus throughout the whole film then the film will suck.

Does anybody really believe that Wolverine isn't going to be the focus of this movie? Somehow it's always about Wolverine. They're making Wolverine into more of a prick then in the last two movies. Now he's even more arogant and cocky, I weep for the way Wolverine used to be. He used to have some measure of stealth and intelligence, instead of being a one man killing machine.
 
Cereal_Killer said:
Does anybody really believe that Wolverine isn't going to be the focus of this movie? Somehow it's always about Wolverine. They're making Wolverine into more of a prick then in the last two movies. Now he's even more arogant and cocky, I weep for the way Wolverine used to be. He used to have some measure of stealth and intelligence, instead of being a one man killing machine.

I do agree, I did like in the first two how Wolverine felt it was all about him and yet it wasn't (Magneto highlighted that in the second movie). Yet somehow it did still feel like it was all about Wolverine.

In fact when you think over it the only back story that has ever been explored in the film is Wolverines....

I still maintain that (character aside) the scene was cool though.
 
I liked the first two movies (particularly the 2nd with Nightcrawler's opening scene stealing the movie) and am eagerly awaiting the third. For me the biggest issue isn't whether or not they will focus too much on Wolverine, but whether they will focus on anything ENOUGH. They jammed a LOT into this movie. Phoenix Saga, much bigger brotherhood, a plethora of new mutants, sentinals, mutant cure, and now I'm hearing things about the legacy virus. If anything is going to make this movie suck it's that they tried to jam too much into one movie.

I mean if you really think about it, they have enough material for three movies on just the Dark Phoenix saga alone.
 
Lethal
Lethal
[No message]
sinosleep said:
I liked the first two movies (particularly the 2nd with Nightcrawler's opening scene stealing the movie) and am eagerly awaiting the third. For me the biggest issue isn't whether or not they will focus too much on Wolverine, but whether they will focus on anything ENOUGH. They jammed a LOT into this movie. Phoenix Saga, much bigger brotherhood, a plethora of new mutants, sentinals, mutant cure, and now I'm hearing things about the legacy virus. If anything is going to make this movie suck it's that they tried to jam too much into one movie.

I mean if you really think about it, they have enough material for three movies on just the Dark Phoenix saga alone.


yeah but there's no LOGICAL way they could have made movies based on the Dark Phoenix saga be "all about wolverine". He was rather MINOR in that storyline to be quite honest and if they trashed one of the greatest stories in Marvel's history just to make it "wolverine" centric..i know ALOT of people (including myself) would have cried foul and written some angry letters or something.
 
Well dang it put the man in the background and expand on someone else. The Pheonix saga garngers enough buzz on it's own where it's not a financial necessity to focus on Wolverine. Add that to the fact that pretty much everyone agrees they've gotten enough Wolverine in the first two movies and they should have just focused on Cyclops and Jean and called it a day.

I'm by no means saying get rid of Wolverine, but if they were going to do a Phoenix Saga movie they should have shortened his role.
 
I hope that this film isn't just about Wolverines screentime.Please oh please don't do that.I don't hate the character just don't want to see him everywhere.
Also the Sentinel scene was good and I hope we see a full body shot of one or more would be wicked.
 
Back
Top