Sony email hack fallout continues

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
Leonardo DiCaprio Called ‘Despicable’ in New Sony Emails

------------------

Pascal also blasted Jaden & Willow smith & called Angelina Jolie a "spoiled brat" in other emails.

Basically, she was being MESSY & now its out for everyone to see LOL!

Did anyone see the pic of Pascal trying to hug Jolie after the "spoiled brat" email was made public? LOL Jolie was looking @ her like she had the bubonic plague or something LOL
 
And the worst part is, North Korea got exactly what they wanted.

the worst part of this is all hype that The Interview is getting, cause while I'm not in favor of "Terrorist winning" that movie looks like garbage and now everyone i know is claiming they're gonna see it 8 times
 
Oh God. I have to say...I've been following this and the stories and e-mail excerpts have been so frickin' JUICY and satisfying to me lol. It's like getting to see what their BOSSES think about them. I always knew I didn't like Angelina Jolie. lol.
 
The one thing that kills me about this...is North Korea is INFAMOUS for manipulating their own media to portray a message that their leader is essentially indestructable and that their country is one of the most powerful...I just don't know why the hell they would care SO much about it...but that's kind of North Korea's schtick isn't it? They just seem to do a lot of bitching and threaten to attack or kill when it's clear the new dictator just wants to party lol.
 
A great deal of the tech news sites I follow are saying that while this attack does have elements that point to North Korea, they point to it like comically so (its like the evidence on a procedural show, it paints a target you can see from orbit) and also Sony has been known for years to have some of the worst cyber-security in the history of cyber-security

http://marcrogers.org/2014/12/18/why-the-sony-hack-is-unlikely-to-be-the-work-of-north-korea/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jodywestby/2014/12/17/sony-earns-cyber-troglodyte-award/

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/12/us-government-fingers-north-korea-as-the-sony-hackers/

So while this can totally be the work of North Korea but I'm doubting it
 
I'm sure that the movie would've been crap , like most things involving Seth Rogan, but to me, Sony seems a bit cowardly here.

Are we REALLY supposed to be concerned about a tiny, isolated island and it's tiny, comical, incompetent dictator?

What precedent is this setting? Now any country/group that doesn't like the way it is being portrayed in a film can have a tantrum, make threats & get it [basically] censored?
 
What precedent is this setting? Now any country/group that doesn't like the way it is being portrayed in a film can have a tantrum, make threats & get it [basically] censored?

Because MOST world leaders wouldn't be concerned about their fictional deaths in movies - except for maybe Putin - and to me, North Korea always seemed to be like a 'child' throwing tanturms and whatnot over the most ridiculous things. :rolleyes:

For a country who seems proud of the censorship they have over there, they sure seem to know a lot about what is happening in the Western world. o_O
 
They should put it on YouTube. End of story.
Yeah, I agree.
If not so that we can see if Google has better security than Sony... ;)

As usual with this stuff it works mostly as promotion instead of actually stopping anything.
I had never heard of "The Interview" before this. Now I'm almost curious. Probably not enough to actual see it though...

/SK
 
Karma
Karma
yeah, I bet the movie was...IS crap. but now Sony should show it just on principal LOL. aint that some shit!
BitTorrent Urges Sony To Release 'The Interview' On Its Paid Service

--------------------

LOL! this is funny to me b/c like the article says:

The software company, synonymous with illegal music and movie pirating, had several talks this week with the embattled movie studio about debuting the canceled Seth Rogen action-comedy as a "bundle" of links to files that can be controlled and sold to users legally.

Im not gonna lie, I've used bit torrent for a few things, but I think it's funny they're trying to cash in on THIS. I think Clara's idea about them releasing it on youtube is better. They've already lost any chance they had to rake in any $ from promos & such, they may as well just stick a finger in N Korea's eye & let it out there for ALL THE WORLD to see it (but even then, *I* won't be watching it b/c Seth Rogan BORES me :p )
 
TBH, this movie was probably going to be a tax writeoff BEFORE all this happened, so just do it and put it out there already.
 
Back
Top