Placing bets - The Walking Dead

Bateman

Rising Star
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
310
With the premier of TWD being listed as an hour and 6 minutes when do you think the reveal for the cliffhanger will be?

A- Will they open early with the reveal?
B- Will they build up to it more?
C- Will they wait until the last commercial break?
D- Will they do a time jump and gradually showing other characters and how they are now only to wait until the second episode to show who actually died?

Thinking about Morgan and Carol's storyline and having lost ALL faith in the show, I am leaning towards option D actually. Wouldn't that put some knickers in a twist!
 
@Black Widow & @Spencer Hastings I'm surprised you didn't see this thread.

I am thinking that they will try to drag it out in someway, using flashbacks mixed in to reveal who got "lucille'd"

I've gotten real tired of how the show runners abuse the loyal fans with so many needless (popular) character deaths, or the threat of death. there's more to the story than how violently and grotesquely someone can die, & it's gotten to the point that the zombies are almost incidental, & the real threat is other survivors.

Carol is my favorite, & while I'm not as into the show as I used to be, I'll watch as long as she's there.
 
Westworld was on so of course I didnt bother to watch. I honestly have no desire to watch the show again. If they would have killed Darryl or Rick I may have watched, but... the show lost it's bollocks long ago.
 
Westworld was on so of course I didnt bother to watch. I honestly have no desire to watch the show again. If they would have killed Darryl or Rick I may have watched, but... the show lost it's bollocks long ago.

The show has changed so much, & I was not feeling good about that as early as the later half of season 4.

Negan is far worse than any villain the atl group has faced, & he's been so hyped up & celebrated online, that disturbs me too. he has too much power, & I'm wondering how long the viewers will be forced to look @ him on the show.

I no longer felt "anchored" by Rick starting season 4, & last night I felt irritated by him.

There is some hope though, in the comic,
Ezekiel & "The Kingdom" attempt collaboration w/ the Alexandrians to take down Negan
 
I think it's a mixture of them trying to cater to the fans then believing their own hype that they can do and tell any story they want; no matter how poorly paced. The "slow" moments used to be drama and now you just feel they are "slow" because they don't want the story to process any faster. I dont really care for any of them, at all anymore, so there is no investment as a viewer so I dont care what happens to them. I just want them ALL to die.
 
Yeah I read what happened and I still have no desire to go back to watching it.

I'm hanging on for Carol & Michonne first & foremost. I am now intrigued by Maggie again. Her reaction @ the end of last nights episode was in stark contrast to everyone else...& I needed that from someone. I felt abused, but I've been feeling that way since the later half of season 5 -_- & I honestly was emotionally handcuffed, like many of the characters last night, especially near the end. So Maggie helped me out lol, so now I'm wanting to see what happens w/ her, & Sasha, who's tied herself to Maggie @ this point.

But I don't have HIGH hopes.

I just wish they'd stop w/ the threat of main/popular character deaths as their bread & butter. How many ppl do they think they can kill before the audience is no longer able to identify w/ their so-called protagonists? Now, the only remaining "ORIGINALS" of the ATL group are Rick, Carl, Darryl & Carol.
Carol & Morgan are @ the kingdom, Darryl has been taken by Negan
 
You know... I never really realized how much of a miserable person I was/am until I find myself actually being tempted to watch the latest episode just so that I can have something to complain about.
 
You know... I never really realized how much of a miserable person I was/am until I find myself actually being tempted to watch the latest episode just so that I can have something to complain about.

I don't know...I mean...I feel some kind of way about TWD (show) b/c when I first got into it, it was the first current TV show I found myself wanting to keep up with in a long time. There were other reasons, but now...I'm just like "what has happened to this show!?"

the comic, at times almost seems LIGHT compared to the TV show, & I really do feel like the show runners get off on emotionally abusing the fans. Yes, it's post apocalyptic world, & everyone's @ risk, but the show runners seem to think they're reinventing the wheel when it comes to story telling. some basic formulas & elements can't/shouldn't be altered or twisted if you want to make a connection & establish a loyal audience. that's one reason why so many remakes of movies & tv shows fail. they seem to forget that. it doesn't matter what kind of special effects, plot gimmicks or cliff hangers you do, if certain basic story telling elements aren't there, it's not going to last for long.

Ppl don't like being forced to identify w/ monsters as they journey through a story, & it IS a big deal when a legacy character that was the anchor/guide for many fans is killed off, & for them to tease/taunt/batter viewers w/ the threat of glen's death for so long...I'm just like "ENOUGH!"
 
Oh, I would rather identify with monsters. I like identifying with monsters actually, I just don't like the feeling you are being dicked around with the "rules" of the world they built simply because they decided to alter their storytelling. The monsters bit I dont mind at all. I am always generally more interesting in the "bad" guy than the "good" guy.
 
lol - just read the recap, then you only waste 5 minutes on it instead of an hour :D
I do. I pay my little $2 a month to EW just so I can read recaps of all the shows I stopped caring about!

It's just nothing has gone right today and I am kinda pissed at stuff and think I could watch TWD and really vent at that show.
 
Back
Top