Oil prices plunge

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
Oil prices plunge, wide ranging effects for consumers & global economy

----------------------------

Everyday this week now, I've been hearing news reports about falling oil prices. Gasoline prices have been the lowest they've been in 5 years according to many stats. The media seems to be paining this to be a BAD thing, mentioning how Russia can't pay it's gov't bills b/c it's basically a petrol state & how many small U.S. oil company's are losing profits. I for one am GLAD that I'm getting more gasoline for my dollar @ the pump. I don't give a damn about company's profits. "Big oil" has enjoyed record high profits for over a decade, @ consumer's expense. It's about time we got some relief.
 
Shit, live in Hawaii for a year then come back to the mainland. It's insta-drop in gas prices LOL. I'm so damn excited to be paying 3:15 as opposed to 4:40 a gallon. But i'm definitely not opposed to it dropping even more! :D
 
Damn, 2.25?! I haven't seen prices like that in like 4-5 years!

The cheapest gas i've seen was 2.98, and that was driving through Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana when I was driving over to California. I was blown away at how cheap it was. But damn, now i'm jealous lol.
 
i can still remember the first time gas prices went over $2.00 shortly before 9/11 & that was a huge shock. NOW it seems cheap. I dont care what the experts say, consumers shouldnt be getting nailed @ the pump for whatever "factors" they claim necessitate high prices & if russia is complaining now that low prices are affecting their ability to pay their gov't bills? i say "OH FU CKIN WELL!" LOL

as far as prices go, it helps that I have a Mapco rewards card & a Kroger plus card. Both of those give me between 10 & 20 cents off per gallon when I fill up. that can really add up & get you more for your $ each time.
 
I pay at least $6,70... just saying. ;)
But it was over $7,10 not so long ago.

(With reservations that I managed to do the calculation right between gallons, liters, USD etc.)

/SK
 
Karma
Karma
so you're basically telling us in the U.S. to QUIT WHINING? :D LOL
today prices were 7.05$ per gallon in my town, and sundays or early mondays are the cheapest times during the week.
I read that the Norwegian krone (our currency) is dropping these days, making holidays spent on foreign soil a more expensive experience.
 
Today prices were 7.05$ per gallon in my town, and sundays or early mondays are the cheapest times during the week.
I read that the Norwegian krone (our currency) is dropping these days, making holidays spent on foreign soil a more expensive experience.
Even though the oil price is dropping i feel like we don't feel it much here, it's like all the different gas companies just agreed to keep the price for gasoline at a standstill
 
Back
Top