Katie Cassidy as Black Canary?

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
CBR said:
The CW has released the first photos of Katie Cassidy as Black Canary -- not "Canary," like her sister Sara, but officially billed as full-on "Black Canary" -- in the upcoming "Arrow" episode "Left Behind," scheduled to run as the 10th installment of the currently unfolding third season.

Cassidy's Laurel Lance taking on the Black Canary mantle is a natural progression -- the character (full name Dinah Laurel Lance) shares a name with long-running DC Comics superhero Black Canary, and though she hadn't previously taken on a costumed identity, there's a Canary-sized void in the Lance family following developments earlier this season. In recent episodes, she's been training with Ted Grant (played by J.R. Ramirez), and moving towards her own vigilante role.

"Arrow" airs 8 p.m. Wednesdays on The CW. Based on the show's current schedule, "Left Behind" will likely air in early 2015.

SOURCE: Comic Book Resources



I know we have several people on the board that are fans of CW's Arrow. YAY OR NAY?

proxy.php


proxy.php



-------------------------------

Personally, I'm not so sure about this. I haven't been impressed by Katie's previous performances in other roles, including her "Amanda-LITE" 'Ella Simms' on CW's Melrose Place. & the horror movie films (both remakes) that she appeared in, she was rather wooden. I'm wondering how different from Dinah in DC comics this Laurel Lance character will be. Dinah in JLA had a sexy appearance but was rather straight laced, struggling w/ not wanting to become her mother (Black Canary in the JSA) or be defined by her mother's legacy, yet she ended up copying it in more than one way. The character GREW tremendously over the years & I particularly enjoyed her run in Birds of Prey.

As far as over all look of the character for the show? Not really feeling the costume, but I'm not sure how well Dinah's well known look (leather bodice, jacket, fishnets & high heeled boots) would have translated from the pages to the small screen either. I'm curious as to what others here think?
 
Personally I think her costume isn't bad but really on Arrow the only person with a particularly great one is Arsenal

proxy.php


As for the actress herself she's still after 3 seasons a bit stiff but I'm gonna need to see her in physical action first cause being Black Canary requires asskicking
 
I'm just glad they didn't try and make us believe that Sarah really was Black Canary. I love Katie Cassidy and I like how they are showing Laurel's back story and that she's starting out as NOT a great fighter. I like that they are showing how a person could become Canary. That show does their casting and respects the characters more than any other show I've seen - if they can get Deathstroke so right, I have to put my faith in that they will get this one right too.

:)
 
I seriously dislike Laurel, I just can't take to her, and don't even get me started on her fighting skills in the ring. I know she won't, given the lore but I just wish that she would do one.
 
This tv adaptation is so far removed from DC comics version, I'm not sold on her either, plus I'm not a fan of Katie Cassidy. She also seems kinda skinny compared to the more curvy Dinah.

Her sister (in the show) carried the mantle of Canary but didn't have sonic powers & used batons, which I thought was wack.
 
Well she's not supposed to be good yet! :p

Its the fact that one shot she was utter pish then the next she was miles better. Its not as easy as that!

The one thing that impressed me about Sarah was the salmon ladder. Show me Laurel doing that and she will earn my respect.

There is also the fact I just don't like her.
 
Back
Top