Crashing down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer

The Watcher
Missions
1,332
Residence
every place
<< It has been a whirlwind since Spellbinder brought the Six and their allies back to NYC from their caper in Greece. Although no casualties were sustained against The Six, there WERE some surprising revelations, including the fact that Erika King , under the power of Malice had infact murdered Cameron in an attempt to hurt Alison Marble aka Guardian. Ororo destroyed the renegade Erika and released Cameron's spirit to finally rest in peace. Alycia Barnett, with the unwanted help of the six, succeded in bringing down the Cassadine family and bringing Stavros back to the states to face serious charges while Ava Cassadine passed through the Seige Perilous to find a new life outside of this one of crime and scrutiny. In a mysterious twist, due to their cross time link, Persephone and the essence of Ava MERGED...transforming Persephone INTO "Ava" and giving her an identity for this reality...it was a change that was not received well by Ava's sister, HALEIGH as this meant these two women were now bonded on a deeper level than just "team mates".>>


<< with the changes setting in on the Six, the high profile case against Stavros Cassadine was playing out over the media for all to see. Alycia had scarcely been at Illustra since returning and now everyone was seeing just how far reaching Mystech's corruption had touched the federal government as corrupt congressional officials and others were being flushed out left and right.>>

<< even as Alycia spear headed this movement, she would find herself faced with an opportunity that no one could have guessed....as well as being confronted by someone who was not willing to just let her roll over him with her now legendary and bloodthirsty tactics.>>
 
104th floor - Persephone's penthouse

:: Days had gone by since Persephone was integrated with Ava Cassadine, giving her an identity in this timeline. It was strange how the Seige Perilous worked. Persephone looked similar to Ava, but they were two distinctly different people...but the moment they passed through the gem, she turned into Ava, mind AND body. She found out the hard way when she decided to go out to lunch and a swarm of paparazzi surrounded her screaming "Miss Cassadine" while trying to get information of Stavros' court case. That alone further proved that she was now a member of this world's society. ::

:: Deciding to lay low since her new found 'fame', Persephone made her way out of her kitchen carrying a cup of herbal tea. Making her way into her livingroom, she sat down and tucked her feet under her body before carefully placing the hot drink on the coffee table to let it cool. Flipping the television on, immediately, case coverage popped up involving Stavros. Letting out a low sigh, since being integrated with Ava, Persephone couldn't seem to watch these news reports without feeling annoyed or angry. Obviously the 'Ava part' in her peeking out. Flipping the channel, there seemed to be no escape from the coverage revolving around Cassadine Enterprises and Stavros Cassadine himself. Turning the television off, Persephone dropped the remote next to her and rested her head back. ::

"Well....I never much enjoyed this timeline's television shows anyway."

:: Closing her eyes, a few quiet minutes passed before the ringing of her land line telephone jolted her back to reality. Reaching over to the end table where her cordless telephone sat, Persephone pressed the 'talk' button before lifting it to her ear. ::

"Hello?"

"Hello, Love!"

:: Lowering her brows hearing the man's voice on the other end of the phone, obviously they had the wrong number. ::

"I think you have the wrong number."

"Oh don't be like that, it's me.....Common Persephone."

:: With wide eyes, Persephone grunted out with annoyance, finally realizing why she thought the voice sounded so familiar. ::

"What the hell do you want? And how did you get my number?!"

"Well it wasn't too hard considering I’m your husband."

:: Rolling her eyes, Persephone scoffed as she stood from the couch. ::

"Once again, your deluding yourself from reality, Ares. There is no way in hell I would EVER marry you. Not in our own timeline and certainly not in THIS timeline."

:: Hearing a small chuckle come from the other end of the phone, Persephone found none of this amusing. In fact, she found it rather obnoxious. And slightly creepy. ::

"You wouldn't marry me, Love. But Ava sure would."

:: Stopping dead in her tracks, Persephone's face went from annoyed to confused in seconds. ::

"Ava? How do you know about Ava?"

"I make it a point to know about my wife."

:: Persephone's mouth dropped like a ton of bricks. They're little 'run in' at the park wasn't coincidence. In fact, she wouldn't put it past Ares to MARRY Ava just because she was linked to Persephone. Now they were....he was her....HUSBAND?!?! Oh this integration thing was just turning into TONS of fun! ::

"Oh you bastard...I CANNOT believe you!!"

:: Yelling into the phone, Persephone began to wave her left hand, further emphasizing her point that she was angry. When suddenly.... ::

"OH MY GOD!"

:: Seeing a rock the size of the moon on her ring finger, Persephone gasped in, holding her hand out in front of her face. ::

"Where the hell did THAT come from!"

:: Seriously...it just seemed to appear there. Or maybe she was too distracted to notice it? No...she would of noticed a diamond THAT big on her finger. Moving the phone to her shoulder, she tilted her head to the side, holding the phone in place. Pulling at the ring to take it off, it wouldn't budge. ::

"What? Did you have it soldered on?"

"Oh, now is that any way to react to our undying love?"

"Love? You KNEW Ava was my alter, didn't you? That's why you married her! Because you always had this disgusting infatuation with ME! Ohhh, the MOMENT that court office opens tomorrow, I’m filing for divorce!"

:: Clicking the phone off, not bothering to hear what Ares had to say, Persephone slammed it on the kitchen island, finally giving up on trying to pull off her....wedding ring. ::

"Unbelievable!"
 
Illustra-107th floor

<< up on the top floor of Illustra, down the center hallway and inside Morgan's luxury penthouse, the sorceress is in one of the many rooms of the sprawling penthouse. wearing a rather trendy and sexy "workout" ensemble with her hair pulled back in an "upward" ponytail, the leggy sorceress is on a yoga mat doing some stretches and other exercises while across the room, a flat screen TV broadcasts up to the minute coverage of the trial of Stavros.>>

<< this whole case has made SO MANY waves. many companies in the area...notable ones are being investigated for their illegal activities and ties to mystech and two prominent senators have been flushed out....one of whom was the challenger to Sharon Kelly for the N Y senate seat just before she died. Sharon had won but never got the chance to begin her second term. Alison said that Sharon's death was a NECESSARY loss...it would be the catalyst for what everyone was now watching on TV and any other media outlet.>>

<< as Morgan continues to stretch, she watches the broadcasting. the images of a rather sinister looking and yet sharply dressed Alycia Barnett. Federal officials, supposed court and trials "experts" commenting on various things etc>>


hmm. this is it. alycia doing what she does best. but i wonder what kind of fallout will come...she's busting some POWERFULL people.

<< Morgan thought about everything they'd been through so far.>>

<< Morgan and her mother had said their goodbyes for now as Karen finally left to return to her loft in soho and resume her own life and schedule. her mother had been there for the team in ways that most people wouldnt have have bothered to. she was a TRUE example of what a mother could be...and between her and Ororo, Morgan never felt abandonned, and after the last two capers since her full return, Morgan felt TRULY greatfull and SATISFIED. not many people could SURVIVE the Seige Perilous and return to "themselves", much less have a mother who watched over you at your most vulnerable moment. Alison certainly hadn't had that experience with her mother or family. Kelly King was a trainwreck who was an insult to ALL that was human>>


SIGH!

<< Alison was a floor below and no doubt resting...just trying to allow herself to accept the reality that she was finally FREE from her family's dysfunction and that Cameron was now at peace. Nicolas was several floors below. He was beautifull to look out and in the short time that she had known him, he was unlike any other male that had been on the team. Someone she actually respected early on and felt GOOD about. Someone who was...even..ATTRACTIVE to her.>>

i think...i may have found my new signature MALE model for Illustra!

and maybe something ELSE too...

<< she spoke as she exhaled and changed positions on the mat, now beginning yoga. listening to scathing remarks being made by Alycia against Stavros and "would be" New York senator, William Stryker.>>



<< Morgan couldnt help but laugh to herself as she heard the ballsy woman on the TV.>>


speaking of tension in the air....Haleigh and Persephone, who is now "Ava" in this reality...if THAT doesnt make for drama in Illustra, i don't know what will.
 
Illustra-106th floor

:: on the 106th floor of Illustra, within the posh luxury apartment of Alison Marble...it remained quiet and tranquil. The seer had little need for television as she could easily discern what was going on in this or any other timeline and she already knew what was happening now was the ultimate result of Sharon's death several months back. Things were going just as they should.::

::but even THAT didnt help HER as she was now working through "letting go" of the pain, the resentment and BITTERNESS that she held in check for so long when it came to her pestilence of a mother and sister.::

bastards...the pits of tartarus will not even welcome their insipid souls.

:: she said in a cold tone. the only other sound in her spacious luxury apartment was that of the large, elegantly designed grandfather clocked that ticked along in a slow,but steady, unwavering rhythm. the temperature was lower than any other unit, as she preferred it that way.::

:: with the soft, comforting glow of the candles that surrounded her in the den she sat in, Alison was curled up in the large, deep seated couch, wearing nothing more than a victoria's secret blue gem toned bra and panty set, she was wrapped in a plush down comforter..which hid her tight, fit feminine figure.::

:: in her hands, she was reading the JOURNALS of her brother Cameron King. the same journals that Spellbinder and Persephone had secured from his compound in LA that he left to Alison in the will. the entries were taking her back to earlier times in The Six...back to when she had first met him. though times were rough back then between them...there was an odd sort of comfort to t he memories that they evoked since ultimately it as Cameron and Alison who prooved to have the STRONGEST bond in the king/marble clan.::


:: as she read the entries..Cameron's voice narrarated the entries in her mind's eye.::


Cameron King said:
June 15, 2005-
Jesus Christ! Sometimes I hate Morgan Victoria so much it hurts! She can be such a vicious bitch. She kicked me out of Illustra! She is trying to bury me in litigation with Alycia Barnett and the SEC. That is just ridiculous. She wants to bury me, I will CRUSH her! She thinks I don't know some of HER dirty deeds? I know about how she dips into the petty cash fund of Illustra to support her healthy shopping habit. I know that the "books" of Illustra have sometimes been altered to accomodate what she calls "employee" floors of which we all live in at Illustra currentl. She has yet to seen what I can do. What about Blaze's ex cocaine habit and the dirty deeds that go on in her clubs. I have seen some shady things go on and I am not above reporting all of that to the press. I could RUIN her reputation and I could give a shit about that bitch Alycia Barnett. Isn't it a conflict of interest to have the person I did my will with now try and prosecute me in front of a JURY!?!?! This is not the end of this.

This was shortly after the Inferno....Morgan threw him out of Illustra. It was a descision that most of us felt was for the best...and Alycia ALWAYS seized every opportunity she had to rake him across the coals. Stark contrast to VIVICA...who swung on his balls so tight she could've been his own personal tampon string. Clearly he didnt have his facts straight...Morgan NEVER had to pay for any of her clothes..and still doesnt. when you reach the level she has in the fashion industry, designers just GIVE YOU things.

Alycia, she had worked with Cameron on his will so far back. No wonder Vivica always felt upstaged by Alycia....but its obvious that Alycia is the stronger one of the two and she certainly didnt NEED Cameron as a client.

:: Alison remembered moments back then, like the tension filled breakfast at Morgan's the day of the grand opening of the Parthenon and the announcing of the partnership between King Enterprises and Illustra Inc., so much strife....::




Cameron King said:
June 17, 2005-
Well I just don't know what to say right now. I just got out of the office of Alycia Barnett and what started as a fight about litigation and depositions turned into one heavy kiss. It was rather odd and exciting at the same time. Alycia is more mysterious than she looks. Even though I enjoyed the kiss I can't help but feel bad that I still have everything unsolved with Haleigh. I need to control myself. Why do I put myself out to all these other people and then have Haleigh just lingering there. I can really be an asshole sometime. No doubt someone from Clandestine saw the kiss. They have their ways. What am I going to say to her? God I am such an asshole. I need something to drink.

:: Alison's cobalt blue eyes WIDENED as she read and REread this entry::

Cameron King and Alycia Barnett KISSED!? Alycia would sooner have CASTRATED him than look at him...

:: but she remembered how SHE was rather intrigued by BANE, who had prooven to be about the ONLY man among the Six who could take her abuse and ENJOY it...and somehow still manage to charm her to a degree. she suspects that if he had remained...THEY TOO would have had a moment (or two) of their own....She can't help but smile about...as she "sees" this moment in her mind's eye.::

my , my...Alycia. you ARE full of surprises arent you! but even your beauty couldnt be lost on someone like Cameron who PRIDED himself on being something a playboy. Clearly, she wouldnt go any further with it. The woman is all business and never risks her career OR her pride.

:: she couldnt help but giggle at the thought of what Haleigh would say if she found out about this....but given the strained relationship between Alycia and Haleigh, Alison felt it was best to keep this on the hush. Speaking of Haleigh....::



Cameron King said:
July 13, 2006-
Haleigh came to me tonight and we spent the night together. It was amazing.

:: Alison scoffed as she took a sip of her warm spearmint tea and nestled into her comforter a bit more.::


I could have seen THIS coming from the moment i watched them interact in that medical office building above the Citadle. the two of them had this...almost..UNHOLY chemistry between them..

Cameron King said:
I don't know why we can't just say the things we want to each other. It is like there is always a wall there. Stopping us from being together. I think it's everything. The Six, the weight of the world on our shoulders. We are always stopping this evil that is threatening the world that we can never just stop and figure things out for a minute. We lost some closeness when the whole thing with Alexis happened. It was a mistake I will admit that but I am not ashamed of it. It was something that needed to happen and I can't say that I didn't want Haleigh to be jealous about it. I just wish that we could all work things out. If we could get past all the fighting we would probably be a team to be reckoned with. I think I might have a nice glass of champagne and work out some of the details of the Parthenon/Illustra Gala that is happening soon. That should be interesting. No doubt my sister and Morgan wil wear something shocking. I hope Erika will fit in. I am really glad I found her, though I hope Alison and her can find some kind of common ground. Those two are more alike than I thought. That's all for now...

My brother...the tramp. This was post Inferno as well......"I hope Erika and Alison can find common ground"...not in your WILDEST DREAMS!

:: Alison's marble hard heart was already beginning to push out any "feeling" with regards to Erika, the biological mistake.::






August 1, 2005-
My life is falling down around me. I don't know what is going to happen. After my dream with Ororo I knew I had to change. I have been trying. I sealed off my telepathic abilities. I needed to because I couldn't go on in life and try to have relationships with people when I knew what they really thought about me. It is time to let people into my heart, and I hope that it means Alison. I just want to be accepted by her. I feel like if I can gain her trust, there is nothing I won't be able to accomplish. I try to talk to Erika about this but she doesn't understand. She tells me to go back to Alison whenever I get mad but I get the feeling that she doesn't want us to get along. That part of her wants to be the sister I go to. Now just as things are getting better I found some horrible information. A piece of intelligence that Vivica gave me showed me a prophecy that was discovered on the Six. It is something called the Marked One. This is bad news. The prophecy talks about a member of the Six that will be the end of all of us. A member that will be responsible for the deaths of Alison, Alexis and Haleigh and eventually face off with Morgan in a battle that will kill them both. I can't help but think this person is me. That I am The Marked One. It says the Marked One is completely different from the others in a way that is extremely apparant but often overlooked. I am the only male member of the Six aside from Bane but he doesn't count. The Marked One is a founding Member. I need to get away from the Six until I figure who the Marked One is... then I have to kill them. I have to kill the Marked One to save the Six.. I have a place in Tokyo I rented to get away from things and I just might use it. I can't tell anybody. I have to figure this out on my own. Can I really change if I am destined to betray everyone?


this was right when Helena Quatermaine made her appearence, reminding us all you could be a fossilized hag and still pass for being "human".

:: remembering the verbal exchange that she and Morgan had with the Red Queen of Mystech's inner circle...Alison rather ENJOYED the bitchery between them all.::

Cameron came to me that night...he wanted to start on a new path...the sincerity was there..and i warned him of what awaited him if he continued on that current path.....and inspite of all that, he STILL wound up dying...but not by his own foolishness...not even by mystech directly. but by the one woman who acted as though she was doing US a favor by trying to "help".

:: Alison slowly closed that journal....looking off into the distance toward the fire place.::
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Haleigh's Apartment: 105th floor

Zach knocked softly on the door to Haleigh's study. She'd been holed up in their for hours and while he wanted to give her the necessary space, he periodically checked in on her to see how she was.

It was sweet but starting to annoy Haleigh a little. Honestly, she'd even talked to him at LENGTH this morning at breakfast. Why was he so worried? It wasn't like she was in here crying her eyes out, overcome with angst and depression. She wasn't suicidal.... and it wasn't like she was neglecting him or that he was starved for attention... they'd been regularly making love for five or six days now. What did a girl have to do to be left to her own thoughts a while?

"Come in, Zachary."

He could tell by her tone and the fact that she used his full name that she wasn't in the brightest of moods... but that didn't deter him. What almost DID deter him, however, hit him as soon as he opened the door. The air was THICK with smoke, so much so that he could SEE it in the air. He rushed to the window and threw it open, turning to face Haleigh. She was leaned back in her leather office chair, her feet propped up on her desk. She had laid the New York Times newspaper on her lap briefly to light ANOTHER black cigarrette with her personalized Black Widow zippo, seemingly undisturbed by the smoke that lay over her like a thick blanket. It was a wonder the smoke alarm hadn't gone off. On second thought.... she'd probably disabled it.

Zach:"WHAT are you doing?"

Haleigh glanced up over the rim of reading glasses, taking a drag and tossing the lighter onto the desk carelessly. "What the hell does it look like I'm doing? I'm reading the paper. Do you mind? This is a rather interesting article on how your kids are more likely to die by drowning in swimming pools than by playing with guns. Good news for me, huh?" She said, flicking the ash into an ashtray on her desk with little regard for the incredulous look he was giving her.

Zach:"Haleigh, you don't HAVE any kids. And I'm not TALKING about that... I thought you QUIT smoking after the Inferno incident."

H:"Oh... do you give me that shit. I KNOW you smoke those PUNGENT cigars when you drink with the boys on poker night."

Z:"YEAH... ONE.... YOU.... are smoking like a damn chimney. Those things are gonna KILL you." He replied, eyeing the inordinate amount of butts in the ashtray.

Haleigh gave a half scoff, half laugh, as she brought the paper back up to read. "Yeah... I should smoke TWO AT ONCE.... it'll shorten the sentence." She responded sarcastically, going back to her paper. Haleigh'd stopped watching the television coverage a couple days ago... after destroying her SECOND flat panel accidentally by getting so worked up watching the coverage of Stavros' trial. She'd safely taken to reading the Times, as at least THAT wouldn't spontaneously combust. "And besides... I highly DOUBT these will kill me... I'm a hardly human, remember? I'm pretty sure Black Lung's got NOTHING on the T.O. virus."

Z:"That's IT. We've GOT to get you out of this penthouse. Obviously the smoke is affecting your better judgement." He said, taking the cigarrette from her lips and putting it out, pulling the newspaper from her grasp and lifting her out of the chair by the bicep. Haleigh looked him up and down... so FORCEFUL and demanding. Haleigh got a sly look in her eyes as he began pushing her out into the sitting area towards the door.

"Mmm... so bossy. You know.... anyone else would have lost the use of several of their extremities by now... but this is making me rather hot... is this how you want it now, Darling?"

Z:"No.... its a beautiful day out and we're going to go to our hamptons estate and play with the dogs.... or skeeshoot... or do SOMETHING. why do you do this to yourself, huh?"

Haleigh tried to play the innocent act,though she knew exactly what he was talking about... "Whatever do you mean, dearest?"

Z:"You hide in your study.. you berate yourself... you make everything so fundamentally difficult. Everytime I touch you, you want to have sex. Everytime someone calls you from the office, you want to pick a fight... and ANYTIME I try to talk about something more seriously than the Giants football game, you clam up. I KNOW you're upset about Cameron, I KNOW you aren't feeling this thing with Ava/Persephone, and I KNOW you're conflicted about Alycia. You can't HIDE from me Haleigh, you never could. EVERYTIME someone dies or otherwise disappears, you fall back into this cold persona, like nothing affects you.... but I can see it still does. This isn't going to go away... you've just got to FACE it... and you're going to START by getting OUT of that damned office."

Haleigh said nothing in reply... in truth... he'd hit everything right on. She knew he'd been giving her some slack these last few days... but she had to have expected he'd reach the end of his rope someday. She didn't want to deal with it all, and had been procrastinating it. How could she BEGIN to get over Cameron? How could she come to accept the 'hostile takeover' she perceived to have been Persephone's involvement in her sister's end? And how could she even THINK about supporting Alycia after what had gone down between them, even though she thought it fitting that Stavros spend the rest of his days in a federal penitentiary? She didn't know where to start.... so instead... she called after her 'babies': the now FOUR dogs in her care, including Cameron's great dane, Nora.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas' Suite

Nicolas checked his smile as he prepared to leave the apartment. It was time for him to see Morgan, talk to her. He had already een enough of the proceedings involving Stavros for a lifetime. Besides, he could always "see" whatever he wished as he wished, so he decided that he needed to get away from it all.
He was dressed in a pair of jeans with a white collared shirt and matching K-Swiss sneakers, deciding that he would dispense with formailities for today, at least for now. He had spent most of the extreme early morning managing his eurpoean assets via satellite. He was taking a well-deserved rest from suits for a moment at least.
Nicolas teleported to the hallway outside of morgan's suite. s he knocked on the door, he produced a bouquet of sunflowers in a vase with a magician's flourish.
"Rise and shine, sweetheart. I come bearing gifts! Can you come out and play?!"

He chuckled to himself as he waited for Morgan to answer.
 
Central Park

[ Delilah pressed the earphones of her ipod tighter into her ears as she ran. Central Park could be lovely when the sun was just right, and when there weren't too many tourists about. She liked to take a circuitous route up past the museum and back down through the ballfields, past the castle. Letting her feet take her where they would. This was how she took time for herself, alone with her thoughts. How she released the anger and stress. And on this morning, she ran long and far.

Everyone on the team needed a little space - many of their lives had been irreversably changed by their last mission. But even Delilah, who hadn't lost a sister or gained a new identity, needed some time alone.

Entering a particularly deserted section of the park, she heard an odd sound. She looked up at the trees. Birds, probably. The headphone blocked out most sounds and distorted those that did get through. She was coming upon an underpass of one of the park's many bridges when she saw the woman. She clutched a leather bag to her chest as she backed away from the man holding a knife in her direction.

Delilah didn't stop, but speeded up, using her enhanced speed to bridge the distance between her and the crime being committed. Slowing to normal speed just as she reached the bridge, she had come up very near to the man by the time he turned to her and told her to get lost. He lunged towards her as she reached up and put a hand on either side of his head. A focused high pitched noise shot from her hands directly to his eardrum. He lost conciousness, slumping to the ground. Deliliah kicked the knife away and looked to the open-mouthed woman. ]

"How...how did you do that?" she asked.

[ Delilah smiled warmly, comfortingly. ]

"Vulcan death grip."

[ The woman didn't get the joke, but in her condition, who could blame her?

Delilah pulled a cellphone from her wasteband and dialed a number, asking for someone at the department to come pick up the unconcious scumbag. As she clicked the phone closed, she nodded to the woman. ]

"Next time, give up the purse."

[ She waited with the woman until a mounted officer arrived on the scene, and then went on her way. They could take it from here. As she began to jog back towards Illustra, though, something was nagging at her. The quickening of her pulse as she had run towards that guy, the satisfaction of helping the woman, the feeling of "missing out" when she had left the patrolman to do his job...what used to be her job. She felt centered, at peace. She needed it again.

She stopped outside the bodega on the corner across from Illustra, buying a bouquet of white roses for her apartment and a few other things, then headed into the high rise and into the elevator. Projecting the sequence of lights over her custom entrypad system, the door clicked open and she entered. She threw the phone and ipod on a hall table, threw the plastic shopping bag on the couch and went to the kitchen for a vase. Filling it halfway with water she unwrapped the roses and put them in the water. She carried it with her back into the living room and placed it on the coffee table before heading down the hall to the shower.

She came out refreshed and dressed in clean sweats, picked up the bag from the couch and headed up the stairs to Alison's apartment. Arriving on the 106th floor, she rang Guardian's doorbell and waited. ]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Illustra- 107th floor

<< after a nice yoga workout, Morgan cools down with a bottle of aquafina. she watches the screen, not really paying attention to the content of the broadcast so much as she was noticing the more sinister glint in Alycia's eye. it was as if the woman had crossed over to a new plane of ruthless behavior.>>

<< They hadnt seen much of the woman since they returned to Illustra. Indeed Morgan hadnt seen anyone lately..they'd all beeen busy with their own lives in some way...or trying to get their lives BACK in order.>>

<< Morgan thought to go down and see Alison but her thought was interrupted by the doorbell.>>

who could that be at THIS time!

<< Morgan grabbed a towel and made her way through the penthouse and out into the larger open area toward the door. Tinkerbell was nearby...curious to see who was there as well.>>

<< Morgan opened the door and looked out...and UP. There was Nicolas. In an icy voice she greets....>>

well, well. Surprise Surprise.

<< opening the door a bit more.>>

come in, Nicolas.

<< as she invites him in, Tinkerbell immediately perks her ears and comes close...jumping up on a chair and fixing her eyes on the visitor.>>

to what do i owe this unexpected visit?
 
Illustra- 106th floor

:: even as Delilah knocked, the double doors opened before her slowly. she knew she was meant to go inside. the luxury apartment was rather cool and dark but there was that slow, steady, rhythmic ticking of the immense, curiously designed grandfather clock...the most obvious symbol of Alison's power.::

:: Delilah would find Alison in her posh, cozy den which was lit by several candles and the fire place, curled up on a large, deep seated couch and wrapped up in a blanket with one journal in her hand, and another on the dark wood coffee table. a freshly made pot of spearmint tea nearby.::

Hello Delilah.

:: Alison's voice had a bit of a lilt to it.::

do sit down.

:: Delilah had many choices on where to sit in the den.::

I was just enjoying one of those rare moments of calm in Illustra...among the Six.

you had an eventfull day in central park...

:: Alison alluded to Delilah's dealing with the rogue criminal in the park::

have you heard from the others? Alycia?
 
Morgan's Apartment

Nicolas smiled his winningest smile and gave Morgan the flowers. She was dressed in a yoga uniform that flattered, and he was appreciative. As she let him in and asked what brought him there, he did something he had never done to a woman EVER: Nicolas was at a momentary loss for words. He paused, watching Morgan for a moment, while he thought to himself.

What HAS brought me up here? Is now even to time to talk to her about ANYTHING at all???!!! Hold on....Nicolas, be cool. Just talk to her. Nevermind that she could probably turn you into a toad, just talk to her. Besides, Karen or Ororo would probably have mercy on your ass if all else fails.

Nicolas cleared his throat and spoke. His voice was deep and smooth and his demeanor regained its usual composure.

"Well, it has been a few days since I saw ANYONE around here, and I thought that maybe you wouldn't mind a little company. I have a few things to discuss with you but I would prefer hanging out with you just as much. All work and no play make us ALL a little dull, don't you think? What say we chat a bit over breakfast?"
 
Illustra-107th floor

oh how nice.

<< Morgan takes the flowers.>>

so fresh too! I'll put these in a vase.

<< Nicolas manages to ask Morgan to breakfast for conversation..as if she couldnt GUESS what ELSE was on his mind. he was, after all, a MAN :D >>

hmmm, well you're timing is actually good. I dont have any meetings scheduled. I was going to look in on Alison and see how she ws feeling, but I'll give her a little more time before i do that.

<< looking at a clock>>

just give me a moment to refresh myself and change, and we can have a bite to eat...and you can ....."conversate" as you call it. Meanwhile, Tinkerbell can keep you company.


<< looking him over, Morgan smirked to herself and laughed softly as she walked away, leaving a curious tinkerbell to stare at Nicolas very intently. the enchanted familiar was not too comfortable with such an immense being being in her mistress' apartment...and so she watched his every move...following him as he made his way to the sunken in "sitting room". the younger kitten that Haleigh had given Morgan was in this area, resting on the ottoman and Tinkerbell immediately took her "spot" on the large, plush leather sectional, her blue eyes still firmly fixed on Nicolas. Siamese were not known for being the friendliest of felines, as Haleigh had found out long ago.>>

<< Morgan was now in her chamber of dreams, in the master bathroom, showering and lavishing herself before getting ready for her little breakfast date. Nicolas would see pictures of Morgan both in her full super model "persona" and in more relaxed moments with Alison, Delilah and other celebrity friends of hers...most notably Madonna, Diddy, and Boris Kodjoe. With Karen back in Soho, This was the first time he had been to Morgan's penthouse for something OTHER than a battle related situation and he was finally able to appreciate the cutting edge decor of the spacious living area. With the exception of Tinkerbell and the kitten He was here ALONE, in the penthouse of Illustra's most celebrated super model. >>
 
Morgan's sitting room

Nicolas watched Morgan put away the flowers and accept his invitation to eat and talk. As he watched her walk into the other area to get ready, he could feel the cats watching him. He understood their apprehension with him and so he decided t0 let them have the chairs, preferring to stand as he waited. As he stood there, he noticed the amazing decor of the room itself. While Nicolas made sure his surroundong were..comfortable, they did not match this amazing sense of personal style. In addition, he noticed that Morgan knew some of the biggest names in entertainment, people he had not met before. The biggest celeb he had rated was Bono, and then only through his father's philanthropic works.

Damn, I need an upgrade to something like this.

As he watched and waited, Nicolas thoughts went back to Morgan herself. Nicolas found interacting with Morgan to be quite...invigorating. It was fun to speak with a powerful woman whose thoughts were hidden from him. It made it more dangerous emotionally. He always knew before how any woman he dealt with really felt, so there was no risk. But this woman, she could like him or not, accept him or not , and there was nothing he could do about it. That thought alone made her intriguing to him. Her beauty and sense of style made her attractive to him, and he believed that the feeling was mutual. But he didn't KNOW, did he??
So Nicolas sits and waits for Morgan to present herself, so he could see more of what this lady was about...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
and the day goes on

<< As Nicolas and Morgan began the proper firs stages of "getting to know you" and Delilah went to see Alison, it was clear that Haleigh and Persephone were having a difficult time adjusting..their lives truly effected by the seige perilous in a way no one else in the six could readily identify with. this was something THESE two women would have to come to terms with and eventually that meant the two of them confronting each other and realizing they BOTH had a stake in these changes.>>

<< the last few days at Illustra were surprisingly peacefull. the members of the six were able to "hide out" from the political fire storm that Alycia was REVELING in...and the COMPANY operations of Illustra were moving along on the floors far beneath the private residential floors.>>


<< the caper in greece had gone very well, but it was really a matter of waiting for the "other shoe to drop."...and by the day's end, it would more than drop...it would CRASH.>>
 
outside of illustra

<< after a few compliments and pleasantries were exchanged, Morgan and Nicolas left illustra for a breakfast date. now eating a posh, exclusive cafe on the upper east side , Morgan sits across a small table from Nicolas. She notes how youthfull and handsome he is. very appealing to behold. there's an awkwardness to him right now though...he's used to being able to "read" the women he tries to court. she is unlike anyone he's dealt with and she knows it.>>

<< Morgan was a known ball buster. she tolereated VERY few men in her life...a lasting scar of her father's mistreatment...she would sooner kill a man before letting him dominating her....and it was always hard for her to open up..to trust, so she kept things simple.>>

<< in an icy voice>>

so, Nicolas. now that you have me here...and we're not in the midst of a battle...what is it you wanted to talk about?
 
Posh eatery--Breakfast

As Nicolas sits at the eatery with Morgan, he takes a moment to simply watch her a bit. Just becase he cannot read a girls mind doesn't mean that he will not try to at least read her body language. He notices her watching him back, and liking what she sees. But at the same time, he senses a bit of a wall, and it is not the psi screen. The more he has learned about her (and eveyone in the Six) and her past, a theme seems to emerge: men that hurt the women around them. For him this presented an obstacle to any meaningful interaction. Despite the risk, he decided that Morgan's bullshit meter was too strong, so he smiled as he prepared to shoot straight with her.

"Morgan, the first thing I want to do is...thank you. The past few weeks have been definitely unsettling for me to say the least. Considering that you didn't have to, I want you to know that I truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to reach out to me. I hope that this is only the first of many opportunities for me to show my gratitude for your kindness and my appreciation for the person...the woman that you are."

Nicolas looked into Morgan's eyes as he made this statement. It was obvious that it was heartfelt, and he held her gaze for a moment, then smiled slightly.

"If you don't mind right now I would like to simply enjoy your company, chat about whatever you want, and just relax a bit. I do have a couple of things to ask you, but they can wait, unless you are TOO curious."

Nicolas winked at her as he poked at his food, waiting for her to respond...
 
NYC- upper east side cafe'

<< Morgan sat across from Nicolas, with her long flawless legs crossed at the knee. she carefully selected a piece of fresh fruit from the fruit tray she ordered for her breakfast. As Nicolas spoke, she sat back in her chair. her over sized sunglasses were hardly enough to deter the stare of passers by as they whispered...realizing that it was "that super model, Morgan". It was nice to be noticed, to be recognized after all this time, so she didnt show much reaction.>>

hmmm yes.

<< she nodded as she ate some fresh cantaloupe and replied in an icy voice>>

well after everything that's happened...by the time i came back from the Seige Perilous...so many things had changed and I realized the GRAVITY of how FORTUNATE I was.... that gem is not something many people can live to tell about if they are pulled into it but somehow....i was favored by the goddess.

<< she takes a moment to drink her iced water.>>

We of the Six have never had many men among us who could handle the dynamics. Some didnt DESERVE our trust...others...well, they were only meant to be with us for a time. But one thing is clear, we all come from pain and the men of the group..at least in the past have never seemed to understand that...which is why most of them arent here NOW.

<< Morgan thought about Cameron, and how bitterly those two fought. He was not used to being among women he couldnt enforce his will upon..or women that weren't impressed by him. Outside of Alexis and Haleigh, Cameron HARDLY found favor from Morgan, Alison and Alycia and he only received professional courtesy from Delilah.>>

Still....when i finally realized which way was up, it was nice to know that my mother had someone so strong..and so gallant looking after her. I understand you came to us by way of Ororo. to be HAND PICKED by her? that is an honor indeed...considering her dim view of other members of the six in the past. Thank YOU for not being like the other men...for not adding to my belief that all men are monsters.

<< a flash of Christopher Victory in her mind causes her face to tighten a bit>>

<< eating a bit more fruit, Morgan licked her lips>>

So...Nicolas... << Morgan's icy voice dripped with allure>> what is it you wanted to ask?
 
back @ Illustra- Alison's suite

[ The doors to Alison’s suite “magically” opened, and Delilah entered. Guardian’s home was welcoming but elegant at the same time. She found Alison relaxing in her den. She waved a hello as the seer greeted her. She mentioned the creep in the park. Delilah laughed. ]

“Yeah, I have to beat the suitors away with a stick.”

[ She took a seat near to Alison, who asked after Alycia. ]

“I haven’t spoken to her – I’m not sure anyone has. I thought if she would have contacted anyone it would have been you…do you think she’s okay?”

[ Delilah opened the bag she had brought and let Alison see the contents. ]

“I thought today might be an occasion for some serious junk food.”

[ She said it with a mischievous grin, and took a package of peanut butter cups out of the bag, setting the rest on a table near Alison. ]
 
Illustra-106th Floor

:: Alison closed the journal she was looking in as Delilah seated herself. smiling a bit as the woman offered some tasty "junk food".::

who told you that i even LIKED to eat?

:: Alison deadpanned with her joke as she leaned forward to sample some treats::

thank you.

:: leaning back and wrapping up in the comforter, Alison looked ahead to the fire in the hearth::

as for Alycia, she's been reveling in the thrill of flushing out Stavros, her busting Senator Stryker has been a major coup for her as well. I see her gaining a position of power within the federal government. Something that will elevate her to a level that is befitting her but will MORE than make her cross swords with HALEIGH in the near future.

But this issue with Stavros, Haleigh, Persephone/Ava is not over...not yet. Tonight will be the defining moment...something that will not come as a surprise to some...but for others it will seem rather shocking.

It involves Alycia as well.


:: She sipped on her spearmint tea.::

I've been taking some time...to myself. Something that I havent been able to do in quite a while. Just reading through Cameron's journals and reflecting. We've come very far Delilah in more than just a chronological way and the fact that we are experiencing a CALM like this...is a testament. You're here with us now...and you've been through so much just BECAUSE of that. How are you feeling?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Posh eatery-breakfast

Nicolas watched Morgan work the room without even TRYING. To see her in action was incredible. He nodded and smiled at her compliment of him, and he looked intently at her as she asked her question. He deftly picked up a strawberry from the fruit bowl and offered it for her to eat. As she tasted the fruit, he smiled and answered, his voice deep, resonant, and designed to seduce.

"Sweetheart, there are many things I would LOVE to ask of you, but most of them are much better when given, not requested if you get my drift."

He winked at her knowingly as he straightened, then taking a somewhat more businesslike tone.

"One thing I have done the last few days is look into Illustra. The company is incredibly strong, with great prospects. I have an interest in creating a partnership with my own set of companies. There are many things I think we can help with, from less expensive and more efficient shipping to providing a base of operations in EVERY major and minor port city on the planet through our merchant operations. I wanted to buy some stock in illustra and maybe one day even earn a seat on the board, but the first step for me is to ask you if any of this is to your approval. I believe that I have much to offer you...err... that my COMPANIES have much to offer Illustra. Just think of it and let me know at your leisure. I am in no hurry. As for the other thing..."

Nicolas leans closer to her and his voice lightens to a whisper.

"I really believe in what we do as the Six. I am prepared to give my life to do the right thing if necessary. But the last caper of ours made me feel not as ...useful...at times as I would like. To this end I have been designing a weapon that I would use when necessary, but I was hoping that you could give it your own...special blessing. What do you think?"

Nicolas sat back and watched for Morgan's response...
 
NYC- leaving the cafe

<< Morgan looked slightly amused at Nicolas as he leaned in close and spoke to her in a tone designed to charm or possibly entrance her. her icy violet eyes sparkled even from the shades of her oversized sunglasses as she smirked a bit.>>

<< in an icy voice>>

Why Nicolas...are you hitting on me?

<< she waved her finger as if he were being naughty.>>

didnt you know? demon sorceresses can be bad for your health.

<< she liked Nicolas, but clearly he had no idea of just WHO she was. and it was still hard...AWKWARD for her to just trust a man....to allow him to charm or even romance her. she had experienced a glimpse of it...long ago during one of her FIRST excursions to Limbo after her second encounter with the evil creature, Black..when she met a man ...named MORPHEUS. But he was from Darkchilde's timeline..and despite his gentility, his treating her as if she were the rarest and most special flower in a secret garden...it was not meant to be.>>

<< sitting her with Nicolas, she couldnt help but wonder, COULD she work with a man and enjoy his company in other ways at the same time? could she...allow herself to let him into her own secret garden?>>

<< Nicolas spoke of offering the services of his companies in a partnership with Illustra...she noted his SLIP UP when he said "I have to offer YOU" instead of "my companies have to offer Illustra" and she smiled a bit as she nodded slowly.>>

a partnership? funny you should mention that. i actually had a proposition for you regarding Illustra. Any partnerships that would result in Illustra's profit margin rising are ALWAYS appealing...but there's something else that Alison and I were planning to discuss with you and that was....

<< leaning forward a bit>>

offering you a contract to be the key signature male model of Illustra.

<< Nicolas spoke of the last caper and his desire to make a weapon...a personal talisman it seemed and going a step further to ask MORGAN to bless the weapon with her magick.>>

You're not comfortable with Magick....i sensed that during our battle with the Dire Wraiths and Malice and you want a way to better protect yourself?

<< she stood up and placed her hand under his chin, running it underneath gently>>

don't worry, I'm the most powerfull "talisman" of magick you could EVER hope to "have".


<< Morgan left the table, walking with an elegant bounce as her high heels echoed across the ground.>>

the bill is already paid, Nicolas. Come with me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top