Come together

Status
Not open for further replies.
:: Haleigh was distant, giving only a one word answer to her question. She wasn't sure if her sister was simply quiet because of what had happened the past couple of days, or if she happened to remember that little tidbit Ava told her about Patrick. Perhaps both...There was no doubt the two would have to work through what was revealed eventually, but today wasn't that day. Haleigh perked up, hearing Sharon wake. Watching her dart over to Sharon's bedside, Ava stayed put and watched from afar. Sharon wasn't quite sure what had happened, or what she had become. As Haleigh tried to explain the situation, Morgan and the rest of the six soon arrived. ::

:: Sluggishly, Ava stood from her seat, but stayed back. With Sharon back to her old self (so to speak), Ava decided keeping a low profile around the former senetor would be the best course of action. She and Sharon did, afterall, have a heated history together, and upsetting her now wouldn't be too wise. As the other gathered around Sharon, Ava stood by the window hugging a chiffon throw around her cold body, trying to keep warm. Listening absently, Ava looked out the window at the vast reigon known as Limbo....it felt like ages since the last time she was here. It still brought back painful memories for the goddess. Even as she stood there, literally 'wilting' away, the familiar feeling was a harsh reminder of those past events and her former family. Looking back to Sharon and the others...atleast this family--her new family--was still together and strong. ::
 
Happy Ending?

Mike grimaced as Karen took a dig at his manners on the roof. He however, was not going to run away. He responded, the last sentence under his breath so that only Karen would hear.

I admit to and apologize for being rough around the edges. Maybe a woman's touch would help?

As they were summoned to the roof, Nicolas walked with the group and spoke to Alycia quickly, his good humor returning with his health.

So Madame Director, do you suppose I could get LEGAL acqusition of some of your technological goodies now that we've been formally introduced? That repulsor array is a must-have for starters...

As they arrived at the roof, they began to deal with the fallout of Sharon actually surviving and wanting answers. Mike stayed in the background for this, not wanting to hinder her progress.

**************************************

Nicolas lay for a while, watching Morgan as she cleansed herself after their time together. He was as giddy as one would expect a 20-something would be if he just shared love with the hottest supermodel on the planet. He arose, and took his own turn washing himself, taking time to playfully interact with Morgan, from love taps to quick kisses. He was very happy, but he knew that it could not last forever, and so he summoned the team as he was asked and they met on the roof. He waited as Morgan spoke to Sharon about what had happened, hoping that they could successfully tie up all of their loose ends... he spoke to her as well.

We will help you become accustomed, Sharon, and we will be there for you. That is what family does. Indeed, that is what my father would have wanted.
 
Limbo- the summit

<< Karen eyed Mike with a cool gaze as they all began to repair to the top floor of the castle.>>

hmmm yess.... << she said with a slightly raised eyebrow>>

a woman's touch indeed...

young man, i'm old enough to be YOU'RE mother! even if you ARE so handsome


<< she thought as she wrapped her midnight blue, gem toned robe around her form. as Mike bantered with Alycia, Karen took a moment to further reflect. everything seemed so silent, so STILL for her. she thought she'd be more angry, more bitter that she couldnt have gotten one last shot at Riley, but it wasnt about HER. Riley would have done the same thing to Alycia, Morgan or any OTHER woman and in those final moments...it was the WOMEN that he hated the most that came together to strike him down...Alycia, Haleigh and Sharon. That she had ANYTHING to do with it, and helped in ANYWAY to ensure that the team survived, was enough for her. but one thing was for sure...she'd be DAMNED if she went on any missions with them ANY TIME SOON.>>

<< walking along, Karen allowed herself a moment of uncharacteristic vernacular as she glanced in a mirror to do a hair check and felt a little ache in her body. Riley had really done a job on her and even after healing and resting, there was still a lingering stiffness. >>

ugh...i'm REALLY getting too old for this shit!

<< she said it softly enough so that only anyone RIGHT next to her would have heard it :D >>

<< to the obsevatory above, they arrived, Karen immediately looked for a glimpse of Sharon, just to confirm that she was infact alive and the woman was laying there, looking once again beautifull>>

thank the goddess. she's okay..they all are.


<< but Sharon's restlessness and disorientation showed as well. Karen went over to Persephone who was hanging back away from the group.>>

It isnt any easier here, is it? just like in your own timeline with Darkchilde, the effect of Limbo take a toll upon you. you neednt suffer in silence though. there's an apothecary several floors below, with elixirs that will bolster your immune system while you are here.

<< the doctor advised Perspehone as she looked upon the young woman.>>

you saved me earlier...and I just wanted to thank you again for your brave and selfless act. I'm not used to being a "damsel in distress" and i didnt teach Morgan to be that way either, but sometimes, we find ourselves caught up in something that is beyond our control....and a helping hand is needed.

<< placing a gentle hand on Persephone's own hand.>>

So thank you.

<< the doctor gave a soft smile.>>
 
Limbo

::Alycia eyed the bold and rather swagger young man. A bit impertanent but still well meaning...and OBVIOUSLY one for gathering information and detail on someone...even HER.::

hmmm yes.

:: she said as she nodded, still eyeing him up and down with her own hazel eyes.::

well, my aim is good enough when the chips are down. just ask Stavros.

:: she said rather haughtily as Karen and Delilah spoke before Nicolas summoned them all. this was it. the moment she'd never dreamed would come to pass...to be reunited with her best friend...but as she'd told Delilah, she never in her WILDEST dreams imagined something like THIS! First Cameron, now Sharon...with POWERS to boot. It made her look back on her Father, and her heart did not beat so happily for a few moments.::

:: still as they all got up and made their way, Mike bantered with her about getting the hook up.::

honey please, my toys are for GROWN UPS.

:: she said with a bit of attitude as she rolled her neck and flipped her hair, walking past him:D ::

:: still, for him to be here NOW meant that he had aquitted himself well enough to SURVIVE on the field with the six and he obviously had special forces taining. She may not have been IMMEDIATELY up to speed, but when she got back to earth, to her command center, she'd DEFINATELY be researching Mr. Michael::

If you're service record is as good as you would suggest, then we'll see about affording you some personal armoury.

:: she said with a less catty tone. a sign that she wasnt writting him off, but if NICOLAS had told him anything, he knew that alycia was not one to give her friendship or consideration easily.::

:: they made their way to the observatory, where Morgan, Nicolas and Haleigh were gathered around Sharon's bed. Karen went over to Pesephone and Mike held back to give them room to deal with the disoriented former Senator.::

oh wow....

:: as she drew near and got a clear view of Sharon...Alycia couldnt help but be struck by the surreal feeling of it all. Morgan explained things, and promised Sharon that she would not be left alone to deal with this, Delilah and Nicolas promptly and whole heartedly agreed and Alycia looked upon her friend with caution. she didnt want to allow herself to be TOO emotional for Sharon might not RECEIVE it....nor did she want to show too much in front of HALEIGH either. Her hatred of haleigh had subsided, but they couldnt pretend as though NOTHING had happened. they had to talk.::

Sharon?

:: Alycia came closer....::
 
Sharon was less than enthused to see Haleigh but the hybrid didn't take it personally, considering. She WAS a little dismayed that Sharon seemed to not remember ANY of her Silver Swan days..... and she frowned as she said as much.

Sharon Kelly said:
The last time.... I saw you.... was before Master Mold.
"How convenient."

Sharon Kelly said:
You're Stavros' stepdaughter!
[Looking a little peeved] "UNFORTUNATELY for us both." she replied, slightly aggravated. Sharon swore shed never worn anything like that before, and Haleigh gave her a playfully skeptical look. "Not even to bed??" She shot.... it seemed like an odd time to crack a joke.... but that was Haleigh's odd taste in humor showing. Strangely, she got quiet.... as if her own wisecrack had made her uneasy.... truthfully, though, it had her thinking about Sharon and Zach.

Haleigh let Morgan catch Sharon up, as she watched the former senator for a reaction.... or maybe a sign that she remembered more than she let on. Morgan explained nearly everything and then expressed guilt.... and Haleigh nodded and spoke up, resting a hand on Morgan's shoulder in support.

"Morgan feels more guilty about this than she should. Morgan did everything she COULD.... but I.... I didnt. I didn't say what I SHOULD have.... about Stavros. I thought if I IGNORED him... he couldn't hurt me. Naive, I know... but he was half a WORLD away.... and out of sight truly CAN BE out of mind. I was WRONG... and many people, including you.... paid the price for that. I was ashamed of him so I never told anyone.... and that was selfish of me. I.... feel that I should apologize for that. and.... as much as I think I owe you that I reckon I ALSO should be completely honest with you. Morgan glossed over the details, but you're a GROWN WOMAN.... you deserve to know everything. You see.... when you came BACK.... with a ROARING vengeance.... no matter HOW HIGH the body count got.... Morgan DEFENDED you.... she was your advocate.... she thought you could be saved-- that you SHOULD be saved. But NOT me.... no.... I.... I thought you ought to be PUT DOWN..... I'm ashamed to say.... I wanted you DEAD. NO! I wanted to kill you.... I did... because when I FIRST found out you were alive.... it was after you tracked me down to the cathedral that I planned to have my wedding ceremony..... and you told me something.... something about the man I was going to marry..... maybe you remember him..... his name is ZACH? Is there something you think you should say about that?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:: As Alycia came near Sharon, she listened as Morgan spoke, then Haleigh.::

:: Alycia's mind raced , wondering what to say...she couldnt get over the way Sharon now LOOKED. there were some subtle but definate differences. her EYES for one thing...no longer BLUE but instead SILVER. There were silver streaks in her blonde hair as well. the shimmering, silver outfit she now wore. was it permanently apart of her body? the now metallic silver hued finger nails...and Sharon, generally looking a way she never had before. Always elegant but conservative in the past, NOW she was more along the lines of Morgan or Alison in terms of costume design.::

:: but her own mind was pulled back into focus as Haleigh went on to what...accuse or BLAME Sharon for this? as if a tryst with Zach BEFORE he was even truly committed to Haleigh was something to COMPARE to witholding information about Stavros? as if Sharon's HELP against Riley was MORE than what Haleigh was prepared to give SHARON if she had had her way? Alycia wasnt having it.::

Haleigh...what the hell is WRONG with you?

:: She glared at the woman as she bellowed::

You are the most twisted, and inappropriate woman in ANY dimension. Sharon came back...she HELPED US INSPITE OF YOU and if werent for HER...you'd be DEAD. People were MAIMED trying to help you...and NOW, this woman has to deal with the fact that she's ALIVE AGAIN...as UNBELIEVABLY as the way she DIED...and her body..her BEING is changed...and all you care about is the fact that Zach had an affair with Sharon...BEFORE he was even committed to you? If HE was never going to tell you, then maybe you should be confronting HIM about his testicular fortitude...NOT HER!



She was PROGRAMMED. She was POISONED. CANT YOU SEE SHE DOESNT REMEMBER!?


:: in blurting this out...she indicated that SHE KNEW about the affair herself and never EVER told anyone. but if anyone doubted that Alycia would protect Sharon with the ferocity of a LIONESS defending her cub...they had another thing coming. ::
 
<< Morgan looked over her shoulder as Haleigh placed her hand there and began to speak. At first, Morgan placed her own hand over Haleigh's as a silent geture of thanks and affirmation, but as Haleigh continued on, Morgan's eyes widened with disbelief. she looked around at first..wondering if she heard right...was Haleigh now attempting to BLAME Sharon for any part of this? the woman had been DEAD and then BROUGHT BACK by NO CHOICE of her own. and now Haleigh was ADMITTING that she wanted Sharon DEAD...perhaps Morgan and Haleigh WERENT on the same page after all, and Morgan stood up, looking BETRAYED as she glared at Haleigh while Alycia was the first to attack.>>

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

<< Morgan yelled with hurt in her voice.>>

THIS...THIS ISNT THE TIME OR THE PLACE!

<< Alycia called Haleigh out, Morgan looked between the two women.>>

Cant we EVEN begin to come together now...AFTER Riley's death? or has he WON the final victory?

SHARON is as much a victim as YOU are Haleigh...as we ALL were. Do you think she WANTED to come b ack as the Silver Swan? do you think she WANTED to be used as a PAWN by the very entity that she opposed...by the man who once tried to RAPE HER?

Would you EVER have known about that affair if SHARON hadnt come back? You need to be checking your ex fiancee about his LACK OF MANHOOD to come CLEAN instead of berating this woman who did MORE FOR YOU than YOU were willing to do for HER at the torture chamber. I KNEW you wanted Sharon dead...i KNEW it! you ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF!!

<< Morgan screamed as she turned away...>>

It never fails....NEVER! even when things SHOULD be turning around...YOU force them to go in the WRONG direction. Sharon HELPED you ...she did for you what WE couldnt in the battle against Riley...she TOOK AWAY his chance to KILL YOU. She did for US what WE didnt do for HER during the Master Mold caper. I THINK that should MORE than even the scales and CANCEL OUT an AFFAIR that happened AGES AGO before you were EVEN enaged to Zach.
 
Haleigh recoiled as Alycia and then Morgan took Sharon's side.... Haleigh watched them as if they'd gone CRAZY.... she let them finish.... but she had that look in her eye.... that look that everybody would recognizing as her planting down and preparing to have it out... she wouldn't be moved.... not on this. Morgan and Alycia BOTH reprimanded her and reminded her that Sharon had risked her own life to help defeat Riley.

"And it's NOT that I'm not grateful for that.... I appreciate her help, and yours, Alycia, I REALLY do.... but you, and Morgan, seem to think that her helping to destroy a COMMON enemy EXCUSES her from culpability for what happened BEFORE. And that's REALLY interesting, coming from YOU, Alycia.... because if I recall.... my risking MY LIFE fighting MASTER MOLD didn't excuse ME from my knowing Stavros from my CHILDHOOD. Curious, isn't it? I'm NOT blaming Sharon for the Silver Swan.... I'm NOT. I know that she didn't have ANY control over that.... but I AM holding her accountable for what she DID have a choice on. Riley made her a KILLER.... but he didn't MAKE her sleep with Zach."

Morgan accused Haleigh of only thinking about herself and Haleigh suddenly looked INCENSED.... she pointed her finger at Morgan and cut her off:

"HEY! DONT you say that.... DONT YOU DARE! I'm not PROUD that I wanted to kill her-- and EVEN IF I WAS..... I SUCKED IT UP when your mother ASKED ME TO so DONT YOU tell me I only think of mySELF because when you NEEDED ME TO..... I CAME THROUGH!"

She yelled back, ENRAGED that Morgan would try to throw THAT in her face. She took a deep breath and collected her thoughts.... and then continued..... and surprisingly, at the risk of opening herself up to ANOTHER attack.... she pulled KAREN, of all people, into the mix.

"What do YOU think, Karen? Do I not have an RIGHT to feel this way?? Surely YOU understand where I'm coming from.... MALICE DID IT TO YOU. Sharon KNEW I was involved Zach, JUST LIKE Malice knew about you and Christopher..... and if HE wasn't going to tell me, then DAMNIT, she should have! I know I'm a SHITTY person sometimes, but as a WOMAN, she should have had the RESPECT to tell me what was going on! I just want to know what kind of person that takes.... what kind of WOMAN would do that to one of her own."
 
[ Delilah took a step towards Haleigh. ]

"Look, no one is saying you should forget about what happened."

[ She glanced at Morgan and then continued. ]

"And I know that everyone here sees what you did for Sharon. You saved her. But like Morgan said - let's take a minute to breathe here before we start fighting again."
 
:: Feeling Karen's hand rest on her shoulder, Ava turned her head to the doctor and gave her a faint smile. Karen suggested she head down to the apothocary for an elixier that would help her system cope better to Limbo. ::

"I was actually preparing to do so, but I wanted to ask Morgan first, before I went poking around in her apothocary."

:: Karen went on to thank Ava for assisting her earlier. Shaking her head as if to say it wasn't necessary, the doctor continued. Giving her another smile, Ava squeezed Karen's hand in return. ::

"Think nothing of it, doctor. I know you would have done the same for me."

:: As tender as that moment was, it was suddenly overshadowed by Alycia screaming at Haleigh. Lowering her eyebrows, she looked up and over to where Alycia, Haleigh, and Morgan here. They all suddenly got into a huge fight....sighing out, Ava lifted her fingers to her forehead and closed her eyes. Her head was already pounding, and this yelling wasn't helping. As Haleigh brought Karen into the conversation, Ava let go of her hand knowing the doctor would have a few choice words in the matter. Haleigh certainlly had a knack for timing, that was for sure. ::

"Haleigh...couldn't this have waited until...oh I don't know, Sharon was up for longer than five minutes?"

:: Her voice sounded strained and a bit horse, but direct and sarcastic. Even Ava had a problem with Haleigh jumping down Sharon's throat after only minutes of her awaking...it just wasn't the right time, or place. ::
 
Summit- observatory

<< Karen turned her head as she heard Alycia bellow at Haleigh.>>

not again!

<< after all they'd been through...even NOW Haleigh could find a way to provoke Alycia? the woman took BULLETS on behalf of Haleigh and the team!>>

<< as she and Ava drew near to the situaiton, she heard what was going on, and her disapproving glare cast upon Haleigh BUT she refrained from commenting as the woman rebutted fairly. Karen couldnt fault Haleigh, at least not on the subject of the affair. but the TIMING was off as usual.>>

<< Delilah stepped in and offered a WELL TIMED reminder to them all to keep themselves calm before this degenerated. and as Haleigh asked Karen how she felt...calling out Karen's OWN experience as the woman scorned....Karen narrowed her eyes.>>

Haleigh, my marraige and the failure of it is NOT to be used as a platform to BOLSTER your ILL TIMED efforts to hold someone accountable for their actions when CLEARLY they are not in the right frame of mind. It is NO BETTER than a prosecuting attorney who interrogates someone who is CLEARLY incoherent.

<< stepping forward a bit, making sure her robe was properly closed since she didnt trust Mike's eyes. :D , she gently placed a hand on Morgan's arm, indicating her to step back by Delilah.>>

Yes, as a woman, I too would have appreciated the honesty even the BOLDNESS of "the other woman" to admit what she was doing to me at least ACKNOWLEDGING my role but in MY case, "the other woman" was an omega class telepath who was the figure head of a global entity bent on destroying ALL of us. her taking Christopher was part of her plan against me and my family.

MALICE was the ENEMY. There was no way in HELL that I ever would have had a civil conversation with her long enough for her TO tell me about Christopher's affair. further more, there was MORE than enough evidence to proove that he was telepathically coerced ...at least at the START of it.

SHARON was an ally of this team. She was Morgan's friend, as well as Alycia's and I have worked with her many times myself. Do you KNOW FOR A FACT that SHE knew you and Zach were THAT CLOSE? When you MET Zach, did you EVER wonder how h e was able to AFFORD the car, the clothes and OTHER items he had from the start? Sharon DIED before you had the chance to EVER really know her outside of being hired to PROTECT her....and if it HAD gotten to the point where this affair had come to the surface, i think we ALL saw enough of Sharon PRE SILVER SWAN to know that the woman faced things HEAD ON. She allowed her private life, the fact that her SON was a mutant to come out in the press.

When she came BACK as the Silver Swan, she was PROGRAMMED to destroy you and your life. do you really think that SHE at that moment she revealed it, had ANY CARE of the PAST? all she wanted was to see you DEAD and now, she cant even REMEMBER that.

<< looking at Sharon briefly , seeing the woman was growing agitated.>>

Under NORMAL circumstances, IF Sharon had SURVIVED the night of Master Mold..and things had gone on, then YES I expect that she WOULD have come to you had she KNOWN you and Zach were as COMMITTED as you were. NONE of us were there...save perhaps Alycia, who just hinted that she may have known what was going on as well and Zach is no where to shoulder HIS accountability. So while I can't BLAME you for the feelings you may have about that affair, I would advise you to remember the time and place in which WE are and to remember that while you might THINK your circumstances were the same as mine...they were NOT and Sharon is no where NEAR as repugnant as Malice was.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas saw the agitation in Sharon's face as the situation deteriorated swiftly. No one was at blows yet, but the question for a moment seemed to be not IF but WHEN. Delilah and Karen both eloquently appealed for calm, and Nicolas stepped for ward as well, standing between Haleigh and Sharon.

Look, ALL of us have shortcomings and/or issues that were pulled to the surface here. But we have to WALK before we run. Haleigh, the person responsible for your relationship ultimately was Zach, NOT Sharon. And I am of the opinion that this THING was not permanent and would have come to light in time. That does not excuse the situation, but is Zach HONESTLY worth being the first thing we discuss? After all we have been through?

**************************************

Mike was sitting back, allowing the others to interact when it all went south in a huge way. Shaking his head, he was in disbelief.

Do they face death so damned often that they don't even get to revel in SURVIVING???!?? They have to HURRY back to the mundane bullshit of the day?? For that mousy white boy I saw?!

Mike decided early on that this was not to be his fight. He only hoped that th ye would sort it out. So he decided to focus on the good doctor, especially since she was struggling mightily to cover herself in that robe. :p He raised one eyebrow and simply watched.
 
As Delilah insisted they took a moment, Haleigh took a deep breath.... but it was a little late to put the worms back in the can NOW, wasn't it? Persephone seconded Delilah's position, but Haleigh cut her sister a COLD glare.

"Now I KNOW that YOU aren't in any position to be talking to ME about TIMING, Ava."

She shot back, a comment that was CLEARLY loaded, just in case Ava HADN'T been sure how Haleigh was feeling about the little secret Ava'd kept for so long. Karen stepped in, initially looking like she was going to tear into Haleigh, as she was wont to do, but in a surprise turn of events, she VALIDATED Haleigh, though it was clear she was reluctant to do so..... never the less, Haleigh was pleasantly surprised enough to LISTEN to the rest of what the doctor said. As the doctor suggested that maybe Sharon didn't KNOW Haleigh and Zach were that close:

"How could she NOT?? The man LIVED with me for WEEKS before Master Mold was unleashed, EVERYBODY knew. We'd been together since BEFORE the SIX.... we may not have been as CLOSE as recently, but we were CLOSE ENOUGH to the point were I felt I should have been awarded the COURTESY."

Karen continued, pointing out the differences between Sharon and Malice.

"I'm not suggesting Sharon is Malice or ANYTHING like that.... the TERMS of their relationships with each men may not be EXACTLY the same, but it's SIMILAR enough to draw comparison in ONE WAY or another..... and if ZACH were here, you can BET I'd be VILIFYING his ass, at the very LEAST... and YEAH..... maybe Sharon WOULD have come to me.... except she DIDNT.... and this is were we ARE. but HERE'S an idea, and call me CRAZY..... but maybe the whole LOT of you should stop speaking FOR HER and let her tell me HERSELF..... maybe if I didn't have to talk to all of her mouthpieces FIRST, this conversation would ALREADY BE OVER."

After another timing comment:

"Oh, on the CONTRARY.... I think now is the PERFECT timing.... it's kind of like walking through broken glass barefoot.... you've got to get ALL THE SHARDS OUT before you can properly heal.... and if there's a PROBLEM, I think we ought to FACE it NOW rather than put it off to later after everyone starts to THINK we were doing so good. Why fool OURSELVES and let something FESTER? Didn't we learn ANYTHING with the rift between Alycia and I? We IGNORED it and we let it GROW until it absolutely BLEW UP on us.... how about you guys let me avoid THAT mistake THIS time, eh?"

Nicolas stepped in here.... and asked if Zach was WORTH the fighting.... Haleigh grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in, her voice dropping and her eyes suddenly looking a little teary-- not that she'd let any one ELSE see that. Nicolas wasn't in any danger, everybody knew that.... but Haleigh wanted to make sure she had his attention.

"He's WORTH it TO ME, alright?? God DAMN IT.... I LOVED HIM! Does that mean NOTHING to you?! ANY of you?? Can you not IMAGINE?? EVERYTHING I thought I KNEW FELL APART and EVERYONE I counted on ran out on me-- and I was SO FUCKED UP that HALF the time I wasn't even AWARE of what I DOING.... well NOW I've got to pick up the PIECES.... Christ.... THAT what I'm trying to DO! I've hit ROCK BOTTOM.... If I don't DEAL WITH THIS.... there's no WAY I'll be able to go UP from here. First things FIRST. Can you BEAR WITH ME??"
 
Limbo

[ sharon looked with disbelief, as what was being said soaked in...but it was HALEIGH that stung the most...and Sharon struggled out of her bed, REFUSING to lay any longer...as she now stood up looking flustered.]

YOU!

[pointing at Haleigh]

YOU...PROMISED ME that YOUD PROTECT ALYCIA AND MYSELF!!

[ tears in her eyes.]

BUT YOU FAILED! I DIED ...and i had the chance to be with my husband and my son again...and HERE I AM...and LOOK AT ME!! i dont even LOOK the same anymore....and ...i dont understand why i feel the way i do, but all you can do is bring up something that was BRIEF !?

YOU SELF CENTERED BITCH!!

[ She screamed]

I DIDNT EVEN KNOW that it was YOU Zach was seeing. He was...my PAGE. He WORKED for me. It became something MORE and he ENJOYED the benefits of "being with a....a senator"


[ she looks down at herself...]

a SENATOR.....that's what i WAS....but what am i NOW!?

[ looking at Haleigh.]

I ...i DONT CARE about you! you didnt protect me...you FAILED! I dont CARE about you OR Zach. THE WHOLE TIME I WAS WITH HIM....I...I WAS SLUMMING! TO THINK THAT I COULD HAVE HAD A SECOND CHANCE being HAPPY with a man...with GUSTAV.... but ZACH ...he PLAYED on my emotions....and YOU? you think its ALL ABOUT YOU!?

BOTH of you can ROT IN HELL!

[turning to the others]



LOOK AT ME!! I'm ALIVE...and my husband and son are STILL DEAD! ALL the work that i did...was for NOTHING...since apparently I KILLED people as the Silver Swan!

I DONT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS!!!



MORGAN....ALYCIA??

[ she looked at them, clearly she was beside herself, but this was to be expected. she couldnt reconnect to her past life ...and she didnt relish the current incarnation of her life.]
 
:: Haleigh's words stung like a cut covered with salt. Narrowing her eyes into a glare, she opened her mouth to say something, but instead stopped. Scoffing softly, she was simply too tired and weak to start an all out war with her sister. With a roll of her eyes, she just allowed Haleigh to have her melt down moment. She understood Haleigh's grief and her heartache. She understood why she wanted Sharon to answer her questions. But the fact of the matter was they had just arrived in Illustra after days of battling Silver Swan AND Rick Riley. Was a couple days rest too much to ask for before they embarked on world war 547? Obviously it was... ::

:: As Haleigh let her feelings be known to everyone, so did Sharon. She was distraught and angry. Lashing out at Haleigh, she soon called for both Morgan and Alycia, obviously needing some comfort. Watching quietly, there wasn't much Ava could say or do at this point, to make the situation any better. So like Mike, she decided toremain quiet. ::
 
Limbo

<< Haleigh fired back at Morgan enough and to the point that Morgan couldnt immediately retort. it was happening AGAIN..they were being pulled apart instead of coming TOGETHER...and after all they'd been through!? it was inexplicable to Morgan and a few others in the observatory but it was happening just the same.>>

<< Delilah stepped forward and Morgan huffed with annoyance. Karen gently directed her daughter to stand back with Delilah as she was now called in to the confrontation by Haleigh, who without even a thought, sidestepped her own sister's appeal for TACT at this moment.>>

<< as her mother boldly addressed the situation with herself, malice and christopher...something she'd long kept private...Morgan could feel the pain and resentment in her mother but she held up very well making it clear that the situations werent remotely the same and that Sharon was not anything like Malice. But Haleigh, who was obviously hurting STILL wanted to displace the WHOLE of the blame on Sharon seemingly because Zach was just NOT THERE to shoulder HIS part of the blame.>>

You're not being FAIR!

For goddess sake...the woman has been DEAD and resurrected in the most horrid way..and you want her to just BYPASS all of that to focus on THIS!?

<< Nicolas spoke up...saying what more than a FEW people had come to feel about Zach, INCLUDING her. that he wasnt all that and as Haleigh pulled him in, Morgan resisted the urge to SNATCH Haleigh away from Nicolas. Despite all of this...Morgan couldnt allow herself to go over the edge. she WOULDNT because no matter how RIDICULOUS and IMPOSSIBLE Haleigh insisted on being, deep down, Morgan still cared about her as a team mate...as FAMILY. it wasnt a year ago...they'd been through too much to be like THAT again...but Haleigh made it SO HARD!>>

<< Morgan was getting a headache and noticed Persephone wasnt doing well EITHER...>>

the effects of Limbo....just like before....in her timeline....

<< Morgan waves her hand and a small stepping disc opens, and a jar with sparkling pink elixir in it spins forth from the desk to float in front of Perspehone.>>

<< turning to the goddess, Morgan spoke softly as Haleigh and Nicolas locked horns>>

here, drink this. you need it now.

<< she nodded before turning to see SHARON rise up in harried anger. Morgan was afraid it was about to get violent, but it seemed that Sharon was becoming more CONNECTED to herself...and remembering what she could, feeling the RESENTMENT of DYING , not to mention being "welcomed back" by someone confronting her about an AFFAIR of all things.>>

<< Sharon was upset...she was no longer human, no longer a senator, she couldnt go BACK to her life...for the world knew her to be DEAD. her husband, her son...ALSO dead..but now she was alive..and she was something else OTHER than simply human. Morgan and her friends...they were BORN the way they were...SHARON was TURNED INTO this...and she couldnt grasp it.>>

<< the woman slammed Haleigh and denounced her with righteous resentment and Morgan's heart sank.>>

this ..isnt how it's supposed to BE!!

<< she closes her eyes, clenching her fist with frustration>>

<< Sharon proclaims she doesnt want to live this way...calling to her friends, Morgan and Alycia.>>

Sharon.....I KNOW this is difficult...its not something ANY ONE dreams of going through. I'm here too..after dying in the same battle you did...and it took me WEEKS to ...return to some form of "self"...you're not alone....WE'RE your family too! Alycia, myself....Delilah, Nicolas...the son of the man who LOVED you after Robert died....my mother...WE love you and we want you here....how you came BACK may have been terrible, but you're FREE of that now....and we can help you ...

<< Morgan felt like she was failing..>>

DAMMIT HALEIGH!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS NOW!!

<< she covered her face>>

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP HER NOW AFTER YOUVE GREETED HER WITH THIS!?

YOU AND I HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD before...we've been DEAD and come back...but WE werent turned INTO something. YOU had the chance to hide out and acclimate, i had my mother and ororo...and Sharon NEEDS us.

it SHOULDNT BE LIKE THIS!! we've suffered SO MUCH through this caper we sould be coming TOGETHER now....
 
As Haleigh grabbed Nicolas, he bent over a bit until she could speak her peace eye to eye with him. After she finished he stood up a bit, keeping her gaze. His growl matched her own low voice.

I KNOW of love, AND of loss. And I have questions of my own for Sharon in time, things that would give MY own heart peace as I see my father's lost love before me. But if you destroy her emotionally before she can get herself together you get NOTHING. Is that what you want? Besides, what can she tell you that will give your heart peace? That she's SORRY your man was too chickenshit to keep it to himself? That he meant nothing to her? What do you want from her? Nothing she can say will assuage your hurt feelings or justify his lack of loyalty to you. That's a FACT. Haleigh, I hate that you are hurt by this and for that ALONE I would kill Zach on SIGHT. But if you want closure, or peace, or revenge, or an explanation, Mike will deliver him to you in less than an hour of us arriving back at Illustra, and then you can interrogate the REAL culprit at your leisure.
 
Sharon finally rose up and responded, but Haleigh was RIGHT THERE and for everything Sharon had to say, Haleigh responded.

"YES I DID.... I FAILED, but I CANT CHANGE THE PAST..... I HAVE TO FACE IT, and SO DO YOU! LETS FACE IT, SHALL WE??!"

Sharon:"You SELF CENTERED BITCH!"

"YOU HOMEWRECKIN' HO!"

As Sharon claimed she didn't KNOW:

"THATS STRANGE! YOU APPARENTLY KNEW STAVROS HAD BEEN MY STEPFATHER FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, BUT YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOUR LITTLE BOY TOY WAS LIVING IN ILLUSTRA, OF ALL PLACES?!"

After Sharon lamented that Haleigh thought it was 'all about her':

"UM, HELLO! YOU'VE BEEN 'ALL ABOUT ME' FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS-- WHY THE HELL WOULD WE CHANGE THE SUBJECT NOW, RIGHT WHEN WE'RE AT THE HEART OF THE MATTER?!?"

Sharon seemed to call for support, and Morgan stepped in, calling foul.

"NOTHING ABOUT THIS IS FAIR!"

She yelled back..... clearly worked up and frustrated as anyone. Morgan threw caution to the wind, finally yelling back at Haleigh after trying reassure Sharon. She again visited the poor timing topic. Haleigh threw her hands up, vexed beyond reason, falling back on sarcasm.

"OH, I DON'T KNOW..... I JUST THOUGHT I'D WAIT FOR THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME. I WAS GOING TO DO IT WHILE WE WERE FIGHTING RILEY, BUT I COULD HARDLY GET A WORD IN!"

She kept up now with Morgan, only now EVERYONE could see she was close to tears:

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HELP HER IF I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT HER?!?!"

After Morgan commented about them not being TURNED into something:

"I WAS TURNED INTO SOMETHING! ARE YOU FORGETTING THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR STUPID SECRET WEAPON TOO? THEIR TO VIRUS SUCCESS?? I WAS TURNED INTO THAT-- AND I JUST FOUND OUT I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL IT IF THEY WANT TO FUCK WITH ME-- AND I NEEDED YOU [her voice suddenly dropping from a yell, tears streaming] You weren't there. We should have come together a long TIME ago, Morgan.... but the littlest thing tears us apart. Everyone wants me to FIX my relationships.... but when i try to do that you STOP me.... because I don't do it the way YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE DONE. why is it that you have to try SO HARD to make me just like you?? why do you expect me to be as good as you..... with this stuff?? I CANT.... I'm NOT."

Nicolas rebutted, and Haleigh turned to look at him.... she seemed to have gotten all the yelling out.

"I don't know..... maybe I need an apology.... maybe I just need to know that she didn't do it on purpose... or that she's not as HAPPY to HURT me with it as she was when she TOLD ME about it.... maybe I just can't GET THAT MOMENT out of my head."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas listened past all of the anger and words with Sharon and everything else and heard Haleigh. She was simply in pain. It didn't matter that the guys was not worth it in the end, or that he was a coward for running out on her. He was HER man, and all of this hurt. Nicolas looked at her earnestly.

I know, I understand how you must feel. But I am asking you, we all are, to find a way to get through this without striking out. Sharon verbally struck back at you, but whether you want to admit it or not, her words make sense. She did not give a thought to who Zach might be with any more than you did as to how he kept up his lifestyle. He got you BOTH, and because of him you both lost love and will have to live with pain. Don't do the typical woman-on-woman crime thing here. Whether you THINK she knew or not, Zach DEFINITELY knew everything. About her words to you before, remember that she was controlled, much like you were throughout this. It is a fact with which we must all deal, but you two in particular. In the end, you two have so much in common. I would hate to see you at odds when you should be using your shared experiences to HELP each other through this.

<<Looks at Sharon>>>

Sharon, I am all grown up now. You were always there for me, even when I did not realize it. Allow me to be there for you. Just as I have worked with Morgan to make the best of what has occurred PHYSICALLY, please allow me to help emotionally. Between the resources inherited from my father and behind-the-scenes cooperation from the US government that I am sure Alycia could garner, we can help you cope with this, find a new way in life. You are strong, and just as you found a new path with your son's death, so can you now find a new path following your own death that can reflect the person you have always been. A GOOD person. Do not shut us out.

Nicolas spoke with passion, a passion that was so earnest that the walls of the room began to shake in rhythm with his increased heartbeat. The emotion of the moment was giving the young mutant small control problems of his own...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Limbo- the summit

<< Morgan was slammed by Haleigh's words...they werent attacks or insults...they were simply JUST her feelings and Morgan felt TERRIBLE as she looked dismayed and turned away.>>

<< standing closest to Delilah, she murmured.>>

and so, if i didnt think I couldnt do the job of "leading" before...THIS clinches it. no matter what i do...someone always ends up feeling the burn from my FAILURE.

<< Nicolas interrupted the indignant catfight between Sharon and Haleigh. and Alycia want to Sharon's side, trying to figure out what she could DO or SAY.>>

<< Nicolas was speaking from the heart and he was RIGHT and while Morgan couldnt at all empathize with Haleigh, it suddenly didnt seem AS terrible, because Haleigh ADMITTED she was doing it the best she could and that she wasnt "as good as Morgan" was in situations like this. Not that MORGAN felt SHE was any kind of example to be reference.>>

<< shutting her eyes tightly for a moment as the two women screamed at each other, Morgan finally turned around after Nicolas spoke.>>

I didnt PLAN for things to go the way they did Haleigh. i thought i could control the situation...make EVERYTHING better for EVERYBODY...ALISON makes it look so easy..but she's not HERE. If it hadnt been for Nicolas , Delilah, my mother...even AVA's objectivity...i would have went round the bend THIS time as well. I didnt want to TURN from you...in my WILDEST DREAMS i didnt imagine that SHARON would be brought back AGAINST US.

the wounds that were opened...werent just in YOU, they were in ME...in ALL of us....but when people TRIED to help you, you PUSHED THEM AWAY! Namely my MOTHER. we risked our LIVES time and again trying to BLOCK Mystech's influence over you....we struggled with NO help or insight from you..and I AGONIZED over what to do...what steps to take, fearing that i would doom us all with each descision. this is my FIRST caper WITHOUT Alison...and quite frankly i dont think i did the best job...BUT we have SHARON..we have YOU and ALYCIA....and RILEY is dead.

His plan was to destroy YOU and use OTHERS to hurt US..and he FAILED.

do you REALLY think that Sharon, in her right mind would have used her time with Zach as a WEAPON against you? You KNOW her better than that just by her demonstrations BEFORE Master Mold. ZACH may not have told HER everything and you SEE she didnt KEEP AFTER him as he drew closer to YOU.

WHY are you acting like she PLANNED this?

and.....


<< Grabbing Haleigh's arm to force her to look at Morgan>>

WHY do you make it SO DAMN HARD for us to HELP you....to LOVE YOU LIKE FAMILY SHOULD!!??

<< glaring at Haleigh>>

of ALL of the current team...YOU, ME, DELILAH...we were the ONLY ONES there the night of Master Mold...and when Sharon came back...instead of us pulling together, you had ALREADY done your best to ALIENATE everyone....WHY do you always DO THAT!?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top