Christina Hendricks joins pilot

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
I think MEN really only see her FIGURE :p I did enjoy her on Mad Men myself. considering the era that show was set in, her character definitely bucked the norm for what a woman "should be" @ that time.
 
I did dislike how the men's bad behavior was almost ROMANTICIZED as being "apart of an era long gone" or some shit like that. everything from the sexism to the hints of racism they sprinkled throughout the show. but it was ultimately about making these men seem SYMPATHETIC. I liked how certain characters, like Christina's, were able to steal the spotlight & get attention & to showcase a woman who was smart ("scheming" on the show lol) & "ahead of her time" in that she was not a mere doormat.
 
Yeah, that was what I didn't like about the show as well, that it was "glamourizing" being a cheat and treating women like objects.
 
Back
Top