Blood makes noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
illustra-100th floor

:: Alycia stretched and exhaled with relief as those rather dim detectives left. She felt that they should have been a tad more efficient and since it was HER LIFE that was endangered...and Stavros was a federal fugitive, it shouldve been obvious that he deserved to be killed.::

:: she didnt care about what haleigh had said, in her mind, that woman had truly gone mad and was a danger to The Six. She would DEFINATELY be pursuing the option of having Haleigh captured and worse.::

well, that is over. once they realize the SCOPE of this, and who i am, this will be immediately made to "go away". all that posturing that bitch Haleigh did will be for NOTHING.

:: turning to Morgan and Nicolas::

I want you both to understand something...SHE is on my SHIT LIST now and there WILL be reprocussions for what she has done.

:: Nicolas asked them to accompany him and Morgan checked in with Alison who reported that nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. there was still the mystery of how Stavros got in, but that would be dealt with later.::

:: Alycia and Morgan followed Nicolas now.::
 
Nicolas Apartment

Nicolas led the two women up to his suite. He motioned to the guest area.

"Alycia, I hope all is to your liking. I have tried tomake it as accomodsting as possible. My own designing taste may be viewed as a bit...spartan. But here you will be safe, that I promise."

Nicolas apartment was not as luxurious as the others, but it was very nice. One thing that would be noticed was the abundance of plants, especially in the main room and the balcony.

"Ladies, if you will please follow me..."

Nicolas led them to the balcony. At the center was a small dark granite monument, two feet square and four feet high, with a place on the top for a flame. It was lit ans the flame made the inscription glow faintly. The inscription read:


Gustav Magnusson Sharon Kelly

You will be missed, but you will never be forgotten.



Nicolas turned to the two women. He looked at Alycia as he spoke.

"At Cameron's funeral, you led me to Senator Kelly's gravesite. I hope we can return there soon. At that time I told you that I had something to show you, and this is what it was. I wanted a reminder of my father and I had decided that his memory was in fact intertwined to a degree with that of Senator Kelly's, so I made this in their honor. It is something small, but i wanted to share it with you --(looking at Morgan for a moment)--with both of you."

Nicolas was a bit emotional as he spoke of his Father and the Senator. He knew that a lot had happened tonight, but he felt compelled to show them this monument, as it had so much sentimental value to him.
 
Illustra-100th floor, Nicolas' suite

<< this was the first time Morgan had been fully inside of this suite on the 100th floor since ....well LONG since before Prophet had left Illustra. The changes were stark constrast...but the lush foliage around the luxury apartment definately appealed to Morgan. it reminded her of Ororo's lush garden and showed that Nicolas had a softer side to him.>>

Tinkerbell would have a field day munching on these plants.

<< Morgan thought to herself as she smiled a bit. >>

<< Nicolas lead the way out onto the large balcony and there was a beautifull memorial to Nicolas' father and Sharon Kelly. it was not over done...but it conveyed respect to the memory of these two people and there was the eternal flame as well. As Nicolas explained, Morgan nodded and walked up...running her hand over Sharon's inscription.>>

It's beautifull....

<< bowing her head as she remembered Sharon's beautifull smile. her fragile beauty but TOUGH AS NAILS resolve. in this moment, as the wind blew a bit, she forgot about all the ugly encounter that took place a floor below and even the sick, cruel remarks that Haleigh made were now being washed away.>>

Alycia....don't you pay ANY attention to what Haleigh said. She had no right to use Sharon's death as a "weapon" to hurt you....and your friends..your REAL friends know that you did what you could...you faced a HORRIFIC situation with courage that most MILITARY men dont even have.

what happened that night....it can't be blamed on ANYONE...though , as perverse as it sounds, i feel i SHOULD shoulder the blame. Delilah put it in perspective for me right before we left for Greece...and I realize that we all did what we could.....

her memory will live on, the good she did continues and her death was not in vain.

<< looking out over the city>>

MysTech is a SHADOW of what it used to be...and Alycia is on the verge of being able to make sweeping changes from a federal level...Sharon would be PROUD of you Alycia...for taking down Stavros, for not being a AFRAID to bust up one of the most powerfull families connected to Mystech. It's what she would have wanted. So don't let what Haleigh said get to you. I don't know WHAT the hell her problem is...but before this week is over...we WILL find out.
 
Illustra- Nicolas' suite

:: Alycia walked through Nicolas' luxury apartment. The decor was hard, strong, masculine but there were soft touches in the right places...the foliage was beautifull and made the place cozy like a retreat. Nicolas showed her to her guest quarters and she nodded.::

I'm sure it'll be fine, Nicolas. I've been to the Cell, and in a BUS while a mega sentinel rampaged through the city, i'm not as weak as i might look compared to your super powered peers.

:: they moved through the spacious dwelling and out to the large balcony and nicolas directed her attention to the monument to Gustav and Sharon.::

you made this?

:: she said softly as the glow of the eternal flame provided a warm feeling over Alycia. she looked over the memorial slowly, to take in all of it. it exuded strength and endurance but there was a feeling of love and respect behind it. This was Nicolas' small personal tribute to his father and the woman whom his father was very close to...the woman who alycia had counted as a close friend and colleague for many years.::

it's beautifull.

:: she too stepped forward, and gently ran her hand over the inscriptions as her own memories of Sharon returned. she closed her eyes...and a tear fell as she began to feel heartache and it seemed Morgan KNEW what was troubling her as the sorceress spoke.::

How could she even GO there, Morgan? That woman...has NO tact or respect. It's just like i TOLD YOU back during the NERVOUS caper! She's a cruel, heartless woman. She always claimed YOU AND ALISON were the ones with no heart...but YOU....you laid your life down to save us all from Master Mold...you tried your best to save Sharon.

:: clenching her fist.::

I cant even REMEMBER that...because I had been rendered unconscious....i awoke in time to be with Sharon in her last moments...and I always thought...

:: her voice shaking...::

that i was doing all that i could!

:: in a moment of weakness she turns to Morgan and Nicolas.::


making sure she didnt pass on...alone...


:: Alycia sat down on a chair on the balcony, just sitting there quietly as the wind whistled in the night air. Morgan spoke to her and encouraged her. and as Alycia settled herself about the pain and guilt over Sharon, that feeling was replaced by a new focus...a new "TARGET"...and her name was Haleigh Davidoff.::

:: even as Alycia found her new target, she was unaware that she HERSELF was now someone ELSE'S target.::
 
From Illustra to the Parthenon

:: with Cameron and Erika dead, along with Kelly King, Alison Marble was the only one in her family left but for years she had already felt like "the only one". The Six FINALLY understood WHY she had seemingly abandonned her family so many years ago and now that this chapter in her life was closed, she felt so relieved, so burden free. It almost made her feel TOO "relaxed" especially considering the current situation.::

:: of course Alison cared about Alycia and would do everything she could to protect her as well as Illustra but Alison couldnt help but be in her own "little world" for the moment.::

:: Haleigh's nasty , rude outburst meant little to Alison. The woman clearly was handling her own exposed nerves very badly and Alison knew it how ironic..they claimed ALISON to be the cold heartless bitch in her family, but she turned out to be the strongest and most honorable. could the same thing be said for Haleigh who not only said things she shouldnt have, but used Sharon's death as a guilt tactic against Alycia...something that didnt make sense since HALEIGH was the one who was supposed to have been protect the both of them right along with the rest of the team.::

:: either way, Alison put that out of her mind as she prepared to leave Illustra for a while. She saw an "anomoly" at the Parthenon. Morgan owned the hotel and Alison was her director of operations. Something had taken root there, something that didnt belong and Alison decided to investigate unaware just yet that what she was sensing was Ethan, a mercenary out to assassinate Alycia on the orders of Stavros Cassadine..::


:: leaving Illustra, Alison BLINKS to the parthenon and appears in the main lobby. it was the 3rd shift and all was quiet and seemingly in order.::

:: choosing to appear business casual, Alison wore a simple ensemble of a black pin stripped suit consisting of slim lined black trousers, and black tailored blazer that revealed firm, ample cleavage, along with black high heels. moving up to the night desk, Alison spoke to the clerk who recognized her immediately::

I would like a print out of all the occupants in this hotel, including celebrity guests and unoccupied rooms. I want the phone records as well.

:: Alison came around to the other side of the desk and into the night auditor's office. seating herself. the clerk quickly carried out her orders and she began to read over the information rather quickly.::

so strange that I would come here...it all feels so alien to me now that Cameron is gone but my perception tells me that something is not right. I will find out who or what it is....and then i will ELIMINATE it


:: Ethan may have thought he was the best there was...but even as he hunted Alycia, HE was now about to become the PREY himself.::
 
Parthenon - Top Floor

Ethan looked at the security cameras of the Parthenon as he had rigged them up to a remote server that he was uploading from his laptop computer. He was surprised to see someone in the Parthenon that he could have sworn he recognized. Getting off of his bed he grabbed one of the case files and read it out loud.

"Alison King Marble.. Brother to the recently deceased Cameron King, stock broker and real estate mogul... Personal Assistant to Morgan Victoria, President of Illustra Inc. Sister Erika King, said to have dissappeared several months ago from her Newport Beach home in California. Ah.. People seem to dissappear around Miss Marble. She is the Director of Operations at the Parthenon?"

Ethan noted as he was now looking through the employee files of the Hotel, fancying himself to be quite the hacker into systems. Normally he would have killed Alycia already but the amount of security around her and her new high profile status within the government, Ethan was beginning to think that perhaps he was getting in a little too deep even for him. He had destroyed the entire Citadle of Mystech in London, but messing with the United States Government was another issue entirely. Unless of course, Alycia and her friends at Illustra were working for Mystech themselves.

"That must be it.. This has to be a set up..."

He thought for a moment. Getting a call out of the blue to kill an Attorney? The multi million dollar paycheck she had for her head. Stavros Cassadine, the entire Cassadine family? He went back to his days with Mystech as he recalled hearing the Cassadine name once or twice in passing. They built the weapons that made innocent people die. He looked at the camera again. Alison was looking at some papers. She was trying to find him. He was going to have to face off with this woman, whoever she was. He would kill her if he had to.

"I can never get away from these people. One thing is for sure. If Miss Marble thinks I am just going to be hauled back off to Mystech for questioning, she has another thing coming!"
 
Nicolas Apatment--Balcony

Nicolas noticed the reaction to the monument. He smiled a bit as they admired it.

"I'm glad you like it. I needed SOMETHING...and that is what came up."

Nicolas listened as both women spoke of Haleigh's comments. He nodded his head as he remembered the anger in her face, the feeling that he would have to defend Alycia PHYSICALLY from her. He rubbed her shoulder as he tried to reassure her.

"Alycia, you did all you could. I saw what happened, and you did more than most men that I know, many of which get paid to operate in combat. Let that guilt go, Alison let us know that it was her path. A part of that path is that you get to do GOOD for your country, for the cause she and my father espoused, the eradication of persecution against mutants. She would be very proud of her friend. In fact, somewhere , her spirit IS very proud."

Nicolas moved toward the entrance of the balcony area, regaining hisgood humor, rying to be a pick-me-up for them.

"Ladies, please be my guests. I am a pretty good cook, if I say so myself, and I've got a wok, veggies, some meat for those who eat it, and rice enough to make delicious Oriental dishes for (points to them, then himself) TWO very special women and the host. I promise to pull out all the stops, as I have a famous supermodel/CEO and a high government offcial in attendance. Make yourself at home while I get the goodies going.!!"

Nicolas moves toward Morgan as if to swat away a bug, but quickly whispers in her ear.

"Is it safe for Haleigh to be at Illustra? Would she harm Alycia? The answer to that needs to be found out TONIGHT, don't you think? I will help any way you require.
 
Haleigh's penthouse

:: After calming down on the roof of Illustra, Persephone assured Ares that she would be fine. As he left, she made her way down the flights of stairs toward her penthouse. As she made it to her level, she stopped a moment before exiting the stairwell and onto her floor. Looking down the stairs to the 104th floor, Persephone knew if herself and Haleigh were to avoid each other any longer, it could cause a void within the six. Obviously Persephone was unaware of what had just happened... ::

:: Entering into the 104th floor, the goddess made her way down the hall and to Haleigh's door. Knocking very firmly, she awaited the woman to answer. ::
 
105th Floor: Davidoff Residence

Zach released Haleigh and nodded as she asked him to pour her a drink. She seemed to have gathered herself somewhat, and had stopped shaking, her anger quelling for the moment. She went over to the sofa and sank into it, as Zach tried to get some more answers out of her.

Z: "So... Alycia's pretty mad, you reckon? I mean... about how you responded to the accident?"

Haleigh stared off a little at the painting they'd hung last week, her eyes unfocused. "Oh.... I don't think we'll be getting a Christmas card from her. And the rest of the Six... well... they were none too pleased. Nobody even TRIED to talk to HER about what she was saying... something about having me drawn and quartered, I think... no, they were too busy triple-quadruple teaming ME... not that I can blame them.... I WAS threatening their livelihood. But that's not even an issue anymore... what IS... is that I KNOW Stavros had HELP getting into this building... and past security. I relaxed it after we came back from Greece... figuring that with Mystech all but DISSOLVED, we wouldn't have to be too alarmed. Morgan obviously felt the same... or she would have raised magickal protection for the building. But no NORMAL human would have gotten up her alone... which means... someone SPECIAL helped him in... and the THING is... Alycia's going to be so busy worrying about me that she won't even see this guy coming."

Zach came around the couch and sat down in the armchair ajacent, leaning forward to hand Haleigh her drink. "What are you gonna do about that?"

Haleigh accepted the glass and took a drink, a look of intense concentration in her eyes. "I don't know. I don't want her dead... she's far too valuable."

Z: "What DO you want?"

Haleigh looked over at him, wondering that herself. Before she could respond, there was a knock on the door, which she thought odd, considering everything that had just happened. Without checking the security cameras, she answered the door... and found Persephone standing on the other side. Haleigh was caught a little off guard... firstly, it really wasn't an ideal time to appeal to her, though she KNEW Perse didn't know that. Secondly... she had assumed they'd play the avoidance game a little while longer until they were forced into a faceoff... She found that, in spite of herself, she could appreciate Persephone's straightforwardness... so instead of turning the goddess away.... Haleigh opened the door all the way, silently allowing Persephone into her home, and waiting for the woman who had now inhabited her sister's life to speak.
 
Haleigh's penthouse

:: Hearing the door open, Persephone looked up to meet with Haleigh's eyes. She looked like she had been crying, but her face showed otherwise. Assuming Haleigh would simply object to her being there without allowing Persephone to get a word in edge wise, the goddess was actually shocked to see the blonde step aside, allowing her entry into her penthouse. Taking this opportunity to step in, Persephone moved past Haleigh until she was in the foyer. ::

"I know i'm the last person you want to see right now.."

:: Keeping her voice low, she looked over to Zach who sat on the couch, slightly tensed now. Obviously he knew that Haleigh was on edge and could crack at any moment. Looking back to her, Persephone's voice stayed even and steady, but lacked it's normal harsh and cold tone. ::

"And frankly I don't know why i'm even here. But i'm having these emotions...these emotions from your sister that I can't quite seem to control and it's...it's really difficult."

:: It was obvious that Persephone wasn't 'herself'. She was slightly more vunerable than previously when dealing with the members of the six. Normally she was extremely private and would keep to herself until she dealt with the situation, but for some reason, she had a strong urge to see Haleigh and talk with her. ::

"I have rage toward Alycia for killing Stavros. Anger toward the group for wanting to dispose of his body in such a meaningless manner. Heartache for what happened to him....And then there's this overwhelming need for your help. And to see if you're okay."

:: Letting out a scoff-like laugh, Persephone shook her head, asontished at her own words. She was confessing her life story to this woman she hardly knew, in her home with her boyfriend sitting a few feet away. This was not how she functioned and at the moment, Persephone felt pretty ridiculous. She couldn't even come up with a logical reason as to why she even came to see Haleigh at all. ::

"I hate not being in control...and right now, i'm the furthest thing from it. I understand that you hate me for taking over your sister's life. But I need..."

:: Hell just froze over...Persephone was asking for help. And from Haleigh Davidoff of all people. ::

"I need your help."
 
Illustra-from Nicolas' suite to Haleigh's

<< as Nicolas spoke, Morgan felt that he had more than found a way to communicate with the women of the six and had gotten past the stage that Alison had told her about..the one where he was rubbing EVERYONE the wrong way. transition took time and it wasnt something you could anticipate...you just knew you had found your way once you were already in the midst of it.>>

<< she couldnt help but take notice of him again, how handsome and gallant he was and how he was now well within her "reach" so to speak....and primed and ready to be bewitched by HER. she smiled a bit as he offered to entertain her and Alycia. A man this handsome and accomplished AND he cooks too? oh yes, Morgan was beginning to think she had indeed hit the jack pot but it was still too early to tell and she certainly wouldnt let on to HIM how she felt.>>

<< in an icy voice>>

That sounds quite nice. let's invite Delilah too. She had been nearby during the police visit and was listening in, to make sure there was nothing funny going on. Alison is busy right now and I know her well enough to know she doesnt like these kinds of moments.

<< as Nicolas asked her about Haleigh, Morgan shook her head.>>

there's no need to be delicate about it. Alycia knows what kind of woman Haleigh is and what she's capable of. In fact...before you came, there was a specific moment where Alycia even made Haleigh flustered by the amount of intelligence info she had at her disposal.

Haleigh may have taken leave of her senses downstairs but I have the distinct feeling that even she isnt foolish enough to attack Alycia, a woman who is practically a federal agent as well as friends of myself, alison and delilah...especially on the premesis of Illustra. Just do your best to keep things calm and pleasant here so that Alycia will get a good nights rest. Tomorrow we'll be going over HER place in Central Park West to make sure it is secure and bug proof. With her position changing...I know enough to know she's not going to be using her satellite office here or staying here as often as she once did.

<< as they walked inside, Morgan looked at Alycia and smiled.>>

i think dinner with Nicolas will be okay don't you? he'll call Delilah and meanwhile, i have something i need to attend to.


<< she was of course referring to the visit she was about to pay Haleigh, unaware that Persephone was there too but that didnt matter. they BOTH needed to be told about themselves and Morgan was just the one to do it.>>

<< out of Nicolas' suite and down the darkened halls of the 100th floor, Morgan takes the elevator up to the 105th floor and makes her way out into that hall and down to Haleigh's apartment. Pressing the bell on the door, Morgan waits...>>>
 
The Parthenon- confrontation

:: Alison often thrived best as a solo adventurer. she had done so for YEARS prior to joining the six...during her quest for the discovery and understanding of the darkest magicks known to man. Now, she felt clear headed and was in a proactive mood, thus her journey to the Parthenon. ::


:: across town, some time had passed as Alison studied the occupant list as well as the list of unoccupied rooms. her focus was on the top three floors where celebrities and other wealthy, powerfull, and/or unusual guests would stay.::



::using her powers as a Seer, she went back to the moment of the "accident" involving Alycia and Stavros, he crashed through the window and landed on the ground...but he wasn't ALONE when he met his death. there was another presence there....fleeting like quicksilver and not readily seen by the physical eye.::

:: searching all of the most probably time threads involving Alycia and her possible demise the most likely timethread had her meeting her death at the hands of a man, a well accomplished sniper/mercenary but there was something ELSE about him. something he kept well guarded and something that aided him in cementing his reputation! this man was connected to the cassadines and he was HERE.::


Ethan Cruise

:: her cobalt blue eyes stopped on that name, as she scanned across and saw what room he was in. not only had he been here for a bit of time, as he was closing in on Alycia but he had tapped into the security systems of the parthenon. they were not fortified like the systems at Illustra and it was much easier to high jack them.::

He may be watching me, but he can't anticipate the moves of one who sees EVERYTHING and holds time in her sway.

:: Alison closes the folder. She does not address the clerk again as she leaves the night office and goes out into the lobby, rounding a corner quickly before BLINKING from the main floor ALL THE WAY to the top floor.....but not appearing anywhere in sight of cameras or human eyes. Guardian waits a few moments before BLINKING RIGHT INTO ETHAN'S ROOM to surprise him.::

It's not nice to spy on people ...especially when YOU are the guest IN THEIR DOMAIN!

:: gesturing ala' Prue Halliwell, a rushing chiming sound is heard as Guardian TK's Ethan across the room and into the wall. her own way of making SURE she had his attention.::

don't bother trying to escape. I'll know what you plan to do even before YOU do. I know why you're here and I know that you're MORE than an ordinary human. it was YOU who helped Stavros bypass Illustra security in his attempt to kill Alycia.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Persephone guessed she was an unwelcome guest for Haleigh... but Haleigh only gave a slighted laugh as she showed the woman to her sitting area.

"I hate to burst your bubble... but you DON'T top that list right now.... there are a couple of people I RATHER not see. Please, have a seat.... don't worry... you aren't the only one a little puzzled at her own actions... I think you must have come here for the same inexplicable reason that I have for letting you IN."

She SOUNDED quite hospitable... but her expression was blank, making it difficult to see how she REALLY felt about Perse's being here. She listened politely as the goddess talked about how she felt now, in light of what happened.... and it struck Haleigh that this was NOT the same woman that they'd brought back from Limbo. Not only did the woman LOOK like her sister... but she almost seemed to remind Haleigh of her at times, and it was something that caught Haleigh unawares and influenced her reception of Perse's request for help. Haleigh paused, wondering what kind of help Perse might be looking for, and why she should even help at all... after ALL... they'd never been on the best of terms, though Persephone's diving save during the Malice Showdown was appreciated.... they hadn't so much as spoken a word to each other since. But to counter every reason to turn Perse DOWN, there was a reason to help.... and Haleigh rarely was without an agenda.... and Perse's objection to the way Stav's death was handled, both by Alycia AND the Six's nearly UNANIMOUS approval of the violence told Haleigh that if she were willing to at least LISTEN to Perse... she might have someone behind her when the thing with Alycia blew up [which she KNEW would, and probably soon].

"Persephone... I don't HATE you.... maybe i... resent you... a little... but I know that it was something you had no control over.... and part of me knows that what happened was the best end of a poor deal. Eventually... out of necessity, I imagine I'll be okay... with this... it just takes TIME... and this comes right on the coattails of losing someone very close... so its much like a compound fracture. I suppose... if you're willing to extend some courtesy.... and effort.... then I don't see why I can't at least meet you halfway. As far as help goes.... we [the Six] try to be a team with comradery and internal support.... if you are willing to ASK for it... there are usually a couple willing to GIVE it. What exactly did you have in mi--"

Haleigh stopped as the door chimed... she paused and then stood up again, excusing herself. "My my.... it's like Grand Central Station here tonight... let me answer that... I'll be right back." Haleigh opened the door a second time to see a serious looking Morgan standing in her hall. Haleigh put up a hand in the 'stop' gesture and made a stand in her own defense.

"Morgan, I know you might be upset with what just happened... but you DONT know whats behind it... so before you pop off trying to give me a stern talking to, I think you ought to just take into consideration that while I may not have gone about it in the BEST sort of manner... it needed to be DEALT with... I LOST IT in there.... I know that... but... I just..... COULDN'T.... anymore.... and I'm really only BORDERLINE holding it together right now.... so..."
 
Illustra-105th floor

<< Haleigh answered the door and Morgan folded her arms. Haleigh knew what time it was and immediately attempted to explain that Morgan didnt know what was going on..>>

I'm not my mother, I'm not here to administer therapy.

<< Morgan was in no mood to coddle or be sweet as she barged past Haleigh and found Persephone and Zach sitting in the room.>>

What i AM here for, is to find out just what hell it is that you claim I'm missing and why the two of you are acting so STUPID over the death of a man that YOU << pointing at Persephone>> NEVER KNEW and were only too willing to help eliminate when Alycia first came to you about helping to secure your identity AND YOU << gesturing at Haleigh>> claimed to despise? or was that just to try to deflect the cloud of suspicion that was settling back over you when Alycia found out your little secret?

<< standing in the middle of the room Morgan's super model stature was a bit imposing. she was already the tallest woman and when wearing heels..it just made her look like her legs never ended.>>

the way you behaved down stairs was INTOLERABLE! I don't care HOW you feel..how DARE you threaten Alycia OR endanger this team and this building!

Stavros got what he deserved. He was a fugitive and TRESSPASSING. he threatened and ATTACKED Alycia and she had every right to defend herself. she doesnt answer to YOU or any of us for that matter- her relationship with us, the six...the favors she has done for us...has been out long standing friendship between she and i. Do you realize you could be taken into custody for blackmailing her ALONE? You would be exposed and everyone would know who and what you are and i'm quite sure there are many people AROUND THE WORLD in various governments who want a piece of you.

If you had something to say, or had some problem this pressing...you should have just kept silent on that floor and spoke to someone privately or better yet...just LEFT like Persephone! You didnt do anything but make things WORSE and you know Alycia well enough to know there is going to be hell to pay. You wont be able to escape..or "hide"..and you've placed ME in a very difficult position.

I want an explanation...NOW!
 
105th Floor: Davidoff Residence

Haleigh narrowed her eyes Morgan pushed through... it was clear that Spellbinder was irritated and intended on coming down on her no matter WHAT she said... but she didn't expect her to drag Persephone into the conversation and it caused Haleigh to experience a rise in emotion that made her respond INSTINCTIVELY, as she followed Morgan into the sitting room, aparently unintimidated by the Sorceress' height.

"HEY! You leave her OUT of this! It was ORORO's idea to 'meld' their personalities together in the FIRST place, so why SHOULDNT she be upset?? He WAS her FATHER, in essence, so cut her some slack!"

Haleigh suddenly made a confused, surprised face, as she rubbed her eyes with one hand and shook her head softly, perplexed by the sudden desire to defend Persephone. Morgan went on to scold her and demand an explanation. Haleigh looked up and countered, defending herSELF now.

"If I have something to say to THAT WOMAN, I will SAY IT whenEVER is most convienient for me, and YOU being there ISNT going to STOP ME! I don't expect you to understand, Morgan... because YOU didnt SEE the way she treated me when she found out that I was connected to the Cassadines. Like I was some kind of TRAITOR! With that DEMEANING, ACCUSATORY tone that was ALMOST as bad as BLAZE was during the final fight with Malice... and I just SAT THERE..... and took it... because I KNEW... if I flipped out... I'd be crucified! And even though I PLEADED with her to leave Ava OUT of it, she went anyway, with the INTENT of killing my sister! Never MIND that she didn't actually get the chance to DO just that... she COMPLETELY and DELIBERATELY disregarded my wishes and made NO BONES ABOUT actually WANTING to do so!" Haleigh was getting more worked up.. she ran her hands through her hair and looked almost like she was going to tear it out... she appeared absolutely IRATE. "She's been out to GET ME since day ONE and i Just.... I JUST CANT! TAKE IT! ANYMORE!!!"

Haleigh's eyes bulged and she breathed heavily, and Zach sat up, as if ready to intervene if it went any further... but Haleigh stared off in the distance for a few seconds and her breathing calmed... and she lowered her voice and spoke again...

"What's done is done. I TOLD her I wanted nothing more to do with her and that's the way I feel at this point. If she thinks she's GOT to pursue this, then FINE... I've never RUN or HID from my problems and it would be an INSULT to my PRIDE and my DIGNITY to start now.... besides... you and I BOTH know.... she can try to have me arrested... and i MAY even go along with it... but the SECOND she does... my company would disappear... every single TRACE of evidence will vanish... sure... you ALL saw what I did... she could, with your COOPERATION, nail me on blackmail or extortion of a goverment official but honestly... I'd get one or two years? 6 months with good behaviour and thats a JOKE... a waste of her time. And with NO hard proof of anything ELSE... the rest would just be CONJECTURE... I'd be able to wriggle out of it. And on top of THAT... her trying to make something come of THAT puts YOUR names, YOUR lives under microscopes... so I've got enemies... what's the worst theyll do, try to KILL me? [scoffs] Story of my life."
 
Haleigh's penthouse

:: Seeing Morgan burst through the door, Persephone immedately stood seeing the displeasure and outright anger that was written across her face. Blinking a few times trying to gather why the hell she was so pissed, she took it a step too far by pointing a finger at the goddess and basically berating her for something she had no control over. ::

"Excuse me, but don't you dare stand there and speak to me like i'm a child. Yes, I had ever intention of killing Stavros and Ava to benefit my place in this timeline, but it was Ororo's idea to send me through that damn rock. And because of that choice, I now have Ava Cassadine's emotions running through me like hot lava causing me to feel angst for her dispicable father's death, when in reality, I could care less."

:: Crossing her arms along her chest, she stood a couple inches smaller to Morgan, even in pumps. But their eyes met evenly, displaying Persephone's annoyence and displeasure about this entire situation. But she was slightly taken back when she heard Haleigh jump in and defend her. From the looks of it, Haleigh was quite surprised herself. Deciding to leave her explaination at that, Persephone kept quiet for the time being. ::

:: Listening to Morgan go on about Haleigh and Alycia, obviously she had missed a big fall out after leaving Alycia's office. This explained why Morgan was so pissed off and Haleigh was so on edge. Taking in a deep breath, Persephone uncrossed her arms and glanced toward Zach for a moment before bringing her attention back to a fuming Morgan. ::
 
Illustra-105th floor

<< folding her arms as she locked eyes with a defiant Persephone, Morgan let her say what she had to say and then retorted.>>

You had a choice. Ororo didnt FORCE you through the seige perilous. that is not her way and if you truly felt uncomfortable with the idea, you should have spoken UP. You knew we had to find a way to fully integrate you into this timeline...but aside from Alison, how were we to know it would happen THIS WAY? you can't blame this on ANYONE..it was YOUR CHOICE to pass through the gem and IT made the "adjustments" accordingly. That does not give you the right to WHIMP OUT on us. We ALL have our mental neuroses or other personal crisis from time to time. I expect that you'll pull yourself together....if you need time off from the team, then I'll grant you that but i'm NOT going to have someone who has random outbursts and fits of emotion on my team.....dealing with Blaze was enough for us ALL to see how ineffective that makes a person.

<< turning to look down at Haleigh.>>

see, that's your problem. you truly believe you have an out for EVERYTHING. I don't think you understand that the game has CHANGED NOW. the most valuble thing that The Six has with Alycia is the TRUST. She holds our secret under lock and key...SHE has covered OUR asses so many times...but BEFORE she was able to operate on a more "private" level...NOW she's a government agent. She's not going to be as "buddy buddy" with us now because she CAN'T but she WILL make sure that WE remain free of scrutiny and will run interference for us now that she is the chairwoman on the federal committee of superhuman affairs.

Alycia nearly destroyed Cameron's company...she has ENOUGH documentation on you to do the same to Clandestine INC. She knows about your operations overseas and the government is going to believe HER way before they believe YOU. You've made a life of destroying people, leaving death and chaos in your wake in the world of espionage...did you think you would be forever unchecked or unmatched?

You remember how you felt the night she upstaged you during the NERVOUS caper? She did that to proove a point. She may not have powers..but she could be just as deadly a foe. If she drops the word about you being a mutant and infected with the techno organic virus..you WILL disappear..but not by your own hand. They will not stop coming for you until you ARE DEAD.


<< pausing for a moment>>

your sister DIDNT DIE...so stop trying to make Alycia pay for something that didnt happen. FURTHER MORE...your blowing up on HER for what BLAZE did....it just makes NO SENSE. You physically battered my sister and nearly killed her, something i didnt appreciate and you have the GAUL to talk about someone else treatening your sister in light of that? You're lucky i didnt send Ava to LIMBO. Family instinct goes both ways Haleigh. You'd do well to remember that.


Alycia's "crusade" in Greece was a long time coming. Stavros needed to PAY for what happened to Sharon and for the life he built on the BLOOD of innocents who died by his weapons of destruction. I fail to see what your problem is on that. WE WENT to ensure that your sister would survive so blaming Alycia for refusing to acknolwedge you is one thing...blaming her for something that DIDNT HAPPEN is quite another. What happened down stair was just unbelievable on your part and whether you care or not...I am totally disappointed. You put an UNECESSARY strain on a team that has had a TERRIBLY HARD TIME finding harmony from the beginning.

You've been acting VERY unstable lately and I think until you've worked out your issues, I'm relieving you of your duty. FURTHER MORE, you are to stay away from Alycia. Nicolas and Delilah are with her now and they WILL use force to protect her if necessary.
 
Haleigh's penthouse

"I don't believe excusing myself from a room counts for an all out meltdown. And further more, I would appricate you not pinning me out to be an emotional wreck. Have my emotions interfered with the team thus far? No. Have I even showed an OUNCE of emotional distress aside from an hour ago when I excused myself from Alycia's office. No. Yes it was my choice to go through the Seige Perilous, therefore I must figure out a way to gain control of Ava. But having you stand here, looking down at me like i'm a five year old on the verge of breaking down at any given moment is insulting. Think what you may, but you've only known me for less than a month. I don't believe that gives you the right to pass judgement on who I am and my mental 'status'.

:: Persephone's tone was cold and direct. She liked Spellbinder, very much in fact. She was the only person she felt a 'connection' with when coming into this timeline because of Darkchilde. But not even Darkchilde spoke to her in a manner that suggested she a child ready to have a tantrum at a moments notice. ::

"Time off won't be necessary. I am, and have been, in control. And will continue to be."
 
Black Widow
Black Widow
nice rebuttal :D
105th Floor: Davidoff Residence

This wasn't the first time Haleigh'd locked horns with Morgan... and it likely wouldn't be the last... but as she narrowed her eyes in the face of Morgan's continued and drawn out onslaught, she realized that this time was different... THIS time, she was losing ground with Morgan that she'd worked HARD to gain after the inferno incident... and she knew the longer their disagreement went on, the worse it would become between them... Haleigh had already grown bitter at this point and her expression was cold and detached, a clear sign that she was done allowing this to dominate her evening.

"Then I'll DIE." She deadpanned, putting her hands on her hips, and narrowing her eyes at Morgan. "But are you REALLY going to just STAND IDLY BY and let her DO THAT.... after everything we've been through.... you're going to just.... cut me loose?? You wouldn't let ME hurt HER.... but you'd let HER hurt ME?"

Haleigh rolled her eyes as Morgan gave her a lecture about family instinct. Did she HAVE to go through this AGAIN? "And YOU are lucky I had the presence of MIND not to KILL Blaze. The situation isn't even REMOTELY the same. Ava had next to NO involvement in Alycia's issues with Stavros at THAT point... but Blaze.... oh.... BLAZE had pissed off HALF the team before I stepped in to put her in her place... and that was only AFTER she GRABBED me first. If YOUR MOTHER had felt my reaction was out of LINE... she would have SAID something to you, wouldn't she? But she DIDNT. she kept quiet when I TOLD YOU Blaze had been pratically asking for it, because SHE KNEW it was more than true."

Haleigh said, with intense conviction. she refrained from pointing out the physical altercations Morgan HERSELF had with Blaze not too long ago... as she knew drudging the events surrounding inferno up would only ESCALATE an already tense arguement.

"I DONT have a problem with Alycia going after Stavros Cassadine. I have a PROBLEM with the way she TREATED ME, or haven't you been LISTENING??"

Morgan delivered a final statement which in short called Haleigh unstable, relieved her of her 'duty' on the team, and forbid her from seeing a woman Haleigh had no intent of ever seeing again anyway. Haleigh's expression went tight.

"Did you come here with the sole desire to break me down and then KICK me in the ribs while I crawled around searching blindly for my sanity? I don't know what you EXPECTED to come of this but unless you have something SUPPORTIVE or at the very least CONSTRUCTIVE left to say...thank you for your abandonment, I think I'd like you to LEAVE now."
 
Nicolas Apartment--Living Room

Nicolas listened as Morgan and Alycia decided to stay for dinner. he was working on the recipe oin his head when Morgan left to run an errand, asking him to contact Delilah. He decided that mentally was as good as anything and so he "spoke" to her while pulling out the ingredients for tonights meal.

"Delilah, this is Nicolas. Morgan has assigned the two of us to guard duty for Alycia, and I figured I would feed us while we were going. If you would kindly join me and Alycia in my apartment, I will pull out some wine and make the finest Oriental dishes you could imagine. Morgan will join us shortly."

Having sent the message, Nicolas walked back over to Alycia and smiled at her, trying to lighten the mood.

"Alone at last!! (winks mischievously as he looks her up and down, then smiles warmly) Seriously Alycia, can I get you a drink? Wine? Beer? Mixed drink? Just get comfortable and I will be at your service. Hopefully Delilah and Morgan will be here soon and I will have us eating in about an hour."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top