Bette Midler slams Ariana Grande

Karma

Heart Attack
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
7,430
Location
Outside of time and space
Bette Midler slams Ariana Grande over sexy performances

---------------

I have noticed that Ariana's presentation has gotten more image focused while the lyrics of her songs have become a little more elementary. She's gotten alot of attention & priase for her talent & the fact that she DIDNT rely on overt sexuality on stage, but that's starting to change.

A few years ago, she said herself, she wanted to be known for her voice & her talent rather than her looks. she said she "wanted people to listen to her music rather than look & judge". She also said when it came to sexy fashion, "it's not on my mind, I think of my music first". But apparently this is changing as well.
 
Oh, this is not a surprise. Remember when Miley first started out? She was all sunshine and rainbows and now...yeah. LOL! I don't even know who this Ariana is...all I really know is that she's a pop star maybe? I was surprised to see her on the cover of my InStyle magazine though.
 
Lmaooooo. Omg this is great.

I cannot STAND Ariana Grande. She just seems like a diva and puts on this fake "sweet" persona. When I see her trying to be sexy, it's like watching a 10 year old trying to be sexy LOL. There's no denying she has talent, and I admit, I have a few of her songs on my phone [they're catchy damnit! lol]...but I just love how Bette put her on blast.
 
yeah it is rather funny & definitely on point. I enjoy Ariana's voice but id really rather not see her. she DOES come off like a "little girl playing dress up". I cant believe she's DATING the rapper BIG SEAN (who happens to be from DETROIT :D ) isn't she like 12!? LOL
 
well she definitely handled that in a smart way. i'll give her credit for that.

I suppose Bette, in your eyes, is right up there w/ Annie Lennox & myself for being feminist hypocrites :p

Bette DID refer to herself as a "reformed whore" & didnt exactly w/draw her initial comment abt Ariana w/ was funny to me.

Does it matter that that Bette's target audience back in her sexy mermaid days was mostly gay men? lol!
 
Last edited:
Honestly, in today's record industry, you CANNOT be judged just for your talent. It is ALL about appearance and presentation and these are choices that frankly are probably not up to her.
 
Back
Top