Benedict Cumberbatch is Dr. Strange

Clara Oswald

Oswin!
Staff member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
4,648
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
MARVEL OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS DOCTOR STRANGE

by Steve Sunu

Marvel.com has announced that Benedict Cumberbatch has been officially cast in the leading role for Marvel Studios' "Doctor Strange," directed by Scott Derrickson and written by Jon Spaihts.

"Stephen Strange's story requires an actor capable of great depth and sincerity," Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said in the official announcement. "In 2016, Benedict will show audiences what makes Doctor Strange such a unique and compelling character."

Cumberbatch was widely reported to be cast for "Doctor Strange" in October, though Feige said the casting wasn't official when Marvel announced its upcoming film slate in October, and that if it were confirmed, it would have been revealed along with the Phase Three film slate.

Most fans will recognize Cumberbatch as the star of BBC's "Sherlock." His other roles include upcoming film "The Imitation Game," "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug." He's also been cast in "Jungle Book: Origins" as Shere Khan. Cumberbatch was floated as a possibility to fill Doctor Strange's cloak as far back as June, after talks with Joaquin Phoenix reportedly fell through.

"Doctor Strange" is scheduled for release on Nov. 4, 2016.

Source: Comic Book Resources

He is such a good actor you could really put him in any role and have it work out so...
 
I'm burnt out on Barbell Cabbagepatch, I'm just tired of seeing him in stuff for a while

Personally I was hoping for Oded Fehr to get the part
 
The rumours were going around for a while (a bit like Jason and Aquaman) but i'm glad it is official.
 
Why because the show got cancelled or because Jason Mamoa got the role? Coz Jason is going to rock it but i'm biased.
 
Years ago they were saying Ben got the role of Aquaman on the tv show, this was like before Sherlock, before I had ever heard of him, and I was like, "WTF?! Who is this guy?!" But then he wasn't really Aquaman.
 
Really? I didn't not know that. Nah I don't think he would have been a good fit for that role. Then again I was dead set against a new Green Arrow when they didn't cast Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen in Arrow but well the right man was definitely cast.

Did I ever tell you my friend was at school with Benedict? Course you know my Hiddles story....
 
I think it was Aquaman. It was something around the time we were on The Daily Planet. And there was one picture of him out there and it was TERRIBLE.

And yes, I really need to send Stephen Amell an apology for everything I said about them not casting Justin Hartley.

You didn't tell me your Ben story, but I love that Hiddles story...
 
You and me both! Thats why I bought two of his F Cancer T'shirts. Justin just would not have fit with the tone of that show.

Remember Nigel the pilot? He was at school with Ben...said he was a prick. I suspect it was different circles.

That Hiddles story is my fave and completely backs up my belief that he is a God among men if that was his choice in women as she is a gem.
 
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Yes I remember Nigel!
I think if you saw him imitate the Beyonce 'pop star' walk, you might change your mind...hilarious!!
 
Back
Top