The Festive Period

Mary Stuart

Queen of Scotland
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
153
Location
Scotland
Ok this has been bugging me for a while now that I had to vent.

It really bugs me that people use the holidays, be it Christmas/Easter etc as an excuse to binge.

Some of you know I wasn't always as healthy as I was now, I was a big girl. But now I like to work out, I eat clean and I feel better. I am training for two reasons, life and the police.

I decided I did not want to go to my works Christmas dinner because I could not control the food and free flowing booze. I explained to my co workers this and was scoffed at with the response 'its Christmas'. Yes i'm all for a balance but stop using a holiday as an excuse and then complain that you are fat.

I'm keeping my resolve because I know what is more important.
 
I really don't have to worry about getting fat over the holidays b/c I don't really bother w/ holiday fare, as I don't celebrate most "traditional" holidays

but the other day in the shoutbox, I did ask if drinking one cup of coffee a day will make you fat! LOL :D
 
One cup of coffee will not make you fat, in fact some people recommend you have it prior to a workout. I tend to limit my coffee though.

I don't worry about getting fat over the holidays, it is more the attitude of it is ok to let yourself go 'because its a holiday'. I'm all for relaxing and enjoying myself (I did have a rather nice pastry today) but when people try and put pressure on you because you try and stick to your guns and don't buy into this, it just gets my back up.
 
Karma
Karma
I love the expressions you use, like "get my back up", b/c I am a huge fan of "Are you being served?" & I hear lots of those phrases & slang on that show & it's great to hear someone I know use them
One cup of coffee will not make you fat, in fact some people recommend you have it prior to a workout. I tend to limit my coffee though.

I don't worry about getting fat over the holidays, it is more the attitude of it is ok to let yourself go 'because its a holiday'. I'm all for relaxing and enjoying myself (I did have a rather nice pastry today) but when people try and put pressure on you because you try and stick to your guns and don't buy into this, it just gets my back up.

ive gone through a journey of changing my diet & eating habits that has lasted over a decade. I'm now vegetarian. But when I started out, I would go from one extreme to the other b/c I had some body image issues when I went from being a size 4 to a size 7-8 . it sounds silly...but that's how pervasive THAT issue is among women in America thanks to a variety of things.

I'm much better off now in mind & body
 
I'm very much the same. I went through a long period of being allergic to wheat, gluten and dairy. Now it seems i'm not, i'm just slightly intolerant, so i'm feeling sick from said pastry. I did it on purpose because I wanted to remind myself that I still get sick and feel crap so just don't do it.

I think i'm between a 6-8 to the US sizes, which is an 8/10 here. I'm a 6 on top, 8 on bottom. I went back to eating meat having been vegan for a few years but i'm switching back, purely because I can feel the difference in my recovery times and my general health. That and I re-watched Forks Over Knives.

I'm sitting watching TV now and someone just commented with 'Its Christmas, its the time to stuff yourself". That is the problem. At least at home it is just myself and my Dad so there is no overdoing it.
 
Back
Top