Mariah Carey bombs at NYC tree lighting

Nah this is like the fifth time this year she has sucked live. She is lazy and she doesn't prepare or take care of her voice, and she focuses more on the lighting and the fact that she is a diva instead of giving people who pay big money to see her a show. Even her songs that aren't THAT difficult she can't do. She switches into high falsetto to carry her through now and even that she struggles with. It's annoying.
 
Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but what has she really done in the past 10/15 years other than marry Nick Cannon? I mean, I like Mariah and everything, but is she even relevant now?
 
I cannot STAND Mariah Carey because of everything Brandon said [that and I hate when she screetches super high and plugs her ear when she does it LOL]. She relies on the fact that she's a diva [from the 90's] and doesn't have to work hard in the industry anymore because of that fact. If I were a fan of hers, I would be pissed that she keeps showing up not giving a shit about her performances.

So I find this hilarious lol. :p
 
Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but what has she really done in the past 10/15 years other than marry Nick Cannon? I mean, I like Mariah and everything, but is she even relevant now?

Emancipation of Mimi (2005) & E=MC2 (2008) were solid albums w/ several hit singles. I'm not a HUGE fan of Mariah's BUT I definitely felt like these albums proved she still "had it" @ the time.

Now? I don't know. @Havok pretty much summed up what's wrong w/ her. I feel bad about her marriage coming apart b/c Nick seems to have been rather cruel about her mental health issues.

But @ the same time, she does appear to be rather LAZY w/ her craft & no longer hungry for new success, opting instead to rest on her past (but no less considerable) achievements.
 
Her Emancipation album was good...but it wasn't because of her vocals...it was because the songs were catchy and well written, same thing for E=Mc whatever lol. She hasn't had "IT" for a very long time.
 
both of those albums were definitely well produced & heavily hyped. part of her problem is that ever since L.A. Reid sent her packing, she hasnt had a strong label behind her willing to support her & unlike some of her peers in the industry, she isnt known for writing & producing her own material.

from E-MC2, i loved the song "ill be lovin you long time' it was a nice, mid tempo ditty & it featured simple vocals from her which was nice to hear b/c as it's been said throughout this thread, she's gotten sloppy w/ her vocals. critics actually praised that song b/c she used the lower end of her reigstry & kept it simple.
 
Back
Top