Holiday Music

Prophet

Aftershock
Staff member
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
2,406
Location
Northern California
So I came to work today to notice that we have made the dreaded shift from regular music to....HOLIDAY MUSIC. It feels a little too soon to me, but I know how people love their Christmas stuff, so who I am to deny them?! Haha!

This got me thinking though...

We hear a lot of the same songs over and over again during the Holidays. Some of them drive us up the wall and others are cherished favorites. I personally love the "Old Hollywood" style Holiday songs. The ones that were sung by the great jazz singers of the time. They are simple and pretty and really speak to me in terms of what the Holidays are about.

I wanted to know what some of your favorite Christmas/Holiday Songs are...and! Which ones do you just absolutely HATE?!
 
I REALLY hate "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)". It drives me absolute bonkers. What about the families whose loved ones DIDN'T come home from the war(s)? What about THEM? I don't think it was a very happy Xmas for THEM. I may have some strong feelings about this song. LOL!
 
I wish I was you. LOL!

It seems as if I hear that song a million times every Christmas season. :rolleyes: Other than that, I don't mind any other songs. :D
 
A song that i grew up hearing @ every family x-mas gathering was Paul Mccartney's Christmas Time & so that has become a holiday song I have to hear during that time of year even though I dont celebrate xmas anymore, it soothes me & brings back memories :)

Other xmas songs I like, even though I dont celebrate are:

TLC - Sleighride
Madonna- Santa Baby
Celine Dion- The christmas song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)
Gloria Estafan- Let it snow
SWV- Silver Bells
Donny Hathaway- This christmas
Whitney Houston- One Wish
------------
Songs i HATE?

Mariah Carey- All i want for christmas
Chris Brown's cover of This christmas

Everything else is a blur lol
 
Last edited:
Back
Top